Winnipeg Girls Win Right To Play On Boys' Hockey Team

Pierre the Great

So what about the guy who can't make a team? Does this mean if he's not good enough he can go play on a girls team, since it's at a lower level (according to the girls who sued)

Can of worms................

There are PLENTY of competitive girls/womens teams out there, if they want to continue playing they should MOVE or COMMUTE to these "elite" teams. Look at the Olympic team, players from all over Canada, yet they have to travel to play/train etc......

So what about the guy who can't make a team? Does this mean if he's not good enough he can go play on a girls team, since it's at a lower level (according to the girls who sued)

Can of worms................

no, it doesn't mean that. It is not a can of worms.

Everything can be phrased as a line drawing problem, so what? This is not a two way street and you obviously understand why.

Its ultimately a double standard. Even me the most leftist on here (i think) can say that. Its a form of feminism. Where the woman is on top so to speak. It only applies to girls always will. Its about equality. Its like men can do what ever they want and girls always will have this idea attached to them.

Guys wouldn't dare try out on a girls team because it would make them feel weak.

But if a girl wanted to try out on a mens team. Its a woman blazing a trail breaking the barrier standing up for womenhood. Thats not parabole its just a fact. Women have always been treated differently then men.

Things like this case are there to show that it shouldn't come down to a Y chromesome. Skill knows no sex, no race, no disease, no physical problems, mental problems etc.

Bottomline its a never ending battle.

heres the problem, the first girl that lands a massive hit on one of these girls is gonna get a lot of flack from ppl.

If they are big enough, i say fine, but they souldn't do it just to prove a point

First of all those girls are incredibly skinny and they will have have their bodies crushed under the weight of a 300 pound tubby defence men

Second, they wont make the team

thirdly, I dont know about ur highschool teams but ares showers in the rooms, that would be VERY akward, not that i wouldnt like it :D

Edit- oops didnt see they were already cut

Edited by Shu