Rivet Is Not Up To Par

markierung

Now i know this guy is supposed to be a big leader in the locker room and all that,

but personally, i really think we could do without the guy

i think he's our worst defencemen right now.

1. His speed isn't up to par with the league now

2. He doesn't have a lot of size to make up for the lack of speed

3. Offensively, he's pretty much useless besides to odd point every ten games

4. Constant defensive errors over the years. PPL talk about Sourray and his defensive lapses, but u know what, Rivet has just as many if not more only they're not as visible because they don't lead to highlight real goals

He had an above average year last year, so it would be a good time to trade him. Maybe if you throw in a prospect and a draft pick, we could possibly get a really good puck moving defenceman.

Besides, we have a lot of prospects that quite frankly, we don't have room for

Either that, or we push him out when bouillon comes back

I don't agree with much of what was written above with the exception of Rivet having an above average season (offensively) last year.

He's a very reliable defensman, who does anything he is asked. Paired with Markov, the two of them have excellent chemistry and play very well together. As well he provides decent grit and stands up for his teammates and is very good in the lockerroom and on the ice as a leader.

Even when Bouillon comes back this guy is indespensable, and if he is a bad as your saying, how exactly does he bring a good puck moving defensman in return, unless those picks your talking about are 1st rounders and/or your best prospects?

Rivet had a bad game last night, and he'll have bad nights now and then, but right now he is easily a top four and soemtimes top 2 defensman on Montreal's depth chart most nights

What have I missed? When did the Habs get a lot of prospects that could use Rivet's ice time?

Rivet may be overpaid but from what I've heard he's a voice in the locker room. He has also developed every year, and quiet a bit since Brisebois left.

With the salaray cap I don't think Rivet would get us anything in return but another overpaid player so why waste a leader for that?

Rivet = Solid......Very reliable on most nights, and would do anything for the team..We definitely need this guy in the lineup....

Too bad we couldnt have 3 of him, along with 2 Markovs and a Komisarek!! haha....Our D would be set!...

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

i really disagree with you guys

just because he gets into the odd fight and hits guys who are smaller than him, ppl think he'll break his back for the team

just look out for the defensive gafs this year

i really disagree with you guys

just because he gets into the odd fight and hits guys who are smaller than him, ppl think he'll break his back for the team

just look out for the defensive gafs this year

We made the playoffs by only 3 points last season......we could have missed it altogether had we not benefited from Rivet's un-expected offensive contribution, ( 34 points ).

I have alot of respect for veterans that keeps improving their games and Rivet was our most improved

player last season and the team have cashed-in in more ways than one......and it's all positives.

Gainey loves it when his team improved from within and shows loyalty to players that contribute to

that effect.

I like his gritt and his involvement with the team and althought it is only pre-saison it didn't stop him to drop

the gloves at the ACC in Toronto when Ribeiro got nailed to the ice in front of the Leaf's net.

Talking about puck carrier......why not talk about Streit,....his he going to be our most improved player for

the 06-07 season ? Well that would be nice,....improvement from within....Bob would just love to see that again.

Rivet's improvement curve might be still ongoing, I know right handed D are not that commun....he did

a few interesting offensive plays in Toronto....who knows what could be lying ahead.

Edited by PB

Rivet really steped up last year.

I thought he would struggle with the quicker game but he did a superb job!

I am not so sure he wil be with the Canadiens next season unless he does not ask for too much of a raise.

All I can say is that, if Rivet is still with the team, it's because his presence is considered worthwhile by those who decide the 'worthwhile-ness' of the team's assets. It's not us softcouchcoaches who know enough to evaluate the value of an individual to the team.

Brisebois is gone, Théodore is gone, Bulis is gone, Zednik is gone, others are gone... Rivet is still here...

Enough said...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Hummm... I think my appreciation of Rivet falls somewhere between markierung and Hicks-Rated73.

Rivet is up to par, but that doesnt mean he's reliable.

Rivet has recurring brain cramps and you never know when they'll happen; but they dont happen so often to worry about having to replace him.

Before last season Rivet was something to worry about; but last season he tighten his game and cut down on mistakes. He's not the tough guy most people try to make him to be. Not anymore. That Rivet is gone since his injuries a few seasons ago. Rivet's now an half-and-half defenseman, using some mix of decent physical and decent position game to go along. On top of that he has the occasional offense spurts.

Overall, Rivet falls in the average range. What saves him is that he tends to step up offensively in big games and he's got the influence that comes along with being with the team for 12 years and be Saku's best buddy.

Hummm... I think my appreciation of Rivet falls somewhere between markierung and Hicks-Rated73.

Rivet is up to par, but that doesnt mean he's reliable.

Rivet has recurring brain cramps and you never know when they'll happen; but they dont happen so often to worry about having to replace him.

Before last season Rivet was something to worry about; but last season he tighten his game and cut down on mistakes. He's not the tough guy most people try to make him to be. Not anymore. That Rivet is gone since his injuries a few seasons ago. Rivet's now an half-and-half defenseman, using some mix of decent physical and decent position game to go along. On top of that he has the occasional offense spurts.

Overall, Rivet falls in the average range. What saves him is that he tends to step up offensively in big games and he's got the influence that comes along with being with the team for 12 years and be Saku's best buddy.

KoZed I find myself agreeing with you. Rivet when mistakes are limited can be effective. I like his game sometimes and other times he looks tired. The farm team is going to need time to develop defenceman so like it or not, Rivet is going to be on the big club. If Montreal had not lost Hainsey (lackluster performer at the time) for nothing with the callup mistake by Gainey, Montreal might have been able to trade him for a half decent veteran. But alas we have to cheer for the guys and hope they have career years.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan