Heavy Metal Singer Says Montreal Shooter Not Worthy

Pierre the Great

He wrote in his blog that the song helped convince him to go on his shooting rampage that killed one and injured 19.
Pretty weak defense IMO.

I think everyone would agree with that. Glad he defended the song as well, another Megadeth fan here.

not a big fan... more of a metallica fan. but mustaine scored huge points in this article.

didn't know some members were former montrealers

Yeah you bring up Metallica. Everytime you hear Metallica and Montreal in the same sentence you think of when Hetfield almost got his face burned off and Axel Rose causing a riot.

and metallica came back as promessed. that's when I started paying attention to them. wasn't really into music back then. I guess thats where it all started

Axl Rose in any sentence conjures up images of riots.

I can't wait to see what stunts he pulls in Halifax on the upcoming Chinese Democrasy tour.. November 20th!

You mean he actually finished that album?! I'm shocked...it only took him what, 12 years or so? :puke:

No slash though, It won't be as good

not a big fan... more of a metallica fan. but mustaine scored huge points in this article.

didn't know some members were former montrealers

I feel exactly the same way.

A perpetrator can blame his actions on this or that, video games, action movies, music, whatever, but what he should do is look himself in the mirror. I supposed one might be influenced by stuff like that, but come on, if you go out and kill people there is obviously something wrong with you to begin with. You can't get away from yuor own responsability for your actions.

I'm glad Mustane took a stand. Well done and well said.

Sort of reminds of when Kurt Cobain shot h?mself and every so-called expert on psychology and teenage behaviour thought every teen in the free world were gonna commit suicide too. I demand to be given more credit than that. I'm a person, I can think for myself, thankyouverymuch.

:rolleyes:

big deal...

there is a place for personal responsibility on the shooter's part

There's still some responsibility on an artist's part due to the fact that the art that they produce DOES have impact on those around him... it's meant to. Don't think that an artist works on something thinking "this won't be accepted by others as a serious statement on my part."

don't kid yourselves.

yes, they want to make a living but still there is artistic integrity usually involved. Otherwise the artist will see himself as a faker and it'll likely show too.

don't kid yourselves.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

big deal...

There's still some responsibility on an artist's part due to the fact that the art that they produce DOES have impact on those around him... it's meant to. Don't think that an artist works on something thinking "this won't be accepted by others as a serious statement on my part."

don't kid yourselves.

yes, they want to make a living but still there is artistic integrity usually involved. Otherwise the artist will see himself as a faker and it'll likely show too.

don't kid yourselves.

So then should I sue coldplay, radiohead, U2 and Snow Patrol for making me feel bad that I'm alone in this world and I get depressed?

big deal...

don't kid yourselves.

don't kid yourselves.

so we should only listen to corporate crap like britney spears or all the rest of that crap just because it's innofensive, come on!!

I listen to alot of bands that sing about violence, cocaine and all that sh**, that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to go out and kill every body I see on the street.

what kind of music was the moron in colorado listening too?? what if he liked celine dion ?? what if he saw a subliminal message in her music said it was alright to kill young women?? should we blame her?? of course not. it's too easy to blame marginal bands or artists.

I do agree that artists have some responsability but should they be pointed at every time there's a mofo that kills people?? that would be narrow thinking.

Dude, Britney Spears is hardly inoffensive. :rolleyes:

perhaps dressing like a slut sets or like a little school girl in video clips a good example to kids. the idolize the beauty but they should go for at least a little brains( wich ms spears doesn't have). I'm not trying to be old fashioned or anything but if my daughter( well I don't have kids for, next year maybe :blink: ) wanted to wear g-strings and low waist jeans at nine years old, she'd probably get a good kick in the butt.

I scratch the guitar once in a while so I always try to analyse the music and lirycs of a song. I try to recon talent even in something that I don't like. In pop music in general, I don't find much. all I see is a great receipe that works great.

don't kid yourselves.

A song's just a song, a photograph's just a photograph. If it touches someone and has an impact then its good art piece. But that's where it begins and ends. Saying that one song is responsible for anything is like quoting a word out of context.

Art itself is made to stir up feelings and thoughts, nothing else. Its not art itself that drives people to do this or that; its everything else surrounding art and artists, its the context of the art: the values, the lifestyle, the other fans, etc. Its not art itself that messes people up; its the people who create a dogma around it; similar to people who create dogmas around political ideologies or spiritual ideals.

Art, religion, politics are not responsible for anything. Its always the people who surrender their free-will and critical thinking that are reponsible.

Exactly KoZed, like I said earlier. If its the artists fault then I'll sue Coldplay, U2, Snow Patrol, Keane and Radiohead for getting me depressed and sad and depression and causing all the problem in my life because of there sad songs that hit me hard. lol! yeah right. Its called artistic expression.

Like I don't think The Beatles would have thought Charles Manson would have gotten the idea to start telling is cult of people to kill people by the song Helter Skelter.

So should the Beatles be responsible for Sharon Tate's murder? No and never.

Exactly KoZed, like I said earlier. If its the artists fault then I'll sue Coldplay, U2, Snow Patrol, Keane and Radiohead for getting me depressed and sad and depression and causing all the problem in my life because of there sad songs that hit me hard. lol! yeah right.

I thought that living in ST LOuis was enough to get you depressed :lol: