Lol Look At My Prediction

Pierre the Great

thank you thank you thank you

And was this team suppose to even make the playoffs this year?

LOL

In Luongo we trust!

Simply the greatest goalie in the game.

woot!

Yep. Add to the fact of possibly winning the division. Now lets see if they can finally do some damage in the playoffs. :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've got Luongo.

We can go far.

All you need is a good goalie in the playoffs and you can go far (see last year with the oilers)

I'm still going with the prediction that the Canucks are going to win the whole thing.

Don't jinx us! :P

;)

3-1 over the stale wings. LOL!!!! :D

confused here... you were predicting the result of a game???

hmmm....... i was sort of looking for a bigger scenario (who'll make the playoffs out of the bottom 5 or who'll win the cup or something like that)

GO :hlogo: GO!

we've got Luongo.

We can go far.

All you need is a good goalie in the playoffs and you can go far (see last year with the oilers)

I'm still going with the prediction that the Canucks are going to win the whole thing.

You also need to be able to score. The Canucks are one of the lowest scoring teams in the West and I guarantee that that will be their downfall. A team like the Ducks will destroy them.

As to the Oilers comparison, I would say they're probably more like the Flames the year before the lock-out, but I don't think they'll go as far because in my opinion, they're not gritty enough.

You also need to be able to score. The Canucks are one of the lowest scoring teams in the West and I guarantee that that will be their downfall. A team like the Ducks will destroy them.

As to the Oilers comparison, I would say they're probably more like the Flames the year before the lock-out, but I don't think they'll go as far because in my opinion, they're not gritty enough.

as homerish as this sounds, i hope all canadian teams go really far and even have both finalists from north of the border...

traitor!

:lol:

oh wait, that would make me... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

*checks the room for bugs*

i understand RAID is good for that stuff or, if you wish, a REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD stereo system is effective too

Check again my pathetic friend. :P Since Christmas, we've been fine in the goal scoring department. Our GF is low due to our struggles from October to late December. We now average more than 3 goals a game since Christmas. We have everyone chipping in and the defence included. We'll see how it goes though. ;)

Gritty? Are you kidding me? This team isn't big, tough and mean like the Ducks are and they are a team I don't want to play, but saying we're not gritty is downright stupid. :lol: You obviously hate us and are trying to put the Nucks down any chance you get but you really should watch some games before you make a fool out of yourself some more. :rolleyes:

I'd go with Flames after the lockout. The Flames had decent enough scoring the year they made it, last year it was Iggy or bust.

The Canucks can upset one or two teams but they're not a contender. There a far better teams, deeper teams, in the West. My moneys on the Sharks, I didn't realize how much of an impact Guerin would have. He's been big for them.

Check again my pathetic friend. :P Since Christmas, we've been fine in the goal scoring department. Our GF is low due to our struggles from October to late December. We now average more than 3 goals a game since Christmas. We have everyone chipping in and the defence included. We'll see how it goes though. ;)

Gritty? Are you kidding me? This team isn't big, tough and mean like the Ducks are and they are a team I don't want to play, but saying we're not gritty is downright stupid. :lol: You obviously hate us and are trying to put the Nucks down any chance you get but you really should watch some games before you make a fool out of yourself some more. :rolleyes:

Just because I like being the bottom doesn't make me pathetic... :P

As for the low GF, that could be true. I simply looked at the standings and extrapolated from them. I'd rather not waste any more time than necessary on those bums. :P

I have no idea, I haven't watched them at all this season, so I could be completely wrong. I made the Calgary reference because to me it seemed to be relevant. Also, I know you guys lost Ruutu, Bertuzzi, Allen and Jovo in the off-season, but I wasn't sure if anyone's replaced them.

I will agree however that I am acting out of ignorance. Nonetheless, I think they'll make some noise, but I can't see them pulling a Calgary or Edmonton.

I'd go with Flames after the lockout. The Flames had decent enough scoring the year they made it, last year it was Iggy or bust.

The Canucks can upset one or two teams but they're not a contender. There a far better teams, deeper teams, in the West. My moneys on the Sharks, I didn't realize how much of an impact Guerin would have. He's been big for them.

Well, I was talking about Cinderella teams. :P

And yes, I agree with you completely, although I really, really hope that Big Joe chokes again. :P

But the question is, in how many ways? ^_^

Just because I like being the bottom doesn't make me pathetic... :P

As for the low GF, that could be true. I simply looked at the standings and extrapolated from them. I'd rather not waste any more time than necessary on those bums. :P

I have no idea, I haven't watched them at all this season, so I could be completely wrong. I made the Calgary reference because to me it seemed to be relevant. Also, I know you guys lost Ruutu, Bertuzzi, Allen and Jovo in the off-season, but I wasn't sure if anyone's replaced them.

I will agree however that I am acting out of ignorance. Nonetheless, I think they'll make some noise, but I can't see them pulling a Calgary or Edmonton.

Well, I was talking about Cinderella teams. :P

And yes, I agree with you completely, although I really, really hope that Big Joe chokes again. :P

But the question is, in how many ways? ^_^

To be 100% honest with you, I CAN see this team going deep but I have a pretty strong feeling that they won't. This is our "rebuilding year" and the team has by far exceeded expectations. Once we have some of our younger players make the team etc, I will say that that'll be our best time to win a cup. Right now, going deep is like gravy to an already awesome season. Here's hoping. :)

On the Sharks, we've beaten them the last two times. We play them again on Saturday at 1pm and with the way things are looking, San Jose will likely be our round 1 opponent. It's going to be like a preview. :P

I should add that this team won't be a cinderella team however. Calgary was seeded 6th in 04 and Edmonton 8th in 06. We're seeded 3rd most likely. The Canucks success since Christmas is NOT a hot streak but reflects the level at which our team can play. Most people will look at our team and say, man they're on a roll. Sure we are, but the thing is we have a team with a very strong foundation. A solid system which the whole team is buying into. Forwards who are all able to chip in. A solid defense core that IS underrated for the most part and of course Roberto Luongo. From the level I've watched them play, I really think they can take on anyone. I'll be honest that the Ducks do scare me however. :P

To be 100% honest with you, I CAN see this team going deep but I have a pretty strong feeling that they won't. This is our "rebuilding year" and the team has by far exceeded expectations. Once we have some of our younger players make the team etc, I will say that that'll be our best time to win a cup. Right now, going deep is like gravy to an already awesome season. Here's hoping. :)

On the Sharks, we've beaten them the last two times. We play them again on Saturday at 1pm and with the way things are looking, San Jose will likely be our round 1 opponent. It's going to be like a preview. :P

I should add that this team won't be a cinderella team however. Calgary was seeded 6th in 04 and Edmonton 8th in 06. We're seeded 3rd most likely. The Canucks success since Christmas is NOT a hot streak but reflects the level at which our team can play. Most people will look at our team and say, man they're on a roll. Sure we are, but the thing is we have a team with a very strong foundation. A solid system which the whole team is buying into. Forwards who are all able to chip in. A solid defense core that IS underrated for the most part and of course Roberto Luongo. From the level I've watched them play, I really think they can take on anyone. I'll be honest that the Ducks do scare me however. :P

The Ducks scare everyone! Teemu FTW! ^_^

I should add that this team won't be a cinderella team however. Calgary was seeded 6th in 04 and Edmonton 8th in 06. We're seeded 3rd most likely.

That doesn't mean anything, the Canucks are a couple wins and a loss from technically being 6th in the West as well. They just happen to be leading a division thats been beating up on each other all year long.

That doesn't mean anything, the Canucks are a couple wins and a loss from technically being 6th in the West as well. They just happen to be leading a division thats been beating up on each other all year long.

Considering their record since Christmas and how well they've played, they've proved they can play with the league's elite. However I don't care what anyone thinks of us. Go on and call us whatever. :P

For the record, where was Anson Carter this season? ^_^

one of my students (or at least one of my former students in my school) said that he predicts a devils/canucks final...

that would be wild... brodeur vs luongo...

the official best of the best against each other...

one of my students (or at least one of my former students in my school) said that he predicts a devils/canucks final...

that would be wild... brodeur vs luongo...

the official best of the best against each other...

If that happened, I'd be ecstatic. I can only hope..... :)

If that happened, I'd be ecstatic. I can only hope..... :)

and, if it happens, i can only hope that luongo outduels that devil brodeur...

I'd be a Devils fan all the way. :P

You can't be a Devils fan. The law says so. :D