Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Toronto | 10/07/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a 5th line we could throw out there?

Grabovski, Chipchura, Kotsy ??? :D

The habs are getting out hit like crazy ! they need to all start laying the body :angry2: Get pissed off guys !!! but no penalties <_<

It's going to be OK, I got a call into FISCHER'S agent............and I got Bob on the other line... :king:

And I'm waiting to hear back from the Big Bird :)

Edited by kenadian

damn post....great rush by Zhogs. He needs to do that all the time.

Finally some pressure at the end of the period. I think they need to split up Sammy and Kovy....Ryder hasn't been going to good, now may be the time to try it to mix it up a bit.

Carbo should be reading the riot act because this team was looking tired sluggish and stupid

Zhog needs to take shots like these more often! Laser beam!

Otherwise, the guys are flat... Maybe a little tired from last night's long game, but I expected more.

Higgins is the best Habs on the ice tonight. Kid is everywhere.

the habs seriously need to come out and lay the body and take control of this game ... we'll find out what kind of coach carbo will be ... he needs to light a fire under they're arses and get them to leave everything on the ice by the end of the game.

This is a depressing performance. Aeby is playing very well, though; at least it looks as though our fears about goaltending were ill-founded.

The defence looks terrible. I don't mean individuals, although MARKOV is the biggest problem - we need him to be an elite D-man and right now he's looking like a 5th defenceman. But the team D seems awful; forwards are behind the play, the d-men can't clear the zone, etc.. Exactly the opposite of what I'd expect from a Carbo-Jarvis-Muller coaching staff. They looked the same way last night, so this is definitely something to worry about.

I'm a bit worried about Samsonov, too. He's doing nothing out there. But he may need time to adjust. Pleks, meanwhile, seems to be trying hard and getting chances - at least he's involved.

Don't expect things to get better in the third. Two games in two nights, they'll be tired.

We'd BETTER get an A-1 effort in Philly, or the team is in for a firestorm when they get home. :puke:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Second intermission, i'll take the time to write my comments thus far:

1. Higgins -- Great play tonight. He had a few outstanding hits and has been fast + moving the puck well.

2. Samsonov -- Although he hasn't fired off any shots, he seems to be moving things well too and creating some chances.

3. Souray -- Great bullet in the first. A couple of sloppy passes turned into Toronto chances, but the goal makes up for it.

4. Kovalev -- A few nice moves (as usual) and he seems to be putting in more effort, but it's not "clicking". Maybe it will in the third, sure hope so. When it "clicks" with the russian rifle, you better watch out...

5. Defense -- Seems kind of sloppy tonight, i don't know if they're just tired or what. Perhaps a good caffeine jolt in the 2nd intermission? Wake up guys!

6. Aebischer -- A bit of flipping and flopping reminiscent of Theodore tonight, but overall a decent performance. He needs to be solid in the third if we're to have a chance.

Although we're down 2-1, i'm pleased with Higgins' play and all the hits on Tucker. Tucker got annihilated a few times tonight, and i'm loving it. LOL @ the smash into the net. Priceless. I hate Tucker with a passion.

Go habs go!

Here's to a great third period!

Edited by Cataclaw

Why is Rivet back with Souray?

Anyways, Higgins - best player on the ice tonight.

Kovalev - playing better than last night, thats for sure.

Did anyone see Tucker's huge dive? Higgins and Tucker bumped into each other, and Tucker basically jumps into the goal post, knocking it off. He then gets up and starts screaming at the refs, and chasing Higgins and giving him ear fulls.

I can't stand this idiot.

ahhhhhh~ just bring tender up with higgins~ they will do some nice stuff i'm sure!!!

i want us to WIN!!!! :(