Game Thread | Ottawa Vs. Montreal | 10/14/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the give-aways already! :angry:

Is it just me or is it just Koivu's line that's showing signs of life here? We have a saying in Sweden; "släpp sargen, kom in i matchen" (let go of the boards, get in the game). Well, it's time to do that now. Concentrate, guys, concentrate! How'bout a little hustle?

Only positive things in the 2nd is our specialteams.. Our PK has been great and that one PP was the only chances we had in the 2nd... We need alot better play in the 3rd to take this home... I say its a fair 2-1 lead for the sens now.

ana1.png

anaB.png

1. Komisarek | A | Another outstanding effort. Checking, getting the puck, making good passes, and coming up with another drive/shot on goal. Excellent.

2. Kovalev Line | C+ | Fairly invisible that period, then again Habs were on the PK a lot so we didn't see much.

3. Latendresse | N/A | I don't remember seeing him a single time that period. Maybe i was looking away at the wrong time, but did he even play at all? If he did, i sure as heck didn't see it.

4. Markov | C | Sloppy sloppy sloppy. Oh Andrei!

5. Rivet | B+ | Solid period and a nice SOG by the veteran d-man.

6. Niiniima | B- | Despite silly penalties, he played a decent period.

7. Huet | B | Huet came up with some nice saves this period.

PK Unit | A | Solid as ever. With Ottawa clearly increasing the pressure in the second, the boys held their ground. Nothing but praise in this department.

Team overall | C+ | Unimpressed with the period overall. Was rather boring to watch, not much action, few scoring chances. One last period to go. Better come back strong, Habs!

Edited by Cataclaw

leafs 4 - flames 3

hey habsworld.net members!

izzit ME? or the game is kinda BORING to watch???

i just want emery to choke in the 3rd period and that we can put a few one in the net to win~

and we're off part 3 tonight

hey habsworld.net members!

izzit ME? or the game is kinda BORING to watch???

i just want emery to choke in the 3rd period and that we can put a few one in the net to win~

emery has almost always played really well against the canadiens...

Flames scored. Maurice was being silly protecting a 1 goal lead by playing lines 1 and 2 too much. They got tired and burned after line 3 hit the ice.

Protecting a three-goal lead didn't work against the Devils. :rolleyes:

ana1.png

anaB.png

1. Komisarek | A | Another outstanding effort. Checking, getting the puck, making good passes, and coming up with another drive/shot on goal. Excellent.

2. Kovalev Line | C+ | Fairly invisible that period, then again Habs were on the PK a lot so we didn't see much.

3. Latendresse | N/A | I don't remember seeing him a single time that period. Maybe i was looking away at the wrong time, but did he even play at all? If he did, i sure as heck didn't see it.

4. Markov | C | Sloppy sloppy sloppy. Oh Andrei!

5. Rivet | B+ | Solid period and a nice SOG by the veteran d-man.

6. Niiniima | B- | Despite silly penalties, he played a decent period.

7. Huet | B | Huet came up with some nice saves this period.

PK Unit | A | Solid as ever. With Ottawa clearly increasing the pressure in the second, the boys held their ground. Nothing but praise in this department.

Team overall | C+ | Unimpressed with the period overall. Was rather boring to watch, not much action, few scoring chances. One last period to go. Better come back strong, Habs!

patience, man, patience... he's still got to learn the 'big' game and it's only his 4th game in the nhl

at the rate that this game is going, it's gonna take something outstanding before the canadiens score... the regular hustle & efforts which did well in the 1st three games don't seem to be sufficient today.

it's like as if the senators always have a skate, a stick or a body at the right place at the right time...

one of those games????

or a ref...

yup

another canadiens penalty... delay of game... puck shot over the board in the defensive zone... :(:(