Game Thread | Ottawa Vs. Montreal | 10/14/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that i'm a fan of pugilism but looking at what happened here, it certainly looks to me that downey got the better of this scuffle.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I actually am able to see the game in sweden so thats great.. first period thoughts. I think we played the better period by far... their goals are junk goals.. their 1-0 goal shouldve been saved by Huet I think. That 2nd goal shouldve been stopped by Souray.

+ = Komisarek, Plekanec, Higgins

- = Huet, Souray

(remember... Ive drank about 10 beers)

Hopefully Downey isn't called for the late hit.

Anyone notice how Carbonneau had Souray, Komisarek, begin, Downey and Lats out their...how much do you want a bet that Carbs wanted them to start something.

PS, when can we start the Samsonov sucks threads?

Edited by Mr. Nasty

What are they gonna get, five for fighting, 2 for holding, or 2 + 10 for dancing? There ain't nothing like staying up all night, watching a hockey game at 2:00 AM, and then all you see is two people doing the Charleston. ;)

Nice to see Dandenailt stand up for Saku.

tigers swept the A's

6 - 3 in game 4

i'd like to have seen the A's win the World series but ain't gonna happen...

at the very least and, most important to me really, is that the $200 million yankees are gone.

I actually am able to see the game in sweden so thats great..

'Tis indeed! Hooray for three more years on NHL hockey on Canal +.

Anders Fredriksson sucks though. "Now there's a delayed penelty. No, it's a delayed offside. Yes, of course, that's what it is."

Wonder if Canadian/American commentators are this bad.

Well well... 1st period started slow but the momentum picked up toward the second half and it ended on a good note. Fisher started it all by punching Koivu and Habs answered. Good thinking from Carbo to send the 4th line out there at the end of the period.

1st period thoughts:

Hamel goal: Huet didnt held the post well there. Pucks shouldnt slide in there.

Higgins goal: what a beauty. Great work by Koivu and a perfect shot by Higgins. He didnt have much of an angle there but the got it in.

Kelly goal: Souray completely forgot his guy (Kelly) and that made for a goal Huet could do nothing to stop.

- Higgins keeps being amazing. What a nice player.

- Poor Plekanec. He seems so alone out there, rushing the puck with no wingers in sight. Sammy and Kovy will need to find their legs soon.

- Bonk line is doing an awesome if unspectacular job. Very balanced line.

- Ryder looks to be finding his legs and carrying the puck a little more. Nice to see.

- Komisarek is getting more confident by the period. He's taking more chances offensively and its helping alot.

- Markov will stop playing so soft soon. Soft passes, soft defensive work... Not helping.

- Rivet and Souray... UGH! Its like their competing for worse d-man title. Rivet's always behind the play and Souray is not in the right play. Carbo had no choice but to break them up by the end of the period. Maybe once Markov realize he's stuck with Rivet again he'll stop playing soft!

tigers swept the A's

6 - 3 in game 4

i'd like to have seen the A's win the World series but ain't gonna happen...

at the very least and, most important to me really, is that the $200 million yankees are gone.

Wrong thread!!! :P

Edited by KoZed

ana1.png

anaA.png

1- Komisarek | A+ | For his first period play. Wow was he fun to watch. Coming up from the point to get the puck and keep it in the zone. Checking sens back and forth to get the puck, putting in tons of effort, coming up with a solid drive in the last half. Damn. He's turning int one of my favorite Habs.

2. Kovalev-Samsonov-Plekanec | B | Nifty moves, tons of speed, especially by Samsonov, but nothing yet in terms of production. It'll happen in the second period, mark my words.

3. Dandeault | A | I give Dandenault an A for coming in and protecting Koivu during that little incident in the last few minutes. "Dandeneault to senators: You don't mess with our captain."

4. Niinimaa | B+ | Looking better and better..

5. Higgins | A+ | Outstanding SH goal. This guy is on fire. Watch out sens!

6. Huet | B- | Although none of the goals could be falted entirely to Huet, he seemed a bit sluggish on the second one.

7. Souray | C | I'm a big fan of Souray, but his performance was blah that period. He didn't cover his man, led to the second sens goal.

8. Latendresse | C- | I'm rooting for Lats like you wouldn't imagine, but is it just me or did he seem totally confused out there this period?

9. Koivu | B+ | Good first period by our captain

10. Bégin | B | When there's forechecking to do, you can be sure Bégin is there. I love this guy. Also, has anyone noticed 75% of the time, if there's a breakaway, a rush, or a shorthanded goal attempt, Bégin is always involved somehow?

11. Markov | C- | Unimpressive.. what's with this guy this season? He was my fav. D-Man last year. This year.. struggling...

Overall | B- | Although we're down by a goal, i thought Habs played an OK period. Hope they come back strong in the second!

Edited by Cataclaw

3. Dandeault | A | I give Dandenault an A for coming in and protecting Koivu during that little incident in the last few minutes. "Dandeneault to senators: You don't mess with our captain."

Its shows that Dandy went to the Bowman School.

Between the four of them, Carbonneau, Jarvis, Muller and Gainey have played a total of 5436 games (playoffs included). :blink:

the loss of mezaros will surely hurt the senators

yvon pedneault is speaking from his heavenly throne again.

god... he's irritating...

Who's on the PP here? :)

ottawa was... but it's over... good for them...