Possible New Line Up Predictions

umpalumpa55

If I am not mistaken, calling Kostitsyn up would be a disaster, as I believe he would have to clear waivers, and wont. I may be wrong, but I would hate to have him go like Hainsey.

Kostitsyn would not have to clear waivers, he is exempt. Not only that, but the call up waivers rule has been killed.

If I am not mistaken, calling Kostitsyn up would be a disaster, as I believe he would have to clear waivers, and wont. I may be wrong, but I would hate to have him go like Hainsey.

yeah the hainsey lost was trajic...where is he now pheonix or nashville?

Take away the first game, PP opportunites and short handed situations, How good has this line really been. We're one game over 500. Ryder and Higgins have come a long way, and I believe it's thier hard work, and confidence they gained with playing Saks, that's made them stars. These guys can play with anyone, they're that good.

Correction habs are 2 games above .500 and still on pace for a 109 point season I hope they play at this pace all season! :clap:

One of Ryder's assets is how he creates opportunities off the forecheck. And Plekanec is a great hardworker who'll help him out. Ryder has been playing physical so far, Plekanec always does (digs in the corners, etc) and Samsonov may only be 5'8 but he's muscular and isn't afraid to hit - I've seen him land some solid body checks already. Height doesn't matter much - the line is pretty fast, pretty physical, pretty decent defensively, pretty talented - pretty wellrounded.

Yes agree that Ryder has some hitting potential, but the hits arent productive they are more of pushes in the corner. Plekanec has 3 hits in 6 games, and the way montreal has set up the set plays Plekanec doesnt dig much in the corners in the offensive zone, if you have noticed the center is positioned really high this year. And You are a LIAR, LIAR You said samsonov hits he hasnt had one hit this year. LINK

Yes agree that Ryder has some hitting potential, but the hits arent productive they are more of pushes in the corner. Plekanec has 3 hits in 6 games, and the way montreal has set up the set plays Plekanec doesnt dig much in the corners in the offensive zone, if you have noticed the center is positioned really high this year. And You are a LIAR, LIAR You said samsonov hits he hasnt had one hit this year. LINK

lol I think it must be nhl.com that's lying. I'd swear on my life I've seen him throw a couple of checks this season - because there's one in particular that I remember! But yeah, for his height, he's very heavy - which is all muscle. He isn't as fragile as his reputation says he is. And whateve, he's not exactly a hitting machine, but I'm just saying that he's not a softie.

The line may not work, but it isn't working now either - hence the change. I think the 1st would remain just as productive, if not improve..

Just came home from work and I am reviewing the thread.

Pretty much everyone has a great point. All line ideas make great sense and have potential to be powerful lines. I love the fact that the habs finally have a good team.

I almost can't wait for injuries and slumps to see what else we have hiding in the basement. Once the boys get their groove. Carbo gets the chemistry right......we are going to roll some crazy ass lines that will score a lot of goals.

Can't wait to chase Theo out of the net on Saturday. I wonder if he's going to juice up before the game.

Well you know damn well the 1st line won't be touched and its too early to start breaking up Samsonov, Plekanec and Kovalev....for any length of time anyways. Bonk, Johnson and Perezhogin have played well so that only leaves the 4th line.

So I don't really see any new lines forthcoming with the exception to Downey's position being filled