Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 10/26/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hate them on TV (especially with the crappy RDS feed). I wouldn't mind wearing one. :)

Yah, i just got one about a month ago :D

Kovalev-Samsonov-Latendresse on the same line now...

Yup, that was the PP unit that was on the ice. Man, the Habs really seem to be playing down to the level of Boston. They don't look as fast as they have against some other teams.

Yup, that was the PP unit that was on the ice. Man, the Habs really seem to be playing down to the level of Boston. They don't look as fast as they have against some other teams.

Yup... no C on that line... wonder if it'll carry over a regular line?

Samsonov has definitely been playing his best game of the season tonight, a couple of plays he could've done better but definitely his best so far.

Pepe on the fourth line? I don't like it, he deserves PP time more than Lats does, but I digress.

Not a very good period overall, started good but looked real sluggish after the 10 minute mark.

On that last PP what was Lats doing standing behind the net waiting for a pass as if he was Greztky. He should have been in front of the net. kovalev had the puck along boards to the left of the net, mid circle looking to make a play. Lats play was to cut out between Kov and net to allow a shot. Learning curve, but he will get it. Right place wrong play.

Yup... no C on that line... wonder if it'll carry over a regular line?

The play didn't get much to the left side on that PP, but Latendresse didn't really wander in front of the net too much, more down low on the goal line while Kovalev seemed to control. I know Souray has a great shot, but the Habs have to try and get it around to more than just him on the man advantage.

For those that are wondering about Perezhogin playing with Begin and Murray, Carbo looks like he's trying to roll three solid offensive lines. Bonk has looked good tonight. I think a Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson line good be quite the 2 way line, with Samsonov providing great speed on the counter.

Kovalev-Samsonov-Latendresse on the same line now...

Can't belive they were on the ice for the full PP. Latendresse has to put more intensity/energy out there. And he thinks Kovalev will make him a pass, he's mistaking lol. Go in front of the net damnit!

On that last PP what was Lats doing standing behind the net waiting for a pass as if he was Greztky. He should have been in front of the net. kovalev had the puck along boards to the left of the net, mid circle looking to make a play. Lats play was to cut out between Kov and net to allow a shot. Learning curve, but he will get it. Right place wrong play.

I had the same impression. And he has yet to prove himself. How many goals did he scored already??

For those that are wondering about Perezhogin playing with Begin and Murray, Carbo looks like he's trying to roll three solid offensive lines. Bonk has looked good tonight. I think a Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson line good be quite the 2 way line, with Samsonov providing great speed on the counter.

Yup... I mentionned in another thread how Sammy got his best years playing with a big center who could create space (Thornton) and he might click well with Bonk... and Johnson's not spectacular, but he's damn effective. I like that line...

Now if only the 2nd line can get going... pleeeeeaaaase CLICK already!

Can't belive they were on the ice for the full PP. Latendresse has to put more intensity/energy out there. And he thinks Kovalev will make him a pass, he's mistaking lol. Go in front of the net damnit

Hehe... dont worry, I'm guessing Kovy will give him a dirty look that'll mean everything...

BUT....

If you're going on the PP, AND you know that the plan is to set up Souray for a big shot, it MIGHT NOT be such a good idea to stand in the front of the net...

I'm watching the game on NESN. Man, these guys are homer announcers. Worse that listening on CJAD.

Habs should be dominating this game. Bruins are awful!

Next thing Gainey should be acquiring is... a defenseman coach who can teach Rivet how to make outlet passes and clear his zone... Everytime the puck gets to him, its an odissey...

Agreed. Passing from the D has been bad.

I did say in another thread.. if lats wants on the PP, he has to stand in front and screen for souray.. break in the rookie... :)

That's worse than hazing... I dont remember who, but a guy earlier this season got his shin-pad shattered by a Souray shot.

PP habs... come on time to do some damage