Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 10/26/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dudes on CKAC just pointed out that Carbo yaps at the refs too much and needs to button his lip a little bit more... they just compared him to Therrien in that respect, yikes.

Edited by option+

THANK YOU MARKOV!

Some things i took notice of is that Lats is certainly not 2nd line calibur quite yet. Not that he played bad, but im sure you guys will agree with me on this one.

And yes, the Leafs are losing 7-2. I'm watching that game now and enjoying every second of it. I just hope that when we play them Saturday night they aren't "due for a win" yet because they just got their asses kicked 2 games in a row.

Seriously tough if the guys play the next game against the Sabres the same way as they did this one, they'll get owned 10-0. Luckilly that horrible performance was against one of the worst team in the east so they could get away with it.

Lol i love it Go Habs Go, I told everyone that Bruins will suck no matter what or who they changed. Once your team goes downhill getting Ufa's don't make your team better in year...espesially if they all from diff teams lol.

Atlanta best exampl same core for a long time and look at them now!

Lol i love it Go Habs Go, I told everyone that Bruins will suck no matter what or who they changed. Once your team goes downhill getting Ufa's don't make your team better in year...espesially if they all from diff teams lol.

Atlanta best exampl same core for a long time and look at them now!

Savard was horrible tonight. He's been bad all season. I guess he's OK with loafing now that he's signed his fat contract...

Savard was horrible tonight. He's been bad all season. I guess he's OK with loafing now that he's signed his fat contract...

Yep....And I'm going to just step up and admit it, I really wanted Montreal to sign him :blink:

According to my TV, Canadiens express will be on tonight, but at 12:00 after the baseball game and sports 30

Thank you for the Info

The Sabres just keep rolling along, 10 straight. That ties the leafs record doesn't it?

I can name quite a few Habs players that were worse. Regardless, the Habs win a game they should have won easily. They played poorly, and slide out of Boston with a pair of points.

Not all were great, but Savard led each team with 10 SOG. Wow.

I can name quite a few Habs players that were worse. Regardless, the Habs win a game they should have won easily. They played poorly, and slide out of Boston with a pair of points.

Not all were great, but Savard led each team with 10 SOG. Wow.

He also gave the puck away in the offensive zone a whole bunch of times, and was yanked at least twice off the PP by Dave Lewis.

But yes, many Habs were worse. Like the entire D corps.

1.2 seconds... talk about.... WOW.

Me and my old man jumped out of the coach, hi fived, screamed, went totally batshit insane for a good 5 minutes.

I FEEL GOOD, NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAA

But in all seriousness, a disaster of a game in terms of discipline and giveaways, poor puck handling and lack of coordination. 1st line was sharp though, as usual. Niiiiniiiiimaaaa what the heck? F- tonight.

Anyway, a win's a win, even if it was damned ugly.

I think everyone here can agree that Huet redeemed himself from last game against the Sabres? I certainly do.

Yup, Huet Higgins and Bonk are the only ones that had good games tonight IMO.

The whole defensive brigade should be ashamed of themselves

This brings up the question of who do you start at home on Saturday against the Leafs?

Aebischer prob will start

This brings up the question of who do you start at home on Saturday against the Leafs?

Huet no doubt, he deserve the start for saving our butt.

ana1.png

anaD.png

1.Huet | A | Great work by Huet tonight. Glad to see him playing like he did at the end of the 2005-06 season. This win + 1st star will surely be a good boost to his confidence. Excellent!

2.Niinimaa | D- | Terrible, awful, disgusting. What was that blatantly stupid holding in the third? What was with the giveaways? Wow, just awful. He was starting to look solid over the course of the season, until today, when he just came up totally flat. Maybe the whole "guarantee" thing affected him, but he better snap out of it and quick.

3.Higgins | A- | Is there a harder working habs on the Canadiens? Perhaps, and his name is...

4.Koivu | A- | Koivu has incredible vision and some great reflexes. Did you see his quick pass to Higgins for the second goal? Just one example of many. Higgins is an oustanding player, no doubt about it, but Koivu is one of the main reasons Higgins is producing so well.

5.Ryder | B+ | Solid play, great first goal, the chemistry on the first line is just great. What else is there to say?

6.Kovalev | D+ | Ahh, the bad stuff. Kovalev my good man, you need to watch the temper. Control, keeping a cool head, you need to work on that. I think frustration is accumulating so much in Alex that eventually he's going to snap, go insane and score 5 goals in one night. I can see it coming. Until that happens though, yikes. :(

7.Rivet | C | I don't want to fault him too much for the 4 minute penalty. In my view, the refs made a bad call giving him 4 minutes, but the rest of his play wasn't too hot tonight. C is for Craig, sorry old buddy.

8.Latendresse | C | One or two decent plays, but for the rest of his 12 minute shift, he was nearly invisible. It's still early, he needs time to adjust to the second line and all the rapid changes going on in his NHL world.

9.Markov | B+ | He woke up! Great play defensively, great goal at 19:59 in the third. I love it when he spins 180, he seems to do it quite often. It's becoming a signature move.

10.Souray | B | Another solid night for Sheldon. Naysayers have been bashing his defensive play, but he's been proving this season that he's a capable d-man in the defensive zone, not just a great blue line quarterback on the power play.

PK Unit | A | Outstanding, mostly because of Huet

Refs | F | What.. the.. heck.. :puke: i will refrain from commenting on the Rivet 4 minute call. :puke:

OVERALL | C+ | The Habs played poorly, but Boston played worse, and the game was ours. A win's a win.

Go habs go!

Edited by Cataclaw

Sometimes you have to find a way to win the games where a ref has it in for you. Sometimes you have to find a way to win games when the team just doesn't have any jump. And sometimes (like tonight), you have to overcome both. Two much-needed points...forget this game and move on.