Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Habs | 10/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RDS TV announcers say that Montreal is among the top five penalized teams in the league (must mean fifth worst).

That can't be a factor of bad penalty calls.

As a coach, I don't know how I would work at taking care of that because it seems to be a function of almost all players in the team.

Go :hlogo: Go!

It was a valid call based on the replay. they have been calling that for 2 seasons now, the habs need to be smarter then to get the stick up.

Agreed... I truly don't understand why these penalties are still taking place except that, maybe, the refs are being extra strict on hook/clutch/grab penalties so as to keep it from creeping back into the play. If that's the case, then GO FOR IT, REFS... GO FOR IT!

Agreed... I truly don't understand why these penalties are still taking place except that, maybe, the refs are being extra strict on hook/clutch/grab penalties so as to keep it from creeping back into the play. If that's the case, then GO FOR IT, REFS... GO FOR IT!

what about that last one?

I think the Canadiens have, as a team goal, to become the most penalized team in the league.

On the topic of penalties: Garth Murray's penalty tonight means every player on the Habs roster has been penalized at least once.

That was his first penalty?... wow...

The RDS TV announcers say that Montreal is among the top five penalized teams in the league (must mean fifth worst).

That can't be a factor of bad penalty calls.

As a coach, I don't know how I would work at taking care of that because it seems to be a function of almost all players in the team.

They're 11th in league in times short-handed going into tonight, which is where it really counts.

I wonder who's the most penalized player on the team... I would venture a guess and say Koivu. Not dissing the man but he does play with heart & emotion and does get knee-jerk reaction penalties.

Kovalev is tops in PIM with 30.

Thanks. :)

The leafs want it more, simple as that. The habs have been just brutal in their own end tonight.

If the don't wake up and start out skating the leafs and forechecking, it is going to be a very long night.