Aebischer in the clutch!

Aebischer4life

Hey guys I am new to the forum!!

I'm a stat freak and will regularly post interesting stats every week! Abischer's 47 save performance tonight has cought my attention.

While Aebischer has been good this season I woulda never thought he was this good in the clutch.

David Aebischer:

1st period: 8 on 51 shots

2nd period: 3 on 56 shots

3rd period: 3 on 57 shots

Overtime: 0 on 14 shots

Aebischer had two very bad first periods (in T.O tonight and Colorado last week) but other then that boy has he been amazing. A total of 6 goals on 127 shots in 2nd/3rd/overtime play!

That's a 0.953 save %!!!

A perfect example was Aebi only allowing 1 goal in the final 3 periods on a total of 38 shots tonight!

Unbelivable! Keep it up Aebi!!! GO HABS GO

Thoughts?

Edited by Aebischer4life

I agree Aebischer is playing well, that said Huet played great in Boston and won the game he should start Tuesday.

I know Carbonneau wants to keep his goalies fresh but I sooner or latter he is going to have to start letting the hot hand play.

I agree Aebischer is playing well, that said Huet played great in Boston and won the game he should start Tuesday.

I know Carbonneau wants to keep his goalies fresh but I sooner or latter he is going to have to start letting the hot hand play.

Aebisher had a 47 save performance tonight and was tremendous in the shootout. Huet was great too in his last game with 34 saves on 36 shots.

I say go with Aebischer because Huet already got a chance to play two in a row and its now Abi's turn and because Abi was brilliant last year vs Ottawa and Huet stinked it up 2 weeks ago vs the sens.

I still believe that Montreal robbed Colorado in the goalie trade. Aebischer may not be a 'name' player like Théodore but he has performed much better to date and it looks like it'll be that way for good too.

Go :hlogo: Go!

I still believe that Montreal robbed Colorado in the goalie trade. Aebischer may not be a 'name' player like Théodore but he has performed much better to date and it looks like it'll be that way for good too.

Yep. The thing is that Aebischer is more talented than many of the 'name' players. I also think he should get the start vs Ottawa.

I could care less which goalie starts in the next game. I'm 100% confident in both Huet and Aebischer.

I agree with you.

It's too early in the season to assign an outright 1st string goaltender among the two.

By the way, so what if they end up being both 1A. It'd be a good 'problem' for the team. When one is off, the other one can be considered a safe replacement.

The problem here is when the playoffs come around you have to pick one. And not playing for week cant be good especially for Huet. I personally didnt want to resign him. I wish we would have went after luongo or biron the latter not really having a chance in getting him. But imagine Luongo letting huet go and trading abby for a really decent player and denis could have been up here.

I see no reason why we must pick a goalie for the playoffs. Look at Carolina last year: their "#2" goalie going into the playoffs ended up winning the Conn Smythe. Or even Carolina from 2002, when they made the finals. Irbe began the playoffs as their #1, then Weekes took over during the series with us, but by the finals it was Irbe again. Or how about Minnesota in 2003 when they made the Western finals? Roloson and Fernandez were effectively platooned, with Roloson playing 11 games and Fernandez seeing action in 9.

By the time the playoffs roll around, I'm assuming one of Huet or Aebischer will have separated himself from the other, but if that doesn't happen... well, I'm still not overly concerned (for the the reasons mentioned above).

Carolina was a freak accident last year lets be honest here. My point is if you play in the playoffs without a true #1 there could be trouble. Let's say Abby plays first loses then we put in Huet he loses guess what your 2 games down. And then what hope that Abby gets hot. This I believe poses a real problem. A goalie should be riden just like Roy was. That's how you win 10 OT games goalies have to be focused

just my 2 cents

Going into the season I was really pulling for Huet and to be honest not a huge fan of Aebischer. However he has unquestionably proven himself, but how do you pick your #1 betwen these two guys ? I caught the 3rd period of the Sens game on Hallowe'en night and one word comes to mind when describing Aebischer's performance......wow ! I think we should consider ourselves lucky that we have two highly talented goalies !

Go Habs Go !