Getting sick of goalie situation

johnnyhasbeen

Being the said #1 does alot for a goalies confidence. You shouldn't have the threat of an off night equalling a benching.

True. But you can also argue that having another capable starter on the team will push him to play well and earn/keep the job.

We should trade Abeisher to a team like Phili who is in desperate need of some goaltending help. We could thrown in a Niimina too for a nice center. Or maybe just Abei for their first round draft pick in 2007 (I can dream).

FYI: I am not a general manager, so I am not proposing any real deals here. Just get something good for Abei, and let Denis have a shot at back-up. a center is definitely needed in this exchange ... unless we can get a top 4 defenceman with offensive skills.

I am hoping Huet makes it VERY clear soon that he is the #1 goalie. If there is debate on this site, it means that each goalie has his plus. We should wait. The very worse that is happening currently is that Abi is proving himself wonderful trade bait. huet does not seem to be suffering from the 2-2 scheduale

I think a defenseman with excellent shut-down skills is more of a priority right now.

I'm sure it could be debated, but with Komi, Markov and the cube coming back, we seem to be pretty good for defensive D (don't know where to put Rivet ... wouldn't call him offensive).

I'd like to see another D who could really help out on the second PP unit. Streit really isn't doing it. But hey, if we get a stellar shutdown D, who would I be to complain?

However, priority #1, IMHO, is a talented second line center. Kovalev just ain't cutting the mustard.

BTW, has anyone noticed how that poll on the front page has shifter over the last couple of weeks. At one point Abie and Huet were neck and neck, and platoon had the obvious lead. But now Huet is nearing 50%. If he does well in Miny, then for shizzel he will be considered #1.

BTW, has anyone noticed how that poll on the front page has shifter over the last couple of weeks. At one point Abie and Huet were neck and neck, and platoon had the obvious lead. But now Huet is nearing 50%. If he does well in Miny, then for shizzel he will be considered #1.

:blink:

I never knew that our humble poll was the basis for all of Carbo's decisions! :P