Duncan Milroy

Colin

It's amazing that the Dogs leading scorer has been roundly ignored by almost everyone on here. Sure, he's not one of our "amazing" picks of the last couple of seasons, but the fact is that he's slowly been brought along by the organization to the point now where he's producing solidly. In some respects, he reminds me of Ryder; a player who was marginalized early on, but who's continuing work has taken him up the ladder slowly but surely.

I don't get to see or hear all that much on the Dogs, so I'm wondering if someone more knowledgeable out there might be able to tell me a little more on a fellow I was always interested in since he was drafted. Is this the type of player who, like Ryder, has a chance at the NHL after a longer maturing stint in the minor leagues, or is he a career minor leaguer who's finally found his niche in Hamilton?

I don't get to see or hear all that much on the Dogs, so I'm wondering if someone more knowledgeable out there might be able to tell me a little more on a fellow I was always interested in since he was drafted. Is this the type of player who, like Ryder, has a chance at the NHL after a longer maturing stint in the minor leagues, or is he a career minor leaguer who's finally found his niche in Hamilton?

Or is he a player on a last contract year realizing that if he doesn't put up points now he won't find a team willing to sign him up and he'll be doomed for exile to Europe next year?

Probably a little of all three.

He changed his number to 21 I think Higgins is his idol :o .

He worked hard tonight and does he not have to clear waivers if he is called up that may hinder his chances.

Ferland is 21. Milroy is 19. I watched the game tonight and would say that Milroy was the best Bulldog out there. It is however clear that Grabovski and Kostitsyn have more talent. Still I was very impressed by the improvement in Milroy's game. He made a few great setups from around the net, worked hard all night and made no real mistakes.

He changed his number to 21 I think Higgins is his idol :o .

He worked hard tonight and does he not have to clear waivers if he is called up that may hinder his chances.

I believe the NHL scrapped that waiver-callup rule didn't they?

Ferland is 21. Milroy is 19. I watched the game tonight and would say that Milroy was the best Bulldog out there. It is however clear that Grabovski and Kostitsyn have more talent. Still I was very impressed by the improvement in Milroy's game. He made a few great setups from around the net, worked hard all night and made no real mistakes.

Sorry hahah I got confused hey I guess his role model is Larry Robinson :huh: :?- :?-