Game Thread | Montreal vs. Buffalo | 12/19/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game guys. I think we just gave Buffalo their worst loss of the season. Keep it up and who knows, we may even catch up to them. :rolleyes: Nice to see Higgins scoring a pair after coming back. And to see the second line generating some offence.

Go :hlogo: Go!

rds three stars

1. higgins

2. huet

3. souray

wow, rob rock... you remind me of a deep purple song...SPEED KING ('deep purple on rock', i think)

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Yeah baby... :clap: Game over just minutes ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max, you rock! You'll be back in MTL soon if you keep your hockey habit up in th O-zone. You wrecked Buffalo's night. Can I say I told you so... :D

The habs did what I sais 80% of the night and it paid off huge!

Good game... and we can beat the best of them...

Cheers and beers boys! :hlogo:

;)

J

Just a quick count, 13 of Buffalo's shots were over 50 feet (3 of them were 70+)

1) where do you find info like that?

2) those are from pretty far away...

3) do the canadiens have similar stats?

I don't remember having a team this great in ages!!!

I've never seen a team anywhere near this great ever (in Montreal). Nice to finally see a true contending team.

toronto's been in a slump..., ottawa's been slumping pretty well all year, buffalo's slumping, have the canadiens slumped a bit yet? hmmmmmm...........

Just a quick count, 13 of Buffalo's shots were over 50 feet (3 of them were 70+)

That's what I thought. I am not as worried about the high shot counts if many of them are from the perimeter. I've heard many of the Habs refer to the fact that they are forcing teams to take shots from outside.

That's not to say that we can't improve the shots against portion of our game, just that shots against aren't always such a telling stat.

Edited by The Saint

its pretty much been this team's policy all year to not lose 2 games in a row and while technically that's happened once, they've still not gone 2 games without getting at least a point

this team impressed the hell out of me tonight, there's something special about this group of guys and we might be seeing something special, barring injury

Chris Higgins is one holy hell of a hockey player

do second periods count?

very good question...

in the traditional sense... no, of course... but, on the other hand, if you add up all the slumpy second periods we've seen, it would add up to a good number of games

its pretty much been this team's policy all year to not lose 2 games in a row and while technically that's happened once, they've still not gone 2 games without getting at least a point

yeah, and now that buffalo's lost two in a row we're the only team in the east to have done it.

go :hlogo: go

1) where do you find info like that?

2) those are from pretty far away...

3) do the canadiens have similar stats?

I just looked for the Sabres....on nhl.com, for each game they have a play-by-play that you can scroll through. Pretty detailed info, actually.