This Thread Has Nothing to Do With the Wii

dark_faerie87

Yeah, Finland was in it I think, I'll google it.

*googles*

Haha, they were part of the Axis.

"Note that Finland didn't surrender and wasn't occupied (the sole country on the losing side that was not occupied by foreign troops). The front line at the time of the cease-fire was well in front of the current border.

As a result Finland saved its independence and could continue its development under a democratic government."

http://hkkk.fi/~yrjola/war/finland/summary.html

Were the fins even in WW2?

Don't think they were in it they were 'neutral'

sweet. then I'm getting call of duty 3.

They were allied with the Axis in order to get revenge on Russia. I guess they didn't think too kindly of them (the Russians) after the Winter War. :P

Yeah, Finland was in it I think, I'll google it.

*googles*

Haha, they were part of the Axis.

"Note that Finland didn't surrender and wasn't occupied (the sole country on the losing side that was not occupied by foreign troops). The front line at the time of the cease-fire was well in front of the current border.

As a result Finland saved its independence and could continue its development under a democratic government."

http://hkkk.fi/~yrjola/war/finland/summary.html

Psshh, I didn't even need Google for that. :P

Did you know that they adopted the swastika before Hitler did?

So now we know the truth...

FAERIE'S A NAZI!

(hey, it's better then being called an Emo kid)

<_<

Oh yes, I absolutely hate Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals... :puke:

They did have awesome uniforms though. B)

Reading the article, seems like the Finns didn't give a rats ass until the Soviets started to bother them. Kinda like how I can keep walking by my cat doing other stuff but once I pick him up, he gets all pissy.

Pretty much. Factor in the bad blood from the Winter War and voila!

Because Stalin was a power hungry fool who only cared about himself and Finland was the only thing between him and the baltic ocean which means PORTS!!!

You just contradicted yourself. If Stalin wanted Finnish ports on the Baltic, then he obviously had to care about the Finns.

Oooh, snap.

By the way faerie, see the WJ exhibition game?

:D

<_<

It was only an exhibition game though...

Stalin never cared about anybody but himself true totalitarian. He wanted the finish ports and the ports only obviously because it opened up all of the Baltics to him.

god I wish it was Stalin with a pick to the head in Mexico City instead of Trotsky....

This has nothing to do about how self-centered Stalin was. Regardless, the fact that he WANTED Finnish ports shows that he CARED about said Finnish ports and hence Finland.

just because you want someone's port doesn't mean you care about them.

For example does the US care about Canada or Mexico or anybody in NAFTA or CAFTA? Big NO. They only care about there OWN interests. Meanwhile countries like Canada and Mexico and the CAFTA nations are at the mercy of Washington acting like the wife of an abusive relationship. US is the wife beater and beats her senseless to the point the woman doesn't know who she is anymore but still continues to go back to the abuser and not go to the police. Thats essentially what Stalin was doing. Imperialism under a Communism banner. The US does the same thing and then people wonder why basically the entire world hates us well its because Imperialism ended after World War II IN EUROPE. We never learned to stop the Imperialism. We just put it under a different banner now, now its capitalism thats our imperialism. We woo the people with the american dollar then kidnap them.

Once the US learns to stop this and just freaking leave Latin America, South America, South Pacific alone we will still be hated and loved by tyrants in those areas. See we support the tyrants mainly in these areas and ignore the people. Why? Because we are greedy. Sweat shops and so on.

American Imperialism isn't land grabbing its to make cheap $$$$

Stalin was doing the same thing except he was thinking in more of military terms.

just because you want someone's port doesn't mean you care about them.

For example does the US care about Canada or Mexico or anybody in NAFTA or CAFTA? Big NO. They only care about there OWN interests. Meanwhile countries like Canada and Mexico and the CAFTA nations are at the mercy of Washington acting like the wife of an abusive relationship. US is the wife beater and beats her senseless to the point the woman doesn't know who she is anymore but still continues to go back to the abuser and not go to the police. Thats essentially what Stalin was doing. Imperialism under a Communism banner. The US does the same thing and then people wonder why basically the entire world hates us well its because Imperialism ended after World War II IN EUROPE. We never learned to stop the Imperialism. We just put it under a different banner now, now its capitalism thats our imperialism. We woo the people with the american dollar then kidnap them.

Once the US learns to stop this and just freaking leave Latin America, South America, South Pacific alone we will still be hated and loved by tyrants in those areas. See we support the tyrants mainly in these areas and ignore the people. Why? Because we are greedy. Sweat shops and so on.

American Imperialism isn't land grabbing its to make cheap $$$$

Stalin was doing the same thing except he was thinking in more of military terms.

*sighs*

It always comes back to the US, doesn't it?

Anyways, I'm not going to get in the middle of yet another anti-American rant, but I'm still adamant about my point that Stalin cared about Finland, unless of course he was an absolute fool, which I highly doubt.

And for the record, Trotsky wouldn't have been much better. Sure, maybe he wouldn't have created a reign of terror equivalent to Stalin, but don't fool yourself by thinking that he was some sort of god, because he wasn't.

I'm not saying Trotsky was some kind of god. I'm saying he wouldn't have taken the Soviet Union in the direction Stalin did.

And no I say again Stalin didn't care about anyone but himself. Just because he might have wanted Finland's ports doesn't mean he cared about the people of finland. This is a guy who when he took over a country threw everybody in a gulags and forced labour camps. (my grandma) I don't see that as caring.

And well I see parallels to everything and I call the US out on a lot of things. We are the most dangerous country in the world.

I'm not saying Trotsky was some kind of god. I'm saying he wouldn't have taken the Soviet Union in the direction Stalin did.

And no I say again Stalin didn't care about anyone but himself. Just because he might have wanted Finland's ports doesn't mean he cared about the people of finland. This is a guy who when he took over a country threw everybody in a gulags and forced labour camps. (my grandma) I don't see that as caring.

And well I see parallels to everything and I call the US out on a lot of things. We are the most dangerous country in the world.

When in the world did I say that? You're putting words in my mouth.

And for the record, Trotsky probably would have done similar things, seeing that Stalin actually followed Trotsky's plan after he was eliminated. It basically went like this:

Commies in Russia: Dude, Lenin's dead! Who's going to take over now?

Trotsky: I got this great plan, pick me to lead!

Stalin: Don't listen to Trotsky, his plan is stupid! It would never work.

Trotsky: Damn you Stalin! *exiled out of the country*

Stalin: Actually, now that I think about it, Trotsky's idea was better than mine. Oh well. *uses Trotsky's plan* B)

From my reading Trotsky was to the left in the party and Stalin was to the right.

Can't find any good books on Trotsky's ideas. If I amazon him I get personal op ed pieces that are slanted.

You said "if Stalin wanted Finland's ports he must have cared about the fins Finland"

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't being clear enough. I was referring to the country as a whole, not the individuals. I thought that would have been obvious from the rest of my arguments, but I suppose one can never be too concise.

Anyways, if you want to know about Trotsky/Stalin, run to the library and read up on it or take a course on 20th century history. I can't remember the exact specifics, but Trotsky wanted to industrialize the country (or was it the other way around?) while Stalin didn't, yet he adopted Trotsky's outlook once he was out of the picture.

I remember somehow that the fins negotiated with the soviets at the enf of the war... they were not part of the soviet allied block but had some treaty where good relations prevailed with the soviets ... one proof its that the soviets sold alot of weapons to the Fins during the cold war... Soviets would never have done that to a neutral country... I remember during the late 80's the Fins was the first country to get the T72 tanks other than the Soviet Union...