Who will the Habs draft #12th overall?

KoZed

Your choice  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Habs draft #12th overall?

• Karl Alzner.
    • Jakub Voracek.
    • Sam Gagner.
    • Ryan McDonagh.
    • Angelo Esposito.
    • Zach Hamill.
    • Alexei Cherepanov.
    • Logan Couture
    • Nick Petrecki
    • Keaton Ellerby.
    • Alex Plante.
    • Brandon Sutter

I like what I'm hearing about Logan Couture, but don't know much about most of the guys available. Going to start my research now that I've got some extra time on my hands.

I'm not sure if this kid is even on Bob's radar.. but he sure is on my list of players I'd like to pick... So I'll go with Brandon Sutter.

Go HABS GO!

I chose petrecki... actually, it's more wishfull thinking then a statement.

as for the 22nd pick...I don't think we'll it. maybe a senario like last year where we backed up a little and got another 2nd rounder.

Esposito a favorite choice... A good center would be nice. Logan Couture is my pick because I dont think Espo will fall to 12th.

couture was thought to be in competition with esposito for 1st overall. however a knee injury and mono slowed him down. I would be quite happy if we picked him.

Logan is the most likely and possibly the best realistic fit. But I voted Ellerby anyway because that'd be awesome. Like I've already said, I want Mayorov with the 22nd pick unless another player begins dropping.

I still believe will use #12 to trade up into the top 5 if he's not able to get some NHL ready talent for them.

If Sam Gagner is still available at 9 i would try to trade St-Louis rights for their 9 and 26 choice

against our 12 and 22.

That would seem a fair deal. If not enough throw in the right of Perezhogin or Emelin *since we will never see them in Montreal.

**For Emelin rights i would ask Jamal Mayers.

For the number 26 Logan MAcmillan

If Sam Gagner is still available at 9 i would try to trade St-Louis rights for their 9 and 26 choice

against our 12 and 22.

That would seem a fair deal. If not enough throw in the right of Perezhogin or Emelin *since we will never see them in Montreal.

**For Emelin rights i would ask Jamal Mayers.

For the number 26 Logan MAcmillan

That would be an interesting move but I bet the Blues move up themselves before they move down.

I think Gainey WILL move up the board and select Gagner.

I also think Alzner is exactly the medicine this organization needs in it's fold of D prospects. I would be more then happy to see him slip to #7 or #8 and have the Habs move up to get him...I don't think it would happen since no one projects him to be a game breaker but I think he's going to be one of those guys that just solidifies a teams defense for his whole career.

I agree, I'm hoping we can swing a deal with Columbus and use the 7th overall pick on Gagner. I think Columbus might have interest in Perezhogin in a trade where they move down to 12th. Zherdev needs friends and Perezhogin may enjoy playing with some national heros in Zherdev and Fedorov. They also have Svitov. Of course, he witnessed in Montreal how a team full of players from your country doesn't guarantee you anything.

I did catch this that might be off the board....

Friday, June 22, 2007

Trevor Timmins and Bob Gainey both claim they've found a '' rare pearl ''

In Today's La Presse Mathias Brunet has an interesting discussion with Gainey :

The words translate as this :

There is one player by our evaluations, that is far superior to any other in this year's draft, If we have to, we'll move up to get him.

It seems the Habs have their man ! What makes this peculiar ? Well in previous years Timmins would operate with a sheet lodging his top 5 in every position that his scouts had judged as the BAP ( best availabe player ) come their time to pick

With Timmins adding to that the '' We're going for a home-run '', you can't help but think the Habs think they know something other teams don't ...

WebLink

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

The fact that he says "if we have to, we'll move up to get him" tells me we're not talking about Turris or Kane. I think he's thinking of Ellerby or Gagner - either way he'll very very likely have to move up though.

The fact that he says "if we have to, we'll move up to get him" tells me we're not talking about Turris or Kane. I think he's thinking of Ellerby or Gagner - either way he'll very very likely have to move up though.

I think the man is Cherepanov or Voracek and the deal would be with L.A. I can see BG asking how much L.A. would spend on Souray, then sign him with the promise to trade him with our 12th pick for their 1rst pick and a young D.

would be a BOMB on draft night !!!

maybe a dream but a bomb one

From what I hear right now, Esposito is not one of Timmins' fave prospects. Seems that Carolina is very high on Esposito though.

One-wa yoffensive forwards are never Timmins and Gainey's favourites. They like polished players with hockey sense and work ethic. Timmins has said that if Esposito falls to 12th they will consider him, though.