Bruins vs. Canadiens | Game Thread | Game 3

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too close for comfort.

Again, the CBC commentator said, "I know I sound like a broken record, but it is in these situations that you need Yanic Perreault."

Thats 2 out of 2 critical face-offs won that could have won the Bruins the game.

It's all about possession, and face-offs get you that possession.

Any of you who have played hockey can say the team that dominates the face-off circle dominates the game.

However, Theo is falling all over himself...

You're nuts if you want Garon to play in net during the playoffs...

Habs PP, let's make it happen

You look at a pretty good (not the best) Powerplay in the NHL, the Canucks.

Completely different.

They have full control of the puck the entire time. And they way they set up in the opponenet's zone, behind the net or near the point. You see none of this in the Canadiens PP.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

Alright I've calmed down a bit.

Maybe Garon isn't a good choice :nono:

Even if Theo sucked we still won. I hope he plays like he can the next game.

WE WON:hlogo:

I can only restore sanity in so many people. ;) :/)

But Theo was sharp in that last minute, no doubt was it scary. There was no help for him there by the defense, I thought for sure Knuble would get that rebound on the Gonchar blast on one of those faceoffs. But Jose stayed strong! :/)

Originally posted by Ribeiro
However, Theo is falling all over himself...

You're nuts if you want Garon to play in net during the playoffs...

Habs PP, let's make it happen

You look at a pretty good (not the best) Powerplay in the NHL, the Canucks.

Completely different.

They have full control of the puck the entire time. And they way they set up in the opponenet's zone, behind the net or near the point. You see none of this in the Canadiens PP.

Haha, I was the one arguing PM Koivu! :lol:

:clap::clap::clap:

:hlogo: WIN!

Kovi scores twice, all the bashers should be happy.

I thought they looked awesome out there tonight. The last 3 goals Theo has allowed were pretty easy, but he's looked good otherwise.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo::ghg::hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

LEAFS SUCK! :-^

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

A happy day, Habs are back in it -- see you guys next game!

:que::hlogo::can::ghg::can::hlogo::que:

Yeah.. hopefully for a tying-serie win!

:ghg:

A few thoughts on the game:

- Kovalev, what a time to come up big... THANK YOU!

- Markov our best D man BY FAR, after a no-show year (for a good reason at least)... also what a time to come up big

Russian power!?

- What a crowd, hey?

- Has Zednik been taking tips from Bulis on how to get off the most inoffensive shots after putting yourself in a great scoring position? A pee-wee player could have done better.

- SHOOT ON THE DAMN NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryder all night long, Souray, Breezer, Bulis... we bail out Raycroft so often no wonder he looks good.

- I can't say enough how impressed with how Ribeiro rises up to the challenge... his poise & passion is just amazing for a 1st playoff experience.

As usual the naysayers will have to eat their words in his case... nothing new.

- Btw Ribs clearly pretended to be injured, and it might have been a good thing because his team needed to take a breath and regain their composure.. but next time don't complain when he doesn't get the calls.

We already have Markov with a bad rep for acting hurt... don't need another.

- Quintal... on that play where he just watched Rolston go score that 2nd goal, after this season: RETIRE.

- Souray, making so many dumb mistakes, careless mistakes... then missing the net the whole game.

He's gone from All-Star & Norris material in the first half to right back where he was when he was first acquired... not good.

- Frasier... if Theo has ANY Biker connections, just break his legs & ankles and wish him a happy retirement already. Or least have him disappear until the playoffs are over.

- Speaking of Theo, wow was he fighting the puck yet again tonight. He's used to getting bombarded and in that situation it's easy to stay in a rhythm and there's less pressure. I know it's much harder in nets when you're team is the best one on the ice... but c'mon man get it together!

At the very least he came up big at the very end, but we need him to get through this.

- Begin left the game near the end... he tried to go hit a Boston player who dove to the ice to avoid the hit... Begin was injured on the play.

This guy was already hampered by injury, he's hanging by a thread at this point.

Julien needs to wake up and put Perreault in the lineup next game, Green was killing Koivu on faceoffs and we are lucky it didn't cost us.

But we won and that's the main thing. Now if we can get a win on tuesday we will have a whole new series!

OMG! WHAT A GAME!!!!

My voice is gone, I've never cheered so much and so loud. "Go Habs Go" "Ole Ole Ole" "Fraser Sucks" "Raycrooooft" "Raycooock" "Raycraaaap" .... lol

So much fun. So intense!

What an effort! Kovalev is the man, the habs are a streaky team and the streak just started ... We're rolling baby, lets just hope Raycrap doesnt stand in our way... We've dominated the Bruins in 2 straight games.

The next game is going to be even better! I just hope I get a bandana with someone other then Juneau (Yeah thats who I got, lmao) on it.

I said it before, Julien is a moron.

Kovalev is our star!

Ribeiro pretending to be injured got the Bruins fans riled up. But who cares. The Habs were getting tripped, held and obstructed all over the ice the last 5 minutes. No calls.

Originally posted by moeman

So far so good.

Would that be the old Sportsnet.ca moeman? :o

I remember when you used to rule that place man, I was the doughman and you were the moeman.

Anyways, a great game from the Habs.

[marquee]:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:[/marquee]

Originally posted by ricucity

Fraser...just as bad as the show...should go the way of the show, retire. :-^ (I love this smiley!)

someday he'll get grabbed, his arms tied behind the back and someone will shove his head

Originally posted by simonus

i'm not crazy about frasier, but at least he seems to have screwed our opposition as often as he screws us (see 1993 wesern conference final, at least according to leaf fans)

We all should know not to listen to Leaf fans. :can: