HW Introductions (Archives)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I forgot he used to do that. Not like I was alive then but it's a nice pic. I never really liked him but if I had seen him play maybe I would've.

I ignored him as a gm and mp. I only remember 1970's Ken Dryden.

An mp? What's that?

And anyway there are only a few on this site who honestly state that they saw Dryden (et al) play. That's why there's such debate about who to retire.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

An mp? What's that?

And anyway there are only a few on this site who honestly state that they saw Dryden (et al) play. That's why there's such debate about who to retire.

MP = Member of Parliament. I never saw him play, but my dad has his autograph.

• 1 month later...

Greetings All,

Been a Habs fan since 1975/76 season. Yes, I was originally a band-wagonner. Can you blame me, I was only 5.

Anyway, there looks like a pile of interesting reading and some some people that I recognize from other boards, so I think I may enjoy it here.

Originally posted by heet_150

Greetings All,

Been a Habs fan since 1975/76 season.  Yes, I was originally a band-wagonner.  Can you blame me, I was only 5.  

Anyway, there looks like a pile of interesting reading and some some people that I recognize from other boards, so I think I may enjoy it here.

Welcome heet_150

There is much to read here, including the articles from the front page. I think overall we are realistic habs fans here and know one day soon we will all be cheering for a Stanley cup championship soon.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I've been a Habs fan since I can remember, but this is the first time I've become a member of a forum. I'm really impressed with the number of members and the quality of the site, and I look forward to meeting all of you! I just finished reading The Game, and I'm in the middle of Home Game- awesome player, awesome author!

Hi everybody,

I've been a Habs fan since I can remember, but this is the first time I've become a member of a forum. I'm really impressed with the number of members and the quality of the site, and I look forward to meeting all of you! I just finished reading The Game, and I'm in the middle of Home Game- awesome player, awesome author!

Hey mahn! Welcome to the site!

"The Game" was a fantastic book, truly one of my favorites. :D

• 2 months later...

Hi mez, Welcome, "The Game" - great read.

Hi all,

I'm Chips! I'm a long time reader of this forum. And now I'm a member, hoping to contribute to the absolutely best forum on the planet! I've been a long time Habs Fan, my first jersey was a "Mats Nasland #26". I've got his rookie card and I pray for the day that a habs will again score 100+ points in a season.

I think that Chipchura, will be that next habs to score 100+ Points and I'll go out on a limb and call it right now, right here, He will be the next Captain of the famed Canadiens.

Go Habs Go!

Edited by Chips

Welcome and have a nice time around here! :)

I think that Chipchura, will be that next habs to score 100+ Points and I'll go out on a limb and call it right now, right here, He will be the next Captain of the famed Canadiens. Go Habs Go!

I also think that he could be a future HABS captain but on the other side I doubt that he'll score much. B)

• 1 month later...

I have been posting here for a little while but never really introduced myself.

So, hello everyone..I'm Talon, Habs fan since Roy's first cup (so, since I was about 5).

Edited by Talon

• 2 years later...

Hi guys. I posted once or twice last year, but never had the chance to be consistent (for a few reasons).

So wanted to re-introduce myself.

I grew up in Quebec until I left at around age 8-9 (lived in Laval and Montreal). Since I arrived at the age of 1 from South America, my dad and I got hooked with the Canadiens (and Expos) ^_^ , literally watched every...single...game. 92/93 Cup is a momentus moment from my youth.

I moved to Toronto at age 9, and since then I had been frustratingly trying to catch any game that I could (usually about 10 a year, if lucky to have TSN show that many games here) + playoffs. But finally last year I found ways to finally start watching the Habs at pubs near my house, or through online subscription.

Gotta say, I love this site. And look forward to posting more frequently here :)

:hlogo:

• 10 years later...

Greetings fellow Habs fans.

As advertised, my name's Mark Darling and I'm a life-long Canadiens fan.

Originally from the great city of Montreal, but now residing down the road in Ottawa.

Not much of a poster but I enjoy reading the banter. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 3