Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Poehling 1g1a; 8g 24pts in 25games

Evans 1a

Primeau 3g 35shot win; 14-6-5, 2.01, 0.926%

Hawkey 2g 26shot win;  19-9-3, 2.19, 0.913%

Fleury 1a; 10g 41pts in 56games (he had 11g 38pts in 70games last year)

Brook no pts in 4games; 2g 21pts +38 in 29games

Ikonen had an assist in a season-high 19:14 of ice time yesterday.  Primeau (29/30 saves) and Hawkey (26/27) each picked up wins while Tyszka had a goal and an assist to snap his 10-game point drought.

For those who want to see Brook and Fleury in action, they have a game starting in half an hour on Sportsnet East/Ontario/Pacific/One.

You could say Fleury coulda shoulda had the man who got open and just tied it 2-2.

Same for Brook on 2-1 Sam Steel goal, but could also say Brook took away the pass option and let his goalie have 1- on 1 with Steel and he outwaited goalie for smart goal.

Primeau picked up a shared shutout last night (it was an 8-0 game late so he was pulled to give the backup a bit of playing time).  He's down to a 1.91 GAA with a .930 SV% on the season.  Evans had a goal and an assist and is up to 35 points in 33 games on the season.

At the CHL level, Pezzetta had a pair of goals while Bitten is injured.  Out West, Tyszka and Fleury each had assists.

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Primeau picked up a shared shutout last night (it was an 8-0 game late so he was pulled to give the backup a bit of playing time).  He's down to a 1.91 GAA with a .930 SV% on the season.  Evans had a goal and an assist and is up to 35 points in 33 games on the season.

At the CHL level, Pezzetta had a pair of goals while Bitten is injured.  Out West, Tyszka and Fleury each had assists.

Back to back shutouts for Primeau, 34save win. 1.85GAA 0.933%

Poehling 1g (9) in 3rd period.

Evans 1g(11) 2a (in a 4-3 loss)

45 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

So he was basically a safe pick... was there not another player out there with more offensive upside. 

Seems a lot like he'll be a Philip Danault 

He is a safer pick - someone like Tolvanen (NSH) has more offensive upside but Poehling fills a huge need for the team.  I also think he has more upside than Danault.  Assuming Danault signs a long-term deal this summer, Poehling/Danault would be a quality 2-3 down the middle a few years from now. 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

So he was basically a safe pick... was there not another player out there with more offensive upside. 

Seems a lot like he'll be a Philip Danault 

Its possible he could develop more and become a first liner but thats unlikely.

I think he was the best centre on the board when we picked.  I had him at 18.

1 minute ago, Habopotamus said:

I was looking at Morgan frost on there... having a solid year 

Hind sight obviously makes it easier to critique. But, I thought at the time was a very good pick and many had him ranked right around there.

Hey, he is a good sized smart play-making centre about 1.0pt/game in NCAA and just turned 19 year old in new year, who can defend well also.

This year will see another highly skilled kid picked, like Ssrgachev or Galchenyuk 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

1) Frost plays on a stacked team

2) Its hard to compare an 18 year old in college playing in a league of 18-24 year olds vs an 18 year old in a league of 16-20 year olds. 

I was going to say it's a little different being in the O

Speaking of this year, Veleno who was falling has reversed that trend and is tearing things up in drummondville. 

It may have been he was only 1.0 PPG cause his team was shit (last place).  He's 35 points in 24 games since the trade.

He's around 10th for me now. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Speaking of this year, Veleno who was falling has reversed that trend and is tearing things up in drummondville. 

It may have been he was only 1.0 PPG cause his team was shit (last place).  He's 35 points in 24 games since the trade.

He's around 10th for me now. 

If the team keeps picking up points, the Habs will be too. :wall: