Montreal vs Buffalo 7:30pm

Guest Stogey24

6 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Such a sloppy game 

Galchenyuk has been invisible out there for as long as I can remember 

On occasion, I find myself wondering whether I would trade a top 10 draft pick for Galchenyuk 

Guest Stogey24
5 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

On occasion, I find myself wondering whether I would trade a top 10 draft pick for Galchenyuk 

This team is in win now mode. They can't make a trade like that. 

I could see him getting traded in the summer though. As much as I don't want to see that. 

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

... boy, everyone really checked out of this one, huh?

This was the first game all season that I was home and I didn't watch. With a playoff opponent and division title already locked up, it's cruise control the rest of the way

11 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Petry now 3Rd in the league in turn overs. 

Does it matter?

He has more than double the number of turnovers at home, as he does on the road.  As do all Habs defencemen.  As do all defencemen who played for the Habs in the last decade. 

The stat is meaningless, when its not consistent rink to rink. 

Guest Stogey24
11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Does it matter?

He has more than double the number of turnovers at home, as he does on the road.  As do all Habs defencemen.  As do all defencemen who played for the Habs in the last decade. 

The stat is meaningless, when its not consistent rink to rink. 

Ya, it's meaningless. I watch  the guy hand the puck over more than any d-man on the team

Even if the stats are inconsistent. To be that high in the league, he's turning the puck over more than he should be. 

Montreal has 2 defenceman in the top 10 players in the NHL

3 defencemen in the top 16 players in the NHL

5 defencemen in the top 40 players in the NHL in turnovers.

Carey Price is 78th in the NHL in turnovers.  CAREY PRICE

How high he is in the league?  Completely meaningless when other rinks don't score the same way. 

P.K. Subban dropped from being a top 5 guy in the league to the mid 60s.  Shea Weber went from having very few turnovers in Nashville to top 16 in the NHL. 

You really think it means something?

Guest Stogey24

I can see it happening. I call Petry out for it all the time. So yes, it's real. 

Price also plays the puck a ton. Probably the most in the league for a goalie. 

Subban isn't carrying the puck as much in Nashville and is playing like 2min less a game. Big reason why his turn over numbers are down. 

It doesn't matter if the stats aren't spot on. Petry should be nowhere near the top of league in turn overs. When a player of his calibre is in the that region of the league for turn overs, it's saying something. 

Why isn't Beaulieu up there or Markov? Clearly he's turning the puck over a lot. 

You might as well say hits shouldn't be kept as a stat either.  The consistency is skewed in thay category too. 

Obviously Petry isn't perfect, no one is saying he is. 

But he also not one of the most turnover prone players in the league either, this is all about the way stats are kept. 

Your Subban explanation fails to account for why Weber has so many more turnovers this season, why the two have basically flipped positions on those charts. 

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I can see it happening. I call Petry out for it all the time. So yes, it's real. 

Price also plays the puck a ton. Probably the most in the league for a goalie. 

Subban isn't carrying the puck as much in Nashville and is playing like 2min less a game. Big reason why his turn over numbers are down. 

A buddy of mine in Edmonton warned me about Petry (when we signed him).  he said he played "soft" for a big man, and apparently turnovers are a chronic condition with him.  He was happy to see Petry leave the oil patch.  i thought he was just upset to be losing a top 4 d-man, but it seems he was right.  Whatever he is ...he is now a fixture on our blue line and i don't see him being moved anytime soon.  The turnovers are bad but his reluctance to hit anyone is more of a problem IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

But he also not one of the most turnover prone players in the league either, this is all about the way stats are kept. 

Your Subban explanation fails to account for why Weber has so many more turnovers this season, why the two have basically flipped positions on those charts. 

Maybe cause Weber was paired with Emelin for most of the season...

1 minute ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

Maybe cause Weber was paired with Emelin for most of the season...

How does that make him have way more turnovers at home, but basically the same amount on the road as the previous year?  Answer: It doesn't account for it. 

The reality is that bell centre guys count dumping the puck into the corner, or dumping it out to centre as a turnover and other rinks don't. 

Guest Stogey24
11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Exactly. Weber, when paired with Emelin for 50 or 60 games, was the "puck mover". No more Josi to carry the mail. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

How does that make him have way more turnovers at home, but basically the same amount on the road as the previous year?  Answer: It doesn't account for it. 

The reality is that bell centre guys count dumping the puck into the corner, or dumping it out to centre as a turnover and other rinks don't. 

BOOOM.  Exactly !  It's been like that for years.

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Exactly. Weber, when paired with Emelin for 50 or 60 games, was the "puck mover". No more Josi to carry the mail. 

Of course... the turnovers in road games, stayed about the same.  There was only a significant increase in Weber's home turnovers. 

So nope... that explanation fails. 

For some reason the Habs commit 2.5 x more turnovers at home vs on the road. 

In fact the Habs commit more than double the turnovers at home, than ANY TEAM in the league commits on the Road.  

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

How does that make him have way more turnovers at home, but the same amount on the road as the previous year?  Answer: It doesn't. 

so you agree with yourself...good on you.   you need to let it go man, Weber is a HAB...PK isn't.  I wish him well but enough already, 

2 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

so you agree with yourself...good on you.   you need to let it go man, Weber is a HAB...PK isn't.  I wish him well but enough already, 

This has NOTHING to do with the Weber vs P.K. debate.... NOTHING.

This is entirely about how the Bell Centre turnover stats are unreliable. 

I merely used Weber vs PK cause their stats show that... when PK was in montreal he was at the top of the league and Weber wasn't... they were traded and the numbers flipped.  Hence its all about the scorekeeper when it comes to this stat. 

If you don't understand that this is not about the trade, I can't help you.  

• Upvote 2

Guest Stogey24

I watch Petry turn the puck over more than any Hab. 

Anyways, it's not worth getting into it over this. 

He needs to make better decisions with the puck. 

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

This has NOTHING to do with the Weber vs P.K. debate.... NOTHING.

This is entirely about how the Bell Centre turnover stats are unreliable. 

I merely used Weber vs PK cause their stats show that... when PK was in montreal he was at the top of the league and Weber wasn't... they were traded and the numbers flipped.  Hence its all about the scorekeeper when it comes to this stat. 

ok bro...but try going a week without bringing up Subban..