Radek Bonk

ch_nl

I was looking at the Canadiens current situation with the new agreement and so I was also looking at the players we have under contract.

Craig Rivet makes 2.660.000. That's to much but there's nothing to do about it since his market value is probablt next to zero with the new rules. And Koivu would be disapointed if the traded him. So that's one we're stuck with for a year to come.

But then... Radek Bonk has the second highest salary on the whole team and yet he hasn't played a single game for the Habs.

Now the market look different from when he was signed but maybe getting Radek Bonk was an unwise call?

And oh, Radek Bonk will make 2.394.000

Like you said, he hasn't played a game for the Habs. Let's see how he does this season before calling his signing "unwise."

I look forward to seeing him play, cause I think he will bolster our third line. Plus, if Ribs or Koivu get injured, he has the offensive capability to jump to 2nd or 1st line duties.

That being said, he will have to work hard to fullfill the money being sent his way.

I think everyone will grow to love Radek Bonk this year. A big excellent strong two way center, who skates well.

He'll be a good role model for the younger players in the line up, and I'll predict that he scores 20 goals this year.

Montreal needed a bigger center to match up against the Joe THorntons, Vincent Lecavalaiers and Matts Sundins of the Eastern confrence

I look forward to seeing him play too. He was a relatively cheap acquisition, especially considering the potential that comes with him.

Maybe with the new system, new coach, new partners and new expectations, he'll blossom into what he can be.

Good grief, he's only 29 with no health concerns to mention. With his physique, he's good for quite a while yet.

Good job, Bob.

I question the idea of having him on LW though, I want the Big guy at center... particulary with our smallish star wingers

I mean I'd prefer to see

Higgs BONKER Perez

Than see any combo which has Perez or Higgs on the wings of Ryder Ribs or Zed K...

Originally posted by Habsrocket

I actually think Gainey is going to try and get another big forward so that they can protect ribs. The habs need to protect the small guys so that the small forwards can do their thing and score or set up plays.

JMO.

amen :bow:

Ideally yes, but would they have enought money to spend once they get their prioritys filled by a UFA for the first line and a second one on defence ?

Althought their is many reasons to think that Martin Lapointe would not be a plausible choice by the CH to get him to fill the second or third line role you are talking about, there is on the other hand, just as many reasons to think that he mite actually be a very plausible choice that the CH would want to get.

Originally posted by PB

Ideally yes, but would they have enought money to spend once they get their prioritys filled by a UFA for the first line and a second one on defence ?

Althought their is many reasons to think that Martin Lapointe would not be a plausible choice by the CH to get him to fill the second or third line role you are talking about, there is on the other hand, just as many reasons to think that he mite actually be a very plausible choice that the CH would want to get.

BG negotiating tight :

Kovalev 3.5M

Aucoin 3M

-------------------

6.5M

projected payroll as I calculated with tight offers to RFAs is 29M, otherwise, it's 31M

so we add the 6.5M

between 35.5 and 37.5

@35.5M we can afford a Marty Lapointe at 2M...

but that's in the very best scenario... which wont happen... so maybe then, don't re-sign a bulis to allow you some space for a Lapointe?

there is also Gratton who's underrated (actually it's true!) people overhyped him, expected 30 goals from him and 1st line production... but he can't do that... he can however deliver the goods on the 3rd line for the right price.. he's huge and somewhat physical.

At this stage of is young career and at this stage of an NHL hockey league re-writing its rules, I am convince that they gonna built around him for a while.

i wonder how much prognosticating BG wants to do in reference to what kind of players will get a lift under the new NHL. Remember, it is quite possible that obstruction will live through this latest attack. I hope that the prevailing theory about the finesse player holds true (especially considering I much more closely physically resemble marty st-louis than zdeno chara) but I am not yet convinced.

[Edited on 7/29/2005 by simonus]

At this stage of is young career and at this stage of an NHL hockey league re-writing its rules, I am convince that they gonna built around him for a while.

I have lost my faith in Hosse Jr. He lacks his brothers goal scoring sense.

The third line is the most difficult to form for the Canadiens. Bulis, Sundström, Dagenais, Bonk and all the prospect. It will be interesting to see how things will be. But Im pretty sure that we will see Sundström on the third line with Bonk.

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm really excited about the third line. No longer will Bulis need to play on the top two lines with the graduating young talent and imminent UFA signing of someone with great offensive skill (if not Kovalev then someone else.) So put anyone beside Bulis on that third line and you've got a great one. Bonk would be wonderful. Sundstrom will be solid. Dags would be an offensive threat on an otherwise defensively sound line. Higgins, Plekanec, Hossa, and any other youngster will be better with Bulis on the ice with them.

Last season's playoffs proved it to me. Bulis is the real deal. He's great for the Habs.

I'm a Bulis fan. If my judgement is cloudy, someone tell me.