Max Domi Re-Joins the Habs Training Camp

Commandant

Adding these questions to this thread:

given how well the Canadiens have been playing with Domi on the fourth line, and how much better teh Habs are with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as the top two centres:

1. How much is Domi's contribution missed?

2. How much is it Domi's responsibility to work his way up in the lineup?

On 7/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, GHT120 said:

Agreed ... assuming Danault will play (rumoured the separate training group is focused primarily on conditioning), IMO Domi's role depends on how well KK plays ... if he continues to impress then Domi plays LW beside him ... if KK falters as camp goes on the Max may be the 3C and KK may sit or fill the 3LW slot

Well, what do you think now ?

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

given how well the Canadiens have been playing with Domi on the fourth line, and how much better teh Habs are with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as the top two centres:

He played 5:22 on the PP last game, most of any forward, so coaches are looking to him to produce.

80%, lineup (who do you bump out of top six?) and late training camp (diseases) for him are factors.

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Well, what do you think now ?

Until they shuffled Danault to play with Byron and Lehkonen I would have, as previously indicated, preferred Domi on KK's left-wing ... despite his two assists in this series, Lehkonen had only 9 points in the 30 games the Habs previously played in 2020 ... KK deserved offensive players if he was to ... and, IMO Domi's future with the Habs (unless contract issues or trade rumours determine otherwise) is on the wing ... but like dressing Weise to the consternation of so many, CJ didn't agree with my idea.

Some rumour mongers claim the Habs are just suppressing Domi's contract value ... or preparing to deal him ... there is a tiny shred of logic in the former, but not one I honestly think works ... the latter makes no sense unless they seriously thought Max would be so terrible and lower his trade value ... but given his comparatively poor season, don't see that as likely either

Or was that just a "hah, hah, you were wrong" post

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

1. Given how KK and Suzuki have played, he really isn't missed at centre ... but have to wonder if he might have been able to chip in a goal or two from ta top 9 LW spot

2. IMO it is almost always the player's responsibility to earn icetime ... 

29 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Until they shuffled Danault to play with Byron and Lehkonen I would have, as previously indicated, preferred Domi on KK's left-wing ... despite his two assists in this series, Lehkonen had only 9 points in the 30 games the Habs previously played in 2020 ... KK deserved offensive players if he was to ... and, IMO Domi's future with the Habs (unless contract issues or trade rumours determine otherwise) is on the wing ... but like dressing Weise to the consternation of so many, CJ didn't agree with my idea.

Some rumour mongers claim the Habs are just suppressing Domi's contract value ... or preparing to deal him ... there is a tiny shred of logic in the former, but not one I honestly think works ... the latter makes no sense unless they seriously thought Max would be so terrible and lower his trade value ... but given his comparatively poor season, don't see that as likely either

Or was that just a "hah, hah, you were wrong" post

Not at all, I wanted to read what you thought 

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Not at all, I wanted to read what you thought 

Thanks ... still getting to "know the players"