Emelin In Serious Trouble

JMMR

Why are you talking about Darcy Tucker? ###### Darcy Tucker

As for Emelin hopefully he shakes this off can come to North America next year and play here.

haha well said kaos. We DID get a little sidetracked....

I hate Tucker.

I am not a fan of kasparitis, I hope that Emelin is a great rough tough defenseman but I do not want to see this guy taking cheap shots at other players. The bone ratting hits I am a fan of though just keep those knees to yourself.

GOod point. I could never understand how guys could respect people like him and Marchement. They are messing with peoples livelyhoods. Remember what happened to Samuelson (the only postive thing Domi ever did). I can't believe somebody never did the same to Marchement or Kasparitis

I don't want anyone playing for the Habs who emulates Kasparitis. The guy is a thug and goes out of his way to injure people. Play tough, but not dirty. That's not in the Canadiens tradition.

That being said, it looks like Emelin had some provocation for his answer. He was still very wrong to go after the other guy, but it wasn't premeditated, and it didn't come out of nowhere.

I am not a fan of kasparitis, I hope that Emelin is a great rough tough defenseman but I do not want to see this guy taking cheap shots at other players. The bone ratting hits I am a fan of though just keep those knees to yourself.

I don't like the dirty stuff either...but it is better than having him on another team taking cheap shots at our players. Hopefully he will be directed to be a hard nosed pest but to keep the play clean.

I don't know personally I dont really know much about prospects until they at least make the AHL and play well..its just so uncertain and impossible to predict where and how they'll develop. The guys you least expect to make it, and the ballyhooed guys dont.

I don't know personally I dont really know much about prospects until they at least make the AHL and play well..its just so uncertain and impossible to predict where and how they'll develop. The guys you least expect to make it, and the ballyhooed guys dont.

Love that word, "ballyhooed"! :D

I hope Emelin's the real deal... prolly a good fit with Markov

From what I saw on the video this was nothing. He did what 50-70% of all hockeyplayers would when someone blasts u with a puck after the whistle.. he punched the guy who did it... this time the other guy got unlucky. This isnt even worth a thread.

From what I saw on the video this was nothing. He did what 50-70% of all hockeyplayers would when someone blasts u with a puck after the whistle.. he punched the guy who did it... this time the other guy got unlucky. This isnt even worth a thread.

Agreed, he had it coming. Emelin forgot rule one though. Drop the stick, then the gloves before you throw a punch. Doesn't effect my opinion of him one bit. Great prospect.

Agreed, he had it coming. Emelin forgot rule one though. Drop the stick, then the gloves before you throw a punch. Doesn't effect my opinion of him one bit. Great prospect.

With the Russian Hockey Federation acting like jerks (well, I can understand that they want to keep their players, or at least be compensated when they lose them), it could mean that NHL teams will stay away from Russian players in the first round, and thus draft a lot of quality Russian players in the later rounds.

Now I'm wondering if there is anything in the new CBA regarding transfer fees to "buy" young European players. Otherwise, the rich teams like New York, Detroit, Philly, ... could get a serious unfair advantage over as all those millions they cannot spend on salaries could be used on transfer fees with the Russians. If Pittsburg cannot afford to give, for example, 5 millions to the Russians for Malkin, what will prevent the Rangers from signing him as soon as Pittsburg loses his rights? Or, what will prevent the rich teams from pulling a bunch of "Angelo Espositos" as other teams wont be willing to potentially waste a high draft pick on a Russian player?

I hope the NHL is looking into that...

i guess part of the answer to your question is another question:

does the NHL care about equality or the appearance of equality?

also, does the league care about keeping team budgets low or player salaries low?

AKA - are they more concerned about setting higher salary precedent for FAs than they are about any given salary?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update about that Emelin hit on Varlamov. Basically, Varlamov suffered a concussion from the hit, nothing was fractured like some websites were reporting. It's unlikely that the concussion was too severe since Varlamov was back on the ice 10 days after the incident, including 2 days spent in the hospital. I'm disappointed at some North American media, the Hockey News in particular, that picked up the initial rumoured stories then reporting them as much more than they were. So much for unbiased journalism and the need for verifying their sources before putting them up on the web or in print.

Personally, I'd like to think that Emelin will turn out to be more like the Red Wings small but big hitting Vlad Konstantinov than a dirtier player like Kasparitis.

Russian Hockey Digest

Emelin makes the Senior National team, played on the 4th pairing in game 1 of Euro Cup the final tour of EC for this season. Russia beat Finland 3-1.

Also it appears as though Emelin will have a spot on the WC team which starts on May 5th. And another habs draft pick, Andrei Kruchinin made both teams as well. He is sometimes been paired up with Emelin while playing for Lada this year.

Emelin makes the Senior National team, played on the 4th pairing in game 1 of Euro Cup the final tour of EC for this season. Russia beat Finland 3-1.

Also it appears as though Emelin will have a spot on the WC team which starts on May 5th. And another habs draft pick, Andrei Kruchinin made both teams as well. He is sometimes been paired up with Emelin while playing for Lada this year.

Good for Emelin. Kruchinin... I had forgotten about him. I take it he's fallen through the cracks - never made the grade or wasn't interested....

:king: :hlogo: :king: