Emo

Killer Carlson

It's funny, the only band who's been mentioned thats emo is faerie's band.

You people really have no idea what Emo is, do you?

emo's not in my collection personnely...even worst then emo his Scream-o

ohh would you qualify AFI as emo?

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know id class them as a bunch of skinny girls. well yeah thats emo then aint it. ive seen slipknot 5 times live, metallica once,korn twice, deftones 4 times, rage against the machine once, marilyn manson 3 times, iron maiden once, in flames once, guns n roses once, queens of the stone age 7 times, machinehead twice, fear factory twice, oasis 6 times and countless other bands but i can be bothered typing any more.

Oh god, you really have no idea what Emo is, do you?

My Chemical Romance?

Panic! At The Disco?

AFI?

They're all about as Emo as The Rolling Stones or The Beatles. You're using the mainstream slang term (like the ignorant 4 skinny white girls term) to figure out what Emo is not what it really is.

Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, At The Drive-In, Jimmy Eat World, The Get Up Kids, Christie Front Drive, Saddle Creek, Rites of Spring, Thursday. THOSE are Emo bands. The only band that enters todays mainstream that is truely Emo is Dashboard Confessional.

The music I listen to gets a bad rap when morons try and link Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco Emo. They are NOT EMO. AT ALL!

Oh god, you really have no idea what Emo is, do you?

My Chemical Romance?

Panic! At The Disco?

AFI?

They're all about as Emo as The Rolling Stones or The Beatles. You're using the mainstream slang term (like the ignorant 4 skinny white girls term) to figure out what Emo is not what it really is.

Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, At The Drive-In, Jimmy Eat World, The Get Up Kids, Christie Front Drive, Saddle Creek, Rites of Spring, Thursday. THOSE are Emo bands. The only band that enters todays mainstream that is truely Emo is Dashboard Confessional.

The music I listen to gets a bad rap when morons try and link Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco Emo. They are NOT EMO. AT ALL!

They're like nu-emo... :puke:

ummmmmm... Fall out boy is pretty Emo as well, a bunch of girlies jumping around on stage trying to play rock, and feel sorry for themselves, Then at the VMA's they try to trash their set, the bassist jumps into the drum set, he only manages to lightly push a cymbal down

Pathetic

The beggining of this video is sick, has Nirvana smashing equipment, Then for some reason some primus

Link

They're like nu-emo... :puke:

Quit creating a new genre so that those punks fit in with Emo. They're not Emo.

ummmmmm... Fall out boy is pretty Emo as well, a bunch of girlies jumping around on stage trying to play rock, and feel sorry for themselves, Then at the VMA's they try to trash their set, the bassist jumps into the drum set, he only manages to lightly push a cymbal down

Pathetic

The beggining of this video is sick, has Nirvana smashing equipment, Then for some reason some primus

Link

No. Fall Out Boy isn't Emo. They're barely pop-punk. More of a pop rock band.

Someone wears makeup and all of a sudden they're an Emo band. It's getting ridiculous because it's turning into a f***** slang term.

Quit creating a new genre so that those punks fit in with Emo. They're not Emo.

No. Fall Out Boy isn't Emo. They're barely pop-punk. More of a pop rock band.

Someone wears makeup and all of a sudden they're an Emo band. It's getting ridiculous because it's turning into a f***** slang term.

That's what I'm referring to with the nu-emo "genre." They're what mainstream America (and Canada) thinks is emo.

AFI and Billy Talent are the 2 semi-emo bands that I like. Both have mix emo (and crying) with different types of music.

If you want to know what pure emo is, look at bands like Bayside, MCR and The Used. Some of their songs have a catchy sound to them but when you listen to the lyrics it's always the same crap.

As someone approaching 30, threads like this tend to make feel a little "wiser" as I have no freakin' clue as to what emo is but it sounds like 3 chord rock with songs lasting 3-4min. Hard to think that this is actually "new".

My dad is Mr.Errand for one of the most influential guys in Calgary and hes really nice. They're friends too, lets us stay out as his cabin all the time. 6 million bucks.

Dated one of his daughters too but she was a bitch.

Ok Ok, I'm sorry.

faerie knows what true emo is. No one else does.

C'mon faerie, lets go sit in our music elitist clubhouse. Just make sure you're wearing pants this time, last weekend was awkward.

Can I substitute one of my skirts for pants? :king:

HAHAHAHA

I hate elitists. They just want to steal money from you, thats what I've been told. Don't trust the rich.

What does money have to do with music elitists?! :wacko:

Edited by dark_faerie87

My dad is Mr.Errand for one of the most influential guys in Calgary and hes really nice. They're friends too, lets us stay out as his cabin all the time. 6 million bucks.

Dated one of his daughters too but she was a bitch.

what do you expect from rich girls ??

what do you expect from rich girls ??

Yeah, I should've expected it going in. My dad she was nice though.

Too damn demanding for me though. And their family hates hockey. The only sport they like to watch or play is volleyball. Holy cow, do I hate volleyball.