Habs are two players away from the Stanley Cup

PurpleHills

Maurice Richard and Doug Harvey !!!!

Love it - love it!!!!!!!!

That is a great one - unfortunately the Rocket was a winger and not a centre...... but still love it!

However I think this team is more than just two players away from a Cup - getting better but not ready for primetime yet?

Edited by beliveau1

this year they're going into the second round next the finals and after that the cup! Building blocks thats what I say building blocks.

I can see Bob with a big bucket of Legos on his desk....lol.

:hlogo:

If there were to be anyone I would want to see on the the Montreal Canadiens between Kovalev and Samsonov..it would Have to be Joe Thornton. I'm sure Kovy and Sammy are starting to get frusterated knowing that their Centre is a bum who is equivalent to ribeiro...perhaps a tad worse!! I am expecting Gainey to make a move for a 2nd line centre at the trade deadline. He is so strong behind the net and is a prime set up man. Kovy could just set camp in the slot and let the trigger go all night long. On Defence, I think Jaroslav Modry would look good in a Habs Jersey. He's got an absolute gun from the blueline. If Joe Thornton Wasnt Available, Id go for Daniel Briere, and if Modry wasnt....on D Sergei Gonchar.

Quote Justin Timbit

I'm sure Kovy and Sammy are starting to get frusterated knowing that their Centre is a bum who is equivalent to ribeiro...perhaps a tad worse!!

Plekanek a bum ? Bitching around in media, doesn't care if we win or lose, not a two way player, not appreciated by teammates. :?-

It is not because he doesn't fit with Kovalev and Samsonov that he is a bum. If we had a second center at this moment he would center 3 or 4 line and it would effect positively the results of the 4th line allowing Bégin to play wing instead of center, pushing out Murray and giving us a better 4th line. But we don't have that, we traded Ribeiro because he was bad influence, Grabovski is still hurt and will have to prove something in AHL first, management clearly want to wait at least half season to bring Chipchura, Lapierre is a temprary fix for 4 line.

So what else do we have ?? Higgins is our best winger, Bonk, Johnson and Perez are awesome on the third line, so Bonk stays there.

Perhaps it is your beloved Kovalev who is the problem actually not skating because of a lower body injury he has and risking making it worse instead of taking a break of one week to heal that.

I agree but Malkin, out of anyone you would pick Malkin...................... :unsure: , Any Center

Yeahp. He's up and coming, and he's doing great. That line needs another Russian (Although some think that 2 is already 1 too many).