Advanced Stats Bluff?

I for one don't want Lucic. What has he done in the playoffs the last few years??

Yes I do want a big power forward, but I want one who is skilled, can skate, hit, score 35+ goals. Lucic can't skate, hasn't shown he can be a cam neely type of consistent scorer either. I also really am not interested in primates like Lucic and chara being on the Montreal canadiens.

Give me Wayne Simmonds, evander Kane, Taylor hall, or Ryan johannson. All if this guys have the skill set to create offense in their own. I don't believe Lucic does.

I'd call 26 points in 34 games damn good, especially when he's also an intimidator.

That being his last two playoff totals

I for one don't want Lucic. What has he done in the playoffs the last few years??

Yes I do want a big power forward, but I want one who is skilled, can skate, hit, score 35+ goals. Lucic can't skate, hasn't shown he can be a cam neely type of consistent scorer either. I also really am not interested in primates like Lucic and chara being on the Montreal canadiens.

Give me Wayne Simmonds, evander Kane, Taylor hall, or Ryan johannson. All if this guys have the skill set to create offense in their own. I don't believe Lucic does.

Well, Habs29, you would be the ONLY GM in professional hockey who would "really not be interested" in having these two guys on your team. They are the two most physically intimidating players in the entire sport. Chara is a legit #1 defenceman, a Norris-trophy winner who would instantly make us high-end contenders. Lucic is not in Chara's class as a complete player, but he is a legit second-line W who would also raise us to 'serious contender' status simply by eliminating any question about our 'team toughness' and physicality. All this talk about how we 'wouldn't want these guys on our team' is just nuts - akin to people who say they wouldn't take Crosby because he's a crybaby. Or a friend of mine years ago who hated Patrick Roy and swore up and down he wouldn't take him on his team. Craziness.

Well, Habs29, you would be the ONLY GM in professional hockey who would "really not be interested" in having these two guys on your team. They are the two most physically intimidating players in the entire sport. Chara is a legit #1 defenceman, a Norris-trophy winner who would instantly make us high-end contenders. Lucic is not in Chara's class as a complete player, but he is a legit second-line W who would also raise us to 'serious contender' status simply by eliminating any question about our 'team toughness' and physicality. All this talk about how we 'wouldn't want these guys on our team' is just nuts - akin to people who say they wouldn't take Crosby because he's a crybaby. Or a friend of mine years ago who hated Patrick Roy and swore up and down he wouldn't take him on his team. Craziness.

Haha reminds me of my buddy Timmy who had first pick in our hockey pool last year and didn't pick crosby cause he didnt like him, and went with malkin. Crosby went on to score 32 more points than Malkin, and Timmy would have won the pool if he took Crosby. (Points were all that mattered in the pool)

Holy crap, can you imagine? Subban and Chara on the same pairing would be the best pairing in the league by a mile!

Holy crap, can you imagine? Subban and Chara on the same pairing would be the best pairing in the league by a mile!

yes they'd be amazing...until about may 1st when giraffe legs starts tripping over his size 19's! if boston don't shorten up his icetime, they're toast again

Personality matters. If Lucic had even an ounce of sportsmanship in him... but he's never shown any sign of it. He's just a bully that whines and gets all butthurt when his opponents don't roll over and let him have his way.

Chara... I still think the guy should be in jail. Every time I watch the Pacioretty incident, it's more and more obvious to me that what happened was EXACTLY what Chara intended - a serious head injury to an opponent. He grabbed the back of Pacioretty's head and intentionally guided it into the metal stanchion at full speed. I can't forgive him for that. Like Bertuzzi for his attack on Moore, or Shawn Thornton for his attack on Orpik, except Chara got away with it.

See tons of hits from behind that seem much more premeditated and dangerous than Chara's hit on Max.

But Lucic does seems to be getting more immature all the time.

Chara's hit was a criminal act. It was MUCH worse than the standard hit from behind, the proof being that if the angle had been an inch different Patches would be dead or paralyzed for life. That was the only play I've seen where my first reaction was that the player lying on the ice was dead. Unforgivable, inexcusable, loathsome act by that ape. As for whether it was intentional, the question is a joke. First of all, if I run you over with my car, I pay, irrespective of whether it was reckless endangerment/manslaughter or first-degree murder. But not in the NHL, where you get rewarded for attempted murder by removing a dangerous player from your rivals' lineup just in time for the playoffs. Secondly, Chara had been trying to get Patches for two games prior; Patches said going into that game that he felt like h had a target on his back; and the game was out of reach for Boston - all gigantic red flags. Thirdly, Chara is a veteran pro, who played in that building dozens of times, who knows exactly where he is on the ice and what the implications of his actions are. He's not some wet-behind-the-ears punk who let adrenaline get the best of him.

Perhaps Lucic has been letting his act get out of control. I think it's more that Boston has lost since 2011, so we see a whinier side of him.

Ultimately, none of this is relevant to the question of whether you want 'em on your team. It's not about being sweethearts, it's about frigging winning. If we added them both we would become odds-on favourites to win the Stanley Cup. I'd take that, thanks. Patrick Roy was a wife-beater. I don't hear anyone regretting that he was on our team.

That's the best explanation of the Chara hit I've ever read.....

Maybe Patrick's old lady needed a beatdown once in a while.....God knows the situation there at the Roy house, not all women are saints either, I've been punched, kicked and stabbed at, almost run over with a half ton a couple times, you name it by crazy women, so I don't judge a man easily when labeled with the "wife beater" tag.........

On the Ice Patrick was 100x the man Chara or Lucy are.....

It's just an opinion that Chara and Lucy would make the Habs better(obviously if came free and pre-neutered), like the opinion they would ruin the locker room and our Kharma.... and my opinion is no thanks.....

The Chara hit, imo, was the last straw for the Colin Campbell DoPS regime. Either they were pushed out, or he simply didn't want the job anymore. There's no coincidence that from 2010-Shanahan they were getting away with some cheap shot every single week. Hits from behind, scrums after every whistle, crying in press conferences, that was a disgusting time period to watch hockey. They'll get theirs someday. I really think that this year is their last kick at the can before they go into a decline. Check out their cap geek page, they're going to be in UFA hell next summer, Chara is fading fast and some of the players like Lucic and Marchand that they've heavily invested in are only second liners.

If i could take one player from the Boston Bruins on the Montreal Canadiens, it wouldn't be either of those goons. My favorite Bruin (I feel dirty uttering those words) is Patrice Bergeron. I actually really like how the guy plays the game.

If i could take one player from the Boston Bruins on the Montreal Canadiens, it wouldn't be either of those goons. My favorite Bruin (I feel dirty uttering those words) is Patrice Bergeron. I actually really like how the guy plays the game.

Quebec Nordiques fans have been nothing but trouble for the Habs when we acquire them.

I am still hoping and praying to the great pumpkin that someone hopefully a Hab, but not a critical poiny, breaks that neanderthals forking ankle. Where is Bobby C when you need him.