What trades would you make/find cool?

habs-r-best

If we traded off Rivet to Get Daniel Sedin, and Aebischer for Luongo?

Personally, I think it'd be interesting. And That'd get us a save bonus, and a major attack bonus. I tested this trade on NHL 06 (i know not exactly the same as real life but w/e) and it worked Very Well! It brought the teams overall up by like 6 or 8, and I left a few games on auto, and the habs won all of them.

So now, What are Your Trade Ideas?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a trade could help this team, but seriously, because a trade on nhl 06 brought the team overall up 6 or 8 has absolutely nothing to do with real life...as you kinda said...and Vancouver would never do that trade anyways, just giving you a heads up, trade ideas like that can really rattle people on hockey forums lol

But picking up a guy like Shane Doan or Pavel Datsyuk i think will help this team, anyone else agree?

Edited by habsfan88

Ryder ($2,200,000)

Rivet ($2,470,000 )

Aebischer ($1,900,000)

Murray ($575,000)

to Phoenix for:

Morris ($3,900,000)

Nagy ($3,000,000)

LeNeveu ($585,200)

Then...

Niinimaa ($2,508,000)

LeNeveu ($585,200)

That would open up 2 spots on the roster. One goes to Lapierre, the other to maybe Biron or Kosty, whatever...

Nagy brings much more creativity on offense than Ryder, being able to play all 3 forwards positions and setting up as well as finishing plays. Morris brings much more offense from the blueline and more reliability to the right-side by replacing Rivet there, and also its an insurance policy in case we can't resign Souray next season (we need the offense).

Obviously improving those two positions comes at the loss of goaltending depth, so we'd have to trust a journeyman 2nd stringer to work hard with Rollie Melanson and provide the occasion break for Huet. We still have Danis and Halak in the AHL who can fill in if needs be. The draft pick's just an insurance policy.

Higgins - Koivu - Latendresse

Samsonov - Nagy - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson

Begin - Plekanec - Lapierre

Markov - Komisarek

Souray - Morris

Bouillon - Dandeneault

Huet

backup

Edited by KoZed

how about sheldon souray for jay boumeester !!

I don't know why but I always thought that JB would look great in a habs uniform.

how about sheldon souray for jay boumeester !!

I don't know why but I always thought that JB would look great in a habs uniform.

LOLLLL well I did a lil simulating and traded Souray for B.... :lol: And I'd rather keep Souray :D

Hey let's not forget Beauchemin though in Anaheim.

could everyone keep in mind that in the trades we do not need another goalie. We have 3 amazing goalies behing aebischer. We dont need another goalie in the place of Price or Danis or Halak.

It seems apparent to most that the most pressing problem with the Montreal Canadiens is the lack of second line offence. Which either means a 2nd line centre needs to be found for Kovalev and Samsonov or one of the two of them needs to be moved.

Nagy 6 goals, another playmaker!!(22 assists)

He got to play with superplaymaker samsonov? And nowadays playmaker kovalev?

Just put the normal lines together again, get Lapierre in and give em a hell of a practice. Punish-practice for not showing up, they will be fine!

Allthough i think losing these 2 games can be better for the long run!

I'm impressed. Only one person was mean to the original poster about his trade fantasies (because that's what they are).

I like Nagy as a player, but we have enough playmakers already. I don't much like the idea of trading one of our only goalscorers (though I'm not a fan of his) for another playmaker.

Why not take out that part and make it Rivet and Aebischer for Morris and LeNeveu? Downgrade in net, upgrade on D. Salaries work out beautifully as well. All depends on whether Phoenix is interested in a goalie.

could everyone keep in mind that in the trades we do not need another goalie. We have 3 amazing goalies behing aebischer. We dont need another goalie in the place of Price or Danis or Halak.

Price - not allowed to play in the NHL this season

Halak - barely even has any AHL experience, it's too early to give him NHL time

Danis - fighting to keep the starting job on the farm, not NHL ready

Why not take out that part and make it Rivet and Aebischer for Morris and LeNeveu? Downgrade in net, upgrade on D. Salaries work out beautifully as well. All depends on whether Phoenix is interested in a goalie.

Phoenix isn't desperate for a goalie. I highly doubt they would want to downgrade Morris to Rivet to get a better goalie anyways.

Phoenix isn't desperate for a goalie. I highly doubt they would want to downgrade Morris to Rivet to get a better goalie anyways.

Phoeniz isn't desperate for anything, they're rebuilding. Or atleast should be, anyway. Morris is one of the guys they should be trying to move. The deal would make more sense if we threw in a pick though (top 3 rounds).

Phoeniz isn't desperate for anything, they're rebuilding. Or atleast should be, anyway. Morris is one of the guys they should be trying to move. The deal would make more sense if we threw in a pick though (top 3 rounds).

Yep, thats what they want. Younger guys and picks. They'd be trying to clear cap space.

Does Lapierre play C?

If so, then I'm puzzled as to why he hasn't been tried on the 2nd line. We could have an 'internal solution' to the problem stariung us in the face. No need for trade at that point.

However, I still say a Souray-Datsyuk deal, as was rumoured to be a possibility a few weeks back, makes the most sense - IF we can't keep Souray, which to me is a no-brainer best option.

Nagy's not a playmaker per se. He only has an inordinate amount of passes this season, dont know why... but he's also a sniper. Could score upwards of 30 goals.

As for Morris-Rivet... Morris has 7 pts in 37 games, he's slumping. Its clear PHX would think about parting with him if they can save money and get a #1 goalie that's not 40+ years old. Saying that PHX is rebuilding is a joke though... Roenick, Nolan, Ricci, Perreault, Jovo, Joseph, etc. They're full of oldies and just 8 pts out of a playoffs spot.

The only real bug with my trade proposition is that both Rivet and Aebi are UFAs to be.

I'm impressed. Only one person was mean to the original poster about his trade fantasies (because that's what they are).

I like Nagy as a player, but we have enough playmakers already. I don't much like the idea of trading one of our only goalscorers (though I'm not a fan of his) for another playmaker.

Price - not allowed to play in the NHL this season

Halak - barely even has any AHL experience, it's too early to give him NHL time

Danis - fighting to keep the starting job on the farm, not NHL ready

I talkin about next season.. trade deadline, sorry i didnt specify

If we traded off Rivet to Get Daniel Sedin, and Aebischer for Luongo?

Personally, I think it'd be interesting. And That'd get us a save bonus, and a major attack bonus. I tested this trade on NHL 06 (i know not exactly the same as real life but w/e) and it worked Very Well! It brought the teams overall up by like 6 or 8, and I left a few games on auto, and the habs won all of them.

So now, What are Your Trade Ideas?

Well, if that's the precedent on this thread, screw that. I say trade Janne Niinimaa for Sidney Crosby, and throw in Murray and Downey for Malkin as well. And besides the Sedins are Siamese twins, joined at the contract.

Realistically, Luongo has done nothing in Vancouver that he didn't do in Florida. And that's step up and take the team on his back. Huet has proven he can handle a heavy workload on a nightly basis and deliver quality goaltending, so a trade for another starter isn't necessary. If Aebischer can be dealt for a second line center, I'm all for it, but it's not going to be a one for one deal. It will have to be a package deal, probably with a young player, maybe Andrei Kostitsyn, maybe even Alexander Perezhogin, and there'd have to be a goalie coming back, at least in the short term. I'm not sure they really want to bring up Halak or Denis unless they absolutely have to.

Price can play in the NHL, but only after his WHL season is finished. But I would seriously doubt if he got a call, unless it was an emergency situation.

If moving Bonk up to the second line is a move that works long-term, I think the team needs to shore up the blue line a little, and the Blues' Eric Brewer and Coyotes' Derek Morris are supposedly available. Brewer hasn't been the same since he left Edmonton, but if Samsonov and Kovalev continue to play the way they have been, maybe Samsonov alone could be enough to swing a deal. If not, perhaps a 2nd round pick or another prospect like Corey Locke or Jonathan Ferland could be added to sweeten the deal.

Edited by RobRock

Nagy's not a playmaker per se. He only has an inordinate amount of passes this season, dont know why... but he's also a sniper. Could score upwards of 30 goals.

As for Morris-Rivet... Morris has 7 pts in 37 games, he's slumping. Its clear PHX would think about parting with him if they can save money and get a #1 goalie that's not 40+ years old. Saying that PHX is rebuilding is a joke though... Roenick, Nolan, Ricci, Perreault, Jovo, Joseph, etc. They're full of oldies and just 8 pts out of a playoffs spot.

The only real bug with my trade proposition is that both Rivet and Aebi are UFAs to be.

Not going to argue with you on that. Phoenix, while possesing a lot of older players and an older goaltender, would most likely be trading them away for younger guys in order to clear up cap space. It's the deal overall which I doubt Phoenix does. Like you said Phoenix is only 8 points out and Joseph is doing fine for them. If the Coyotes can move Morris for a defenceman who could be with them for the future that is playing in the NHL, then it makes a little more sense.

Anyways, the Coyotes success lately has been with Jovo out of the lineup. Ballard an co. are getting more ice time and apparently the team is playing better defensively. Can't say I'm surprised. :lol:

I know it pointless doing these things because the guys I would dump are the very same I thought were the best only a couple of months ago. But for fun based off the way things have been going over the last couple of weeks I would say:

Get ready for a rant (I'm overdue)

Rivet is looking terrible again. At present I would go as far as to say he looks like the worst player on the team (not counting the pressbox players Niinimaa, Downey and Murray). This after his strong last year is really odd. It makes me wonder if he's a player that can only perform when the entire team has given up. I can handle his general lack of talent, but when he can't make simple passes or clear bodies like he use to, I'm left asking "what does bring to the team?" If he's injured he should stop being so selfish and take some days off, he's hurting the team with this little soldier routine. The excuses he gave after last nights game also pissed me off. The last thing I want to hear from the guy that was largely responsible for our last two defeats is how well he thinks the other team played. Take some ownership buddy. Niimina should be given more time and the chance to compete for this spot. I suspect that with a bit more time he might really prove to be the better of the two.

One more thing, the sentimental contract and franchise player is overrated. We've seen the proof of this with Jose Theodore. If fans and management get into the habit of thinking this team is a family their are going to get the laziest players in the league. This is business and when a player gets too cozy and stops performing, especially at Rivet's level I see no objections to showing him the door. I felt that way with Theodore, Zednik and even to some extent Koivu. I know in Koivu's case the sentimental reasons were stronger and his play of late makes it look good, but on the flip side will the decision still look good if Koivu gets injured leading up to the playoffs or starts to show his age? I'm still happy we did the classy thing there but th same rules can't be applied for everyone.

Samsonov or Samso"who" after Rivet only because forwards can hide their stink easier although he is still stinking really badly. The only thing I could say about him is that he is new to Montreal and if we look back at the way Bonk and some other notable players started off in this town it might mean that he is still in adjustment. Yet enough is enough, he is going to have to start playing at least like an average player to keep his place here. He has shown some small improvement, but he better keep improving because his level of play doesn't leave any room going back down.

For my two cents, these are two spots in the lineup that I have problems with and could accept letting go. Hopefully they prove me wrong in 2007.

The pressbox players don't get enough ice time to really judge, but eventually either Murray or Downey should be decided on because they are both two sides of the same coin and their pressbox spot is too valuable to squander. Whoever they decide on probably won't make much difference anyway so might as well get it over with.

Not going to argue with you on that. Phoenix, while possesing a lot of older players and an older goaltender, would most likely be trading them away for younger guys in order to clear up cap space. It's the deal overall which I doubt Phoenix does. Like you said Phoenix is only 8 points out and Joseph is doing fine for them. If the Coyotes can move Morris for a defenceman who could be with them for the future that is playing in the NHL, then it makes a little more sense.

Anyways, the Coyotes success lately has been with Jovo out of the lineup. Ballard an co. are getting more ice time and apparently the team is playing better defensively. Can't say I'm surprised. :lol:

Will they get much better for Derek Morris? 3.9M for a slumping player who isn't getting any younger. He must be tough to trade.