Comrie to Sens

Tony

Originally posted by: TSN.ca

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=190679&hubname=

TSN.ca Staff

1/3/2007 10:29:37 AM

The Ottawa Senators have acquired forward Mike Comrie from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for center Alexei Kaigorodov.

Comrie has seven goals and 13 assists in 24 games this season. He missed 14 games earlier this season with a fractured right foot. Since returning, he has recorded nine points in his last 11 games.

Kaigorodov, a second round pick of the Senators in 2002, was signed to a two year deal back in September and appeared in just six games for Ottawa this season, collecting one assist. He was suspended in November for refusing an assignment to Binghampton of the AHL.

The trade comes a day after the Senators lost forward Petr Nedved to the Edmonton Oilers on waivers.

Didn't cost them much since Kaigorodov didn't really pan out as expected but you never know.

I doubt Comrie is a full time solution to Ottawa's centerman (and shaky season) problem.

Oh well, at least Muckler is trying.

Wasn't it Kaigorodov who refused to report to their minor league team and was suspended and/or fined by the Sens, or something like that?

Wasn't it Kaigorodov who refused to report to their minor league team and was suspended and/or fined by the Sens, or something like that?

Yep, it's right there at the bottom of the article. He wants the NHL or nothing at all. With Phoenix, he'll probably get it. Decent move by the Sens though, guess missing out on Nedved ticked them off.

Decent move by the Sens though, guess missing out on Nedved ticked them off.

I think ottawa are better that way.

phoenix his the 1st team this year to give up their playoffs hopes( well duhhh). I'm a bit surpirsed that such a trade didn't invilve draft picks.

I guess both team think they screwed the other.

Edited by marky_and_komi

• 3 weeks later...
LOL well I guess everyone who said it would be a smart move for the Sens, you're right... :P

Comrie will cause problems when the going gets tough you can be sure that the Sens will go almost no where in the playoffs.

i expect that comrie will be gone at the end of the season... where?... no idea... i think he's a sort of rent-a-gun

GO :hlogo: GO!