Calendar Trivia

Fanpuck33

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/3, not bad. The Mahovlich did not score.

it was Lambert...

Nope. YOu got one of three correct. Tretiak.

From what I know of the game, Tretiak should have received all 3 stars. Dryden was comparatively weak - 3 goals on 13 shots, I believe.

I believe the game was played at top speed throughout, so I'll say Cournoyer and Kharlamov (sp?) for the other 2 stars.

From what I know of the game, Tretiak should have received all 3 stars. Dryden was comparatively weak - 3 goals on 13 shots, I believe.

I believe the game was played at top speed throughout, so I'll say Cournoyer and Kharlamov (sp?) for the other 2 stars.

Yes Dryden was brutual. Something like 3 goals on 17 shots. He was always brutal in international competion.

Cournoyer and Tretiak are correct. Who was the third?

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm horrible at keeping up with daily calendars.

Jan 26: Name the six members of the Canadiens who represented Canada at the 1972 Summt Series against the Soviet Union.

Jan 29: The 1971 draft was the first NHL draft in which the first two overall picks became Hall of Famers. Detroit chose Marcel Dionne with the second selection, who did the Canadiens take first overall?

I'll go two at a time till we're caught up.

1. Savard, Dryden, Cournoyer, Lapointe for sure...

the last two are educated guesses, ill go with Pete and Frank Mahovlich?

2. Guy Lafleur was taken 1st overall in 71.

Correct for both questions. On to the next two:

Jan 31: In the 1968 Amatuer Draft, the Canadiens selected the first three overall picks. Name them.

Feb 2: From which team did the Canadiens acquire future Hall of Fame goaltender Ken Dryden in a trade in 1964?

Dryden was acquired from Boston, I believe.

1. Michel Plasse - Montreal Canadiens

2. Roger Belisle - Montreal Canadiens

3. Jim Pritchard - Montreal Canadiens

Yup.

Feb. 5: From 1955-56 through 1957-58, two Montreal Canadiens players won the Vezina and Norris trophies three consecutive seasons. Name them.

Feb. 7: Which two Canadiens players won the Vezina and Norris Trophies in 1988-89?