Gosh was Ohio State overrated

Pierre the Great

GATORS WIN, GATORS WIN, GATORS WIN!!!!!

Anyone who told me the Gators didn't belong can kiss my ass, I knew we had a chance all along. What I didn't think was that Chris(t) Leak would have the Game. Of. His. Life. Urban Meyer is a football genious and I knew our defense would give Ohio State fits. What I didn't expect was a blowout.

FLORIDA GATORS, YOUR DEFENDING NCAA FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL CHAMPS!

Sorry for the Caps guys, obviously I'm f****** ecstatic and I'm just a teensy bit tipsy (had to celebrate somehow ;))

my question how does a kid from Calgary become a Florida gators fan?

lol, I laugh at that myself.

During their first rise to glory, they were everywhere in the media and my dad had me watching a lot of football at a young age (I was a hardcore Stamps fan by the age of 5) and I noticed one day that my elementary school had the same logo as the Gators so I decided to pick them as my college team. I was 6 years old and I've been a huge fan ever since.

ah I see. Yeah here in the states you root for your state's big team.

live in Ohio you root for Ohio State

Indiana-Indiana

Minnesota-Minnesota

Boise State-Idaho

Washington- Washington (except in Spokane then its Washington State)

Illinois- U of I

Missouri- Mizzou

Tennessee- Tennessee

then when you got multiple major teams its split into regions.

Alabama/Auburn

Florida/Florida St/Miami

A team that averages 400 yards per game is held to just 82. 35 yards passing, 47 yards rushing. Troy Smith never looked comfortable and I can thank the front 4 for that. Thats as good of a defensive game I've seen out of a Gators squad ever.

YEAH!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Oh yeah, just to add, I'm not saying all of that because I thought Ohio State was undeserving or overrated or anything. They're not, they've got a hell of a football team and they'll be NC contenders again very soon (next season). I'm just pointing out the kind of job the Florida defense did against what is supposed to be an unstoppable offense.

Nothings unstoppable, an iceberg back in 1912 proved that.

people say Boise State was in a cup cake league therefore didn't deserve to belong with the big boys. Well I'm here to say the Big 10 is a cup cake league. Michigan got killed, Ohio State got killed. So much for Big 10 'dominance'. Heck I'd say the WAC is better then the big 10. Nobody wants to play Hawaii and Boise State with there offense.

people say Boise State was in a cup cake league therefore didn't deserve to belong with the big boys. Well I'm here to say the Big 10 is a cup cake league. Michigan got killed, Ohio State got killed. So much for Big 10 'dominance'. Heck I'd say the WAC is better then the big 10. Nobody wants to play Hawaii and Boise State with there offense.

Yeah, the Big 10 is really getting a lot of crap over at this college football forum I go too, mostly because of it's lack of speed. A month ago though everyone was praising the Big 10 for being such a killer conference. None of the Big 10 teams seemed to be able to execute well in their Bowl games but they certainly aren't bad teams. It's just a learning curve, I'd still watch out for Ohio State and Michigan next season. They'll be hungry and now they've got some experience to learn from.

live in Ohio you root for Ohio State

False. I live in Ohio and I hate Ohio State with all my heart. Only reason I rooted for them tonight was because Urban Meyer turned down the Notre Dame job and Chris Leak chose Florida over Notre Dame. OSU was just plain awful tonight. They looked like Notre Dame out there: a highly overrated team with a poorly coached defense. OSU ran the prevent defense with three down linemen all night, just terrible game planning. Never though Tressel would lay an egg like that.

Heck I'd say the WAC is better then the big 10. Nobody wants to play Hawaii and Boise State with there offense.

Hawaii has no defense either.

BOISE STATE FOR NATIONAL CHAMPS! Undefeated, won their BCS game, they deserve at least a few votes.

Big 10 a killer conference? LOL LOL LOL

They only had two good teams in the league but both were inflated by Big 10 crush media egos.

Yeah but those guys are always back and forth with their opinions. At the same time, 90% said Florida had no business being in the same building as Ohio State. Now it's all "I knew Florida would kill Ohio State!".

Please, atleast give Florida a teensy bit of credit. You were wrong, admit it!. :rolleyes:

I think the combined age is 15 though since it's a sub forum at gamefaqs.

So who do you root for then Fanpuck? (locally)

My dad's a O-State fan (passing fan not really a fan just hey its ohio!) only because he grew up in Akron. If the Brownies were any good he'd watch them too just because. I remember the Indians good years for example.

I was a Mizzou fan then had a couple bad experiences at the Mizzou campus, the whole Laurie thing, and I'm tired of homers. I wish SLU well and SIU-Carbondale since well thats my 'home base' (don't consider Stl my 'home' because family doesn't live here even though I've grown up completely in STL)

I root for the Canucks since they're the only team in the Pacific Northwest.

I root for the Seahawks, Huskies, BC Lions etc.

Ah the conclusion of the biggest farce in North American Sports, College Football.

While the passion of the fans is unmatched (i got to experience "The Big House" for myself), the greedy people at the NCAA have failed to allow this to be considered a real competition. This is right up there with figure skating in the olympics for biggest joke in sports in my books.

I'm a Michigan fan, and I was incredibly upset when we lost to Florida, and even more upset when we lost to USC...

I am really happy that Ohio state lost though!! Congrats Gators, you deserved it.

If there is every a playoff system in place ill become a Michigan fan, right now i just watch them if they are on.

Hail to the Victors!

I'm a big Michigan fan so -obviously- I'm not sad for OSU. One of my friend who is a OSU graduate sent me this email :

Yeah! The stars were aligned all against OSU and in favor of UF yeterday!!!

Ginn, the star receiver and kick and punt returner hurt his foot in the end zone after his kick return for TD 15 seconds into the game (his big teammate tackled him in the end zone to congratulate him !), the young good receiver Robiskie could not concentrate on the game because his father just got fired by the Cleveland Browns where he was their wide receivers' coach, UF was so pumped up because nobody gave them a chance to win, and lots of people said they did not deseve to play in this game, that Michigan was stolen its spot. Above that, Meyer outcoached Tressel and outmotivated his players, and the UF players executed to the pefection, while the OSU players sure did not. The way they played, the UF players appeared more talented.

. . . and the referees were clearly favoring UF !!!!!!!

I like the reffing comment, especially when everyone knows they missed a huge holding call on Nelson for Ginn's return. :lol:

Oh well, people can say what they want, it doesn't change the fact the Florida Gators are National Champions. Damn, that feels good to say. Always good when your team wins something. Woo!

Ever been to gainsville Jets? Not the greatest of places imo

I wouldn't imagine it is, never been there. I've been looking into attending UF but it really isn't feasible, money I don't have. Easier to live at home and go to U of C.

I like the reffing comment, especially when everyone knows they missed a huge holding call on Nelson for Ginn's return. :lol:

Yeah, I kept waiting for the flag but it never came. I'll agree that the refs weren't very good, but it really did go both ways. Missed that hold, and botched the TD review. Florida would have scored anyways, but the guy was down before the ball crossed the plane. Given that they were PAC-10 refs, though, I predicted they'd botch that call.

Oh well, people can say what they want, it doesn't change the fact the Florida Gators are National Champions. Damn, that feels good to say. Always good when your team wins something. Woo!

But would they beat Boise State? We'll never know...