Gosh was Ohio State overrated

Pierre the Great

wow. they look like a high school team out there. Somebody please for humanities sake send a virus to the BCS computers so they are inoperable.

too bad we can't have a tournament of the far superior teams of boise state, lsu, usc and florida.

i doubt that they were over-rated... they were given this rating by the same people who rate teams every year.

my guess is that they 'picked' the ultimately bad time to have a bad game.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Yeah, I kept waiting for the flag but it never came. I'll agree that the refs weren't very good, but it really did go both ways. Missed that hold, and botched the TD review. Florida would have scored anyways, but the guy was down before the ball crossed the plane. Given that they were PAC-10 refs, though, I predicted they'd botch that call.

Yeah, agreed, it clearly wasn't a TD, I don't know what the refs were looking at. Tebow would've shoved it in next play anyway but that definitely wasn't a TD.

I'd be more then willing to see a Florida/Boise State game, I think it'd be a better football game then yesterdays and we'd still have a good shot at winning.

ah I see. Yeah here in the states you root for your state's big team.

live in Ohio you root for Ohio State

Indiana-Indiana

Minnesota-Minnesota

Boise State-Idaho

Washington- Washington (except in Spokane then its Washington State)

Illinois- U of I

Missouri- Mizzou

Tennessee- Tennessee

then when you got multiple major teams its split into regions.

Alabama/Auburn

Florida/Florida St/Miami

Colorado -- You've got nothing but indoor lacrosse and arena football!! :clap:

i doubt that they were over-rated... they were given this rating by the same people who rate teams every year.

my guess is that they 'picked' the ultimately bad time to have a bad game.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Playoff system in 2011. That's when the TV deal with the BCS runs out. (Then, of course, the rose bowl is still with ABC.)

I wouldn't imagine it is, never been there. I've been looking into attending UF but it really isn't feasible, money I don't have. Easier to live at home and go to U of C.

well its a college town in the middle of the state. At least with Florida State you are near beaches and stuff but Gainesville is flat out ugly and boring. A lot of students have drinking problems there they did a story on the university once I think its because the place is in rural Florida which is flat out ugly. There is a reason why they call it the 'swamp'.

well I shouldn't call it a dump but North (inland) Florida comes off that way. Not very pretty, in fact most of Florida isn't pretty at all I think its the ugliest state to be honest. People think of Florida and think of white sandy beaches they're wrong. I a lot of the south is ugly imo. I think there's southern pride down there only because the people down there take pride that they're able to live in such a horrible place. I scratch my head and say the Confederacy was fighting for this? You've got to be kidding me.

Obviously some teams play better without playing all the time, the big tens proved all season they were the top teams. Having a month off does a lot to a team and thats why i think bowl games should be moved up. An example is in hockey, over the christmas break, you always worry about coming out flat, think about if they had as long as college football.

It has nothing to do with breaks, every has team has a super long break. I think Ohio State's was 51 days compared to Florida's 37. The problem is the Big 10 teams fooled everyone into thinking they're good, the same way Notre Dame does. Look at the teams the Buckeyes played, only three were ranked at the time they played them. Texas, Michigan, Penn State and Iowa, not really a fearsome group. How about Wisconsin? They played ONE ranked team, a fellow Big 10 team who they lost to, Michigan. Then there's Michigan who only played Notre Dame (who proved they shouldn't play ranked teams, they stink against them) and Ohio State.

The top 3 Big 10 teams played a combined 7 ranked teams, 4 of which were only fellow Big 10 teams. I'm not saying the Big 10 was horrible but they got way too much credit then they deserved this season. Look what happened when they played real teams (I'm sorry but Texas didn't impress me this year. And I'm a pretty decent Longhorns fan). They went 2-5 in their Bowl games with their biggest teams both getting crushed.

It has nothing to do with breaks, every has team has a super long break.

I wouldn't go that far, I think it was obvious how flat Ohio State and Michigan were. Seven weeks of practice compared to Florida's 5 weeks of practice is significant. The first two weeks while OSU could only practice, Florida was playing meaningful games. I would blame the loss more on OSU's poor gameplan, but I do think the break played a role. Just another reason they should have a playoff. Start it the first week of December and the thing would end the same time it does now.

They fooled everyone into thinking they're good, the same way Notre Dame does.

Notre Dame didn't fool anybody. Everyone knew they were over-rated. I'm the biggest Notre Dame fan you'll meet, and I knew they'd get slaughtered. Their experience offensive line was lousy all season and Rick Minter's defensive gameplans are horrible. You'll never convince me their defence is bad because of speed, I don't believe it for a second that everyone else is that much faster. Their defensive schemes and reaction time is the problem, and that is coaching. They already tried getting UCLA's defensive coordinator, but he just moved his family their last year, and didn't want to move them again. With any luck, they'll find someone else to replace Minter.

I hardly think a couple weeks of practice makes much of a difference considering the supposed difference in talent. When they were supposed to wipe the field with us, trying to put even a bit of it on a couple extra weeks of practice is just a tad lame.

By fooling people, I mean the media. Fans already know that Notre Dame is nothing special yet they were top 10 for most of the year in the polls and I read a few articles pitching for Notre Dame to play Ohio State on Monday. :rolleyes: