Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 01/13/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people settle down its a day game probably half the guys were still asleep when the game started.

Come on PtG, the Habs are playing like shit and the Sens are putting on two clinics: "How to Capatilize on Every Chance You Get" and "The Proper Way To Forecheck"

Whew Abby stopped him, thanks Abby you are playing fairly well. I say start Abby next game, let Huet rest.

Yup, Huet is starting to get a burn on the back of neck with all that red light in the last few games.

This is not a one game problem, Montreal has played well beyong their capabilities this year and now they have to learn to make some offensive plays. You can only play the cycle game for so long before the other teams adapt and reduce its effectiveness.

Did anyone see that breakaway? Vermette skated right past both defenders while they watched. Why didn't they squeeze him out? :clap:

Unreal, Carbo better beat the hell out of the garbage can after this game and I really hope the Montreal media comes down hard. This midseason slack off always happens and it is really unacceptable.

. . .

I in know way want to 'jynx' anything, i know Habsworld is essentially superstitious, but I think the Habs have hit the low point of the season.

I don't see how it can get much worse than allowing 8 goals by a division rival.

We have all-star defensemen, all-star goaltending, 500-pt captains made of raw courage, the #1 stickhandler in the NHL, a pack of rising rookie stars, moving brick walls for defensemen, snipers and the best coaching staff and GM you could ever hope to get.

And still... we lose by a margin of 8-3.

Yeah. Low point.

Edited by Cataclaw

Yeah. Low point.

On the bright side there are 23 people REALLY ANGRY with themselves right now. Hopefully they are super angry.

On the other bright side, this could be the "dog days of winter". Hopefully we can achieve at least .5 in january. Habs tend to catch white hot down the stretch.

i hope they feel like shit...towards the end i was hoping for the sens to score more...make the wound bigger...but i think Gainey is going to take things into hands...take care of some unproductive players...expect things to move...the Russians need to go...(man i was so excited when we got Samsonov...what a let down)

Detroit are going to be difficult...when the last time The habs won in Detroit??

Come on PtG, the Habs are playing like shit and the Sens are putting on two clinics: "How to Capatilize on Every Chance You Get" and "The Proper Way To Forecheck"

Yeah I'm not doubting that they're stinking it up out there but come on this was just one game. If the come out next time and do the same then you should start to worry a bit.