~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Got Halo but I haven't been able to get into an online game yet. Help?

I went through all the matchmaking combos and such and while it loads up with all player slots filled (without saying who the players are) it reverts back to searching for a match instead of loading me into a game. Maybe I'm just a big newb but I'm worried there may be another problem?

I was able to join a game that one of my friends was playing (custom game - not ranked). So I've played online, but can't join in on any old match.

I just tried going online right now and everytime I sign in the friends screen freezes and I can't control anything. Like I can see a message has been sent to me but there's no way I can read it. Very annoying and now I'm starting to become worried. :unsure:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried going online right now and everytime I sign in the friends screen freezes and I can't control anything. Like I can see a message has been sent to me but there's no way I can read it. Very annoying and now I'm starting to become worried. :unsure:

I was having some trouble with xbox live in general as well - maybe they've got some quirkz to fix? I'll be on tomorrow sometime to see if the situation is any better I guess.

Nevermind, I finally fixed it. :rolleyes:

I was having some trouble with xbox live in general as well - maybe they've got some quirkz to fix? I'll be on tomorrow sometime to see if the situation is any better I guess.

Maybe you weren't doing something right? I'll be on as well most likely.

Serious question here:

Do you guys still have to pay to play online??

Yes. 60 bucks for a year of live. Not that bad a price IMO.

Anyone else having trouble signing into Live? I go on and I know I'm "online" because it tells me which friends are online as well - but in the menus it still tells me to connect to xbox live (and I can't actually access my friends list or messages and such).

Anyone else having trouble signing into Live? I go on and I know I'm "online" because it tells me which friends are online as well - but in the menus it still tells me to connect to xbox live (and I can't actually access my friends list or messages and such).

I saw you online but you had just gone off once I signed on. I'll go back on now. The only problem I have is it sort of does what you are saying. Mine just freezes(just the friends screen etc. The game is working fine and same with the music in the background). It takes a few secomds to get going. Maybe you just have to wait?

Also, when I mean wait..I mean like 35 seconds or so. ;)

I saw you online but you had just gone off once I signed on. I'll go back on now. The only problem I have is it sort of does what you are saying. Mine just freezes(just the friends screen etc. The game is working fine and same with the music in the background). It takes a few secomds to get going. Maybe you just have to wait?

Also, when I mean wait..I mean like 35 seconds or so. ;)

I left it for a few minutes. It logs me in and out all the time... Try sending me some sort of game invite - that seemed to fix it last night. (I'll be back on in a minute - for me to access the computer I have to take my ethernet cable out of xbox and put it on the pc... lol so I can't do both at once).

I left it for a few minutes. It logs me in and out all the time... Try sending me some sort of game invite - that seemed to fix it last night. (I'll be back on in a minute - for me to access the computer I have to take my ethernet cable out of xbox and put it on the pc... lol so I can't do both at once).

I've been doing the exact same thing! I'm constantly switching between my laptop and 360 and everytime I sign on it says I missed you by about 2 minutes. Then I turn off the xbox ans stick the ethernet cable back in here to talk here. :P

Just stay on live now! ;)

Yesterday was crazy. Gaming marathon was what we had yesterday all day long!

We have to do this again with Pierre... :lol:

sure. can only do it on weekends now with school in all but i do my schedule to where i don't have class on fridays. :P

Of course. I had no class on Fridays last semester but this semester it's Thursdays. Friday I have two classes now unfortunately. :rolleyes:

We'll get a game of Gears in tomorrow though if possible.

Is there such a thing as online-console-cross-breeding ?

I played COD4 on PS3 and Xbox... and I saw no difference. Why couldn't ps3 users play vs 360 users?

Beats me. I've thought the same thing. I guess it's each systems layout of live. Xbox is way better and has it's it's own setup and PS3 is obviously different.

Beats me. I've thought the same thing. I guess it's each systems layout of live. Xbox is way better and has it's it's own setup and PS3 is obviously different.

LOL, well, as far as COD4 is concerned, there is no difference in the layout, etc...

Is there such a thing as online-console-cross-breeding ?

I played COD4 on PS3 and Xbox... and I saw no difference. Why couldn't ps3 users play vs 360 users?

Yeah, that's true - same w. NHL 08, they've just been ported over into different programming languages I think

More than likely it's because of the Terms of Service. PS3 users don't have to sign Xbox's terms of service ( which you do when you sign up for live ) and vice versa. Xbox and PS3 would have no control over people from the other console which can lead to big problems. That and I'm sure Mircosoft and Sony despise one another :lol:

More than likely it's because of the Terms of Service. PS3 users don't have to sign Xbox's terms of service ( which you do when you sign up for live ) and vice versa. Xbox and PS3 would have no control over people from the other console which can lead to big problems. That and I'm sure Mircosoft and Sony despise one another :lol:

Well obviously. However the layout of the 360 is better. Right? Riiiiiight?

;)

and to a certain limit, why couldn't they then have a "per game terms of service"... you agree to a uniform terms of service for e.g. COD4... and you can play vs PC, 360 and PS3.

it must have to do with the programming. I'm a bit clueless (as my questions might show!) I don't even know why consoles OR computer still exist... I could do the same thing on my console as I could do on my cpu... and vice versa to a certain extent (provided similar games get on the PC)