D pairing

CoRvInA

its been apparent to me that when the puck is close to the net and there is a skirmish to get to the puck and its bouncing like Beyonce deriere... neither of those two are really capable of getting it on their stick (they are too tall or slow for that kind of minimal play)

I know that Markov and Komi are the top pairing defensive players so for most of the time they are reserved for those tasks.... that leaves Dandy and bouillon Meaning Bouillon is the only smallish Dman that is good at clearing at point blank Streit is need back there to Pair at times with Souray and Rivet

Any thoughts?

I don't think it has to do with there height, it's more they are slow, out of position and can't win a battle. I would rather have Streit then Bouillon, he has done nothing all year in any zone.

I agree with ya Chris ... I like l'il Bouillon, but man, he's not doing much this year. Still rusty from that injury or something.....

I'm pretty sure he's still injured. he doesn't seem confortable.

Carbonneau had tried to break up Souray-Rivet for a few games in December. Bouillon played with Rivet and Dandenault with Souray. I had liked the experiment for the reasons noted in the first comments in this thread. I had hoped these new pairings might add some speed and increased athleticism to the defence combos. The added speed might have helped Bouillon and Dandenault add some punch to the attack in the offensive zone while Souray and Rivet could hang back due to their lack of speed.

Seems that way because although he did not have a training camp he should be in fine form by now.

he seems to be doing well tonight (the buffalo game)...

GO :hlogo: GO!

he seems to be doing well tonight (the buffalo game)...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Yeah Frank was good tonight you can tell he is playing well when he engages offensive players along the boards on the other hand when he plays passive and tentative as he did against Detroit against Datsuyk he makes himself appear like a freighted little kitten.

• 3 weeks later...