puck7x

I notice a few of you guys have used avatars which are too big for the screen (for this forum to be viewed properly) , so I've decided to help out...

If anyone on this forum needs an avatar, or needs an avatar image resized, or needs me to host an avatar (not on HW account, why waste space? :) ... but on cheap little geocities one) just ask...

If you want a specific habs player, just ask! ... Even if you want a joke picture that requires photoshop, ask and I'll (and wheoever else) will see what they can do to help...

Thanks...

If anyone needs some photoshoped pics, I used to work on a Half-Life mod, so I can do some stuff for ya. My email's sarentov@hotmail.com, throw me something with what you want, and I'll have it up for ya.

Where the hell do you guys find these avatars anyways? Just post a link to a jpeg??

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Where the hell do you guys find these avatars anyways?  Just post a link to a jpeg??

Yes it has to be a link to a picture from a website (you can't upload a pic from your harddrive)

If you have a chance can somebody, make me an avatar of Guy Lafleur....an action shot with his hair blowin in the wind would be cool.

Thanks in advace since I'll be out of the Country for a week.:/):ghg::hlogo:

Got you a Ryder pic Bonavista Man , hope you like it. And I resized your avatar Fanpuck33 ...

Guy10: I didnt find any Lafleur action pics, but I'll keep looking.

Zow: What do you mean where do we find them? Some of them I make myself, all of them I resize, then upload somewhere...

Thanks for taking care of my avatar puck.

I found a couple of Guy Lafleur pics that Guy10 might like. They need some resizing, but they look like pretty decent action shots to me.

http://www.joyofhockey.com/66609.jpg

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=...162&item=358760

http://www.neutralzonehockey.com/photos/lafleur.htm

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Thanks for taking care of my avatar puck.

I found a couple of Guy Lafleur pics that Guy10 might like.  They need some resizing, but they look like pretty decent action shots to me.

http://www.joyofhockey.com/66609.jpg

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=...162&item=358760

http://www.neutralzonehockey.com/photos/lafleur.htm

Thanks for the great finds. I used one of them for Guy10's avatar, hope he likes it...

btw tip for all: If you use geocities you need to rename your jpg/bmp/whatever's into txt files for them to work when you hotlink (use them on a site other then your geocities account) them here.

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

I would love a Koivu pick

You've got one now I see, but do you still want another? Like an action shot of Koivu?

I actually found a few using google. Old news paper pics that all seem to be the right size.

But thank you anyway :/)

Being the official poobag of HabsWorld I think I need to find a suitable picture for my avatar...the journey for this avatar is going to be long and gruesome. LOL

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

If you have photo shop why don't you chamge the logo on Don's hat to :hlogo:

just a suggestion

I think the point Puck is making is that Cherry hates the Habs, or is a Bruin fan, or is really not appreciated by Puck (or the Montreal Canadiens' fans in the community).

'm sure I'd rather have Cherry rooting against me than talking smack to every other team in the league, and thus making the Habs a hated team

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse
Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

If you have photo shop why don't you chamge the logo on Don's hat to :hlogo:

just a suggestion

I think the point Puck is making is that Cherry hates the Habs, or is a Bruin fan, or is really not appreciated by Puck (or the Montreal Canadiens' fans in the community).

'm sure I'd rather have Cherry rooting against me than talking smack to every other team in the league, and thus making the Habs a hated team

Actually the point of the avatar is that Don Cherry is wearing a visor, Don Cherry hates visors... Its pretty simple.

Originally posted by puck7x

Actually the point of the avatar is that Don Cherry is wearing a visor, Don Cherry hates visors... Its pretty simple.

LMAO.. wow i must be slow, i didn't noticed the visor :wall:

haha good one :lol:

Originally posted by Spider-Man NL

I posted a bunch of habs avatars in the Canadiens board on metroboards ( most of them I got from other sites).

I would post them here,but I'm not quite sure how to do it.:?-

Its easy to post images from the internet onto forums...

2 Methods... the usual way, and the way on HW forums (XMB board) ...

<B>1st Way</b>

Find the picture on the net that you want to use, right click on the image and click "properties" , you'll see a box come up, and you'll see a URL ... Copy the URL....

Now to get that image in your post, you'll need to type out a basic code...

< img src="----------" >

(Remove the spaces at the front and back of the code in final product!!!) The URL of the image goes where the "--------"'s are.

<b>2nd Way</b>

When your posting a message on HW (when your writing it), look above the area where you are writing the text, you'll see a bunch of botton, press the one that looks like a picture fram (its yellow, landscape on it) ... Now paste your URL in there ... (Same way you get URL in the first method)

Simple...