Deadline Deals 2007

jetsniper

I don't know that Berard will get picked up. The Jackets have been shopping him for weeks, and haven't had anyone step up to the plate. It tells me that his surgically repaired back is still bothering him, as evidenced by his recent scratches from the lineup. He's similar offensively to Souray when healthy, but he's been lousy since coming back this year. Plus, he is horrible in the defensive end. He was the Jacket's worst +/- last season, 11 worse than the next lowest on the team. Even on last year's Jackets, -29 in 44 games in absolutely awful.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/index.asp?rd=1

Yep, Zednik's an Islander for a 2nd rounder.

Eklund... :lol:

confirmed, zednik to Islanders..

that's substraction by additon :P

I don't know that Berard will get picked up. The Jackets have been shopping him for weeks, and haven't had anyone step up to the plate. It tells me that his surgically repaired back is still bothering him, as evidenced by his recent scratches from the lineup. He's similar offensively to Souray when healthy, but he's been lousy since coming back this year. Plus, he is horrible in the defensive end. He was the Jacket's worst +/- last season, 11 worse than the next lowest on the team. Even on last year's Jackets, -29 in 44 games in absolutely awful.

you kinda forgot to mention that he got 32 pts in these 44 games... over a full 82 games season, that's nearly 60 pts (22 goals, 38 assists)

CBS was way worse than the Habs are... so I guess he'd have a Souray-ish +/-

you kinda forgot to mention that he got 32 pts in these 44 games... over a full 82 games season, that's nearly 60 pts (22 goals, 38 assists)

I'm not forgetting it at all, I'm just say his poor defense outweighs his offense. In 44 games last year, he was on the ice for 39 goals against at even strength or while the Jackets were on the PP. In other words, he was a part of more goals against than goals for. Souray has only been on the ice for 27 even strength or while the Habs are on the PP in 63 games. I'm not saying Souray is a good defender, but Berard is much worse.

I'm not forgetting it at all, I'm just say his poor defense outweighs his offense. In 44 games last year, he was on the ice for 39 goals against, not inlcuding shorthanded goals. In other words, he was a part of more goals against than goals for.

just like every other BJ player ? ^_^

Zednik traded to the Islanders...one of those teams the Habs are fighting with to get into the playoffs :angry:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197782&hubname=

Washington got a better pick than Habs got from them

you really think he'll make a difference? They're better off playing Asham than Zednik IMO.

Jason King and a 2nd in 07 to Chicago for Bryan Smolinski.

Godd job Nonis. :clap:

Let's see if it's finally official....

Jason King and a 2nd in 07 to Chicago for Bryan Smolinski.

Godd job Nonis. :clap:

Let's see if it's finally official....

I may be wrong but that appears to be complete BS. It was reported on a Canucks fan site saying he got it from a Sportsnet text message...yet Sportsnet has nothing on their website.

also...very minor deal.

Senators acquire Nycholat for Hedlund

I may be wrong but that appears to be complete BS. It was reported on a Canucks fan site saying he got it from a Sportsnet text message...yet Sportsnet has nothing on their website.

also...very minor deal.

Senators acquire Nycholat for Hedlund

What I thought, but other sources like Thefourthperiod and even the team 1040 say it's close but yep..let's await the official word......

Dreger on TSN just reported that's it's not yet done but it's very likely and it could be announced this evening. Take it for what it's worth..

This always happens to the Nucks.....

TSN's panel says it's done, just awaiting some cap technicality. Probably Chouinard clearing tomorrow at 8am pacific. ;)

Welcome back Sopel. Smolinski is official. Great news.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Pyatt

Cooke - Morrison - Linden

Naslund - Smolinski - Bulis

Burrows - Green - Cowan

Ohlund - Salo

Mitchell - Bieksa

Sopel - Krajicek

Luongo

Sabourin

Not too shabby. Especially when Kes returns. ^_^

Strange trade. Calder was one of Philly's best players this season.

:huh:

Now I don't watch many eastern conference games, but from what I've heard from Flyer fans, is that he's been okay. A lot of them were expecting him to be moved as well....

:huh:

Now I don't watch many eastern conference games, but from what I've heard from Flyer fans, is that he's been okay. A lot of them were expecting him to be moved as well....

well.. I believe he's under contract next season. He started off the season very slowly but then had a hot streak and had been Philly's best player for a while. Maybe he'd cooled down or something because it's not like he's old or anything.

well.. I believe he's under contract next season. He started off the season very slowly but then had a hot streak and had been Philly's best player for a while. Maybe he'd cooled down or something because it's not like he's old or anything.

Oh who cares.

Smokes and Sopes! :D