Jack Todd's Solution: Bring up Halak!

smon

Any goalie that shuts the door until the first goal would be acceptable.

But i don't think Jack Todd has seen much of Halak except stats.

And the shots and players comes a lot faster in the NHL than the AHL why burn the kid right now?

Panic

Desperation

Hope

Prayer

Welcome to Habs Nation 2007

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd is a bozo - you get no special hockey insight from him, his job is just to 'represent the average fan,' i.e., speak from rage/panic/hysteria/ecstasy or whatever the reigning emotion is.

I also think Gainey can't really bring up Halak without dealing Aebischer first. Not because it's impossible - he could send down Lapierre and carry three goalies for as long as he wants to try out Halak - but because any market value Aebischer has (and I think he still has some) would evaporate the instant you play an AHLer ahead of him.

this is a op-ed solution. It sounds cute and presents a magical upside, but presents huge practical difficulties and has like a 5% chance of breaking even. The GM who does this and doesn't succeed probably gets fired... and probably should be fired even if it does work.

any one remember patrick roy. He came in unheralded and stole the job.

what's your point? we're talking completely different situations here.

Todd's idea is crazy.

The habs are already in shit, lets try this out and lets see how it works out, we never know, most of the times during players first games in the NHL are sometimes too nervous, or sometimes very confident and give 100%...

This is ridiculous... Huet is the #1 goalie and it should stay like that. The players leaving him out to dry is what started his mediocre play... i said it in the beginning of the season and ill say it again, in order for Huet to play well and get his confidence back, he has to play more than 1 game a week. Stop playing Abby, Huet is the #1 goalie.

Huet sucks the book is out on him. Just shoot. that's what the book says.

Didn't Abby just get that shot? He played 5 of our last 7 games and won only 2.

huet started 14 of the last 16 before that and won only 4...

(not exact stats, but I think it's something like that.)

Since Jan 1st:

Huet - 11 games, 7 losses

Aebiecher - 10 games, 7 losses

Congradulations, you and Aebischer4life can now get married and live happily ever after. :lol:

People who are blaming Huet are making me laugh, it's like they don't even watch the damn sport.

I could say the same about you :)

Huet is terrible lately. he's got a .880 sv% and a 3.33 gaa... or close to that. only beaten in mediocrity by Theo.

prove me wrong.

I could say the same about you :)

Huet is terrible lately. he's got a .880 sv% and a 3.33 gaa... or close to that. only beaten in mediocrity by Theo.

prove me wrong.

And that has nothing to do with who is playing in front of him right? I am not going to get into a long drawn out argument with someone who doesn't even mention the other 5 players on the ice, it's not worth my time.

And that has nothing to do with who is playing in front of him right? I am not going to get into a long drawn out argument with someone who doesn't even mention the other 5 players on the ice, it's not worth my time.

Did Luongo ever have a good team in front of him (while he was in Florida)?

a good goalie can still make the saves even if his team is not playing that well...

a good goalie doesn't let in a fair shot in between the pads like he did on 1st loss vs the Sens. that just killed the team confidence, if they had any. They played on their heal for the whole game after that.

Did Luongo ever have a good team in front of him?

a good goalie can still make the saves even if his team is not playing that well...

a good goalie doesn't let in a fair shot in between the pads like he did on 1st loss vs the Sens. that just killed the team confidence, if they had any. They played on their heal for the whole game after that.

One thing I know from the 20+ seasons I played thus far is that all players go through streaks and slumps in the course of a long season. This is something no one can control. I went through my share of streaks and slumps and you know what, I never planned a single one. No changes in workout schedule, workload, diet,.. and all of a sudden you're hot/not.

Huet is going through a slump. Not his choise.

Cut him some slack, allow him to work out of this slump.

You're correct when you say there's a book on Huet. Calgary's goalie coach David Marcoux has a book on all goalies in the league ;)

Just relax, you should be happy with a goalie of Huet's calibre.

He is the real thing. And trust me on this one, Cristobal Huet is one great goalie.

:hlogo: icon12.gif#39 :hlogo:

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...645&k=73017

I just put the parts in related to the Canadiens.

Anyways, interesting point of view. Obviously the stuff about the Canadiens, well, just not being that good of a team right now have an element of truth. The solution is just a little offbase, though. Surely Todd would realize that the Canadiens cannot simply hand their goaltending reins to a young netminder with ZERO NHL games played and expect him to lead them to the playoffs.

who the heck is jack todd?

GO :hlogo: GO!

a poor to mediocre gazette sports columnist

gazette as in the montreal gazette, i take it?

i see that opinions on him are somewhat divided...

two minutes to go

what's your point? we're talking completely different situations here.

Todd's idea is crazy.

the point being to simply say that bringing up a goaltender is completely is ridiculous is in itself nonsense. It has been done lots of times. I don't happen to think that this is the solution except maybe to shake the team up. bring him up for a couple of games just to see what he can do. Sometimes the craziest ideas work. Or we could continue to lose and do nothing. Changing lines benching people screaming at them calling them out in the press has not worked to date. Maybe this team relies a little too heavily on Huet and needs to know that you have to support your goaltender not leave him hanging out to dry like has been done so often this year. Where is red light Racicot when you need him?