Game Thread | Montreal vs. Predators | 02/22/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryder is far better then Lats, right now. Lats might become a better hockey player one day, but right now he is slow and his hockey sense is not really there yet. He needs experience, like any young guy..

Ryder has 41 points and 19 goals. Lats has 24 points and 11 goals. Lats has a slightly better plus minus, but minus 10 is nothing to brag about. :)

Ryder has also had two 30 goal seasons, so he has shown he can do it over time. He is prone to slumps, but so is Koivu.....

Good penalty kill...

Ryder is far better then Lats, right now. Lats might become a better hockey player one day, but right now he is slow and his hockey sense is not really there yet. He needs experience, like any young guy..

Ryder has 41 points and 19 goals. Lats has 24 points and 11 goals. Lats has a slightly better plus minus, but minus 10 is nothing to brag about. :)

Ryder has also had two 30 goal seasons, so he has shown he can do it over time. He is prone to slumps, but so is Koivu.....

Good penalty kill...

If you talking about in the moment, yes in the present, now, Lats isn't in the game in the past game and Ryder is playing better hockey then him in the moment but overall this year I'd say Lats played better then him, but in the moment Ryder is.

If you talking about in the moment, yes in the present, now, Lats isn't in the game in the past game and Ryder is playing better hockey then him in the moment but overall this year I'd say Lats played better then him, but in the moment Ryder is.

the years stats tell a different tale...

Lats is better along the boards, but Ryder is faster, has a better shot, and is better at getting open. Clearly.

When I say one day, I mean in a few years when Lats matures. He is not the mighty power forward yet.

Lats has been invisible for at least half the season. But 19 year old power forwards tend to do that.

Agreed. But I'd still prefer Ryder over Lats if forced to choose between now and the end of the regular season and playoffs.

Not too bad, not too bad.

Habs have been strong 5-on-5. If they play a disciplined 3rd period, they have a good chance of coming out winners.

1. Awesome play by Komisarek stopping the breakaway play by the Nashville player. Patient, smart, calculated, excellent. Komisarek -- agressive AND smart.

2. Garth Murray ladies and gentlemen! So happy for this guy. He's a likeable player and to see him play hard and score a second goal in two games... awesome.

Come on Habs, win this game! 20 minutes to tie it up, just need 1 goal.

GHG

Agreed. But I'd still prefer Ryder over Lats if forced to choose between now and the end of the regular season and playoffs.

Right now, yes. Ryder has his flaws but Lats just does not get the NHL just yet.

But like Shanahan, Neely, Leclair, Bertuzzi...it takes them a while to get going.

and I am not saying that he will be as good as those guys. Just pointing out that power forwards take time to develop.

Edited by Wamsley01

Nice backcheck by Komisarek on the breakaway. Way to lift the stick and not take a penalty. Alighty, decent 2nd...let's get 'em in the third.

As for the Ryder/Latendresse debate. That's just silly. Ryder has had a better year, regardless of stats. Latendresse got a gift playing on the 1st line when Higgins went down.

Right now, yes. Ryder has his flaws but Lats just does not get the NHL just yet.

But like Shanahan, Neely, Leclair, Bertuzzi...it takes them a while to get going.

and I am not saying that he will be as good as those guys. Just pointing out that power forwards take time to develop.

I'd like to see Lats take some power skating every summer until now and the end of time :lol: ...I do think he has some pretty solid upside though.

Edited by The Saint

Ottawa-Buffalo 5-5 :wacko:

Who cares. After all, with brawls and the injuries the ice packs are required :P

Buffalo and Ottawa can beat each other to pulp. Works for me :clap: Let them kill each other because it's ugly!

Advantage Habs if they want to destroy each other. :P I hope it doesn't turn out to be a 3 pointer. Go Buffalo. Ottawa is more our enemy numbers wise.

How about the Habs? Their play is more reminicent of earlier in the season. Special teams on both counts are excellent.

We can get them

Go Habs GO!

I wouldn't say that Ryder has a better shot then Latendresse, Ryder has more shots on nets, but Latendresse's shots have been better. watch Ryder's goal tonight, he got the puck under the goalie's legs, he was clearly trying to shoot the the top corner, I'd say Lats has a better shot, but he doesn't get lots of shots on nets, Ryder is a faster skater and better puck handler, but Lats is a 19 years old and he'll get a lot better, what I hate is that people expect him to be a Sydney Crosby...