Huet for Friday?

A 2-game trial is risky business when you have 3 games remaining and need to win atleast 2 (and even that may not be enough) to get in.

Just as you argue that us missing because of bad goaltending means we have no business being in the playoffs, you can argue that, if we miss, had we gotten consistant goaltending from Aebischer or Huet (or even Halak with his 4 consecutive losses) we would have no business being OUT of the playoffs.

Another thing to think about is that the other teams in the hunt are in the same position as us - they MUST win their remaining games. Does that mean that only the top 5 teams in the East deserve to make the playoffs?

Halak seems to be the safer option.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halak seems to be the safer option.

booo!

safe is BORING!

but - i completely see your point. hindsight will always be 20-20. it's quite possible that safe is the way to go.

i'd go with Huet - but - i might be very wrong.

booo!

safe is BORING!

but - i completely see your point. hindsight will always be 20-20. it's quite possible that safe is the way to go.

Or as the 05 Bolts said SAFE IS DEATH

but I do agree with BTH on this one.

Sort of new topic!

Huet for Tuesday??

Bruins are fairly easy and halak will need the rest for thurs.

Would this be smart?

I think if Huet were to go at all...Tuesday would be the time. We might well see that.

booo!

safe is BORING!

i think we should all be glad that i'm not coaching the Habs!

i would have played Huet ... i'm glad Halak started! i humbly ask forgiveness of my fellow Habs fans for my poor judgment!

phew!

Go :hlogo: Go!

I would not like to be the coach! Wow what a decision to make! Play the rookie or the veteran? There is no right decision. If we miss the playoffs, either decision will be contested.

If we lose againts the Rangers, we can still win againts the Leafs and be in the playoffs. So, would we start Huet againts the Rangers? That gives a rest to Halak. If Huet is solid, we can play him againts the Leafs.

If Halak loses againts the NYR and loses his momentum, we'll be in a more difficult position againts the tough Leafs. We'll either play the rookie (with less confidence after the lost, i guess) or Huet 1st game in months.

I'd go with Huet vs the NYR. If he loses, we can still put hot Halak againts the Leafs. If he wins we have 2 options vs the leafs.

aaargh oh well

I would not like to be the coach! Wow what a decision to make! Play the rookie or the veteran? There is no right decision. If we miss the playoffs, either decision will be contested.

If we lose againts the Rangers, we can still win againts the Leafs and be in the playoffs. So, would we start Huet againts the Rangers? That gives a rest to Halak. If Huet is solid, we can play him againts the Leafs.

If Halak loses againts the NYR and loses his momentum, we'll be in a more difficult position againts the tough Leafs. We'll either play the rookie (with less confidence after the lost, i guess) or Huet 1st game in months.

I'd go with Huet vs the NYR. If he loses, we can still put hot Halak againts the Leafs. If he wins we have 2 options vs the leafs.

aaargh oh well

I disagree Sakiqc the only thing that I would question would be if Halak did not start Thursday he has put this team back in the race with his consistant play.

Start with Halak against the Rangers. If he looks sloppy at all, or lets in even one weak one, yank his ass before the game gets out of control and put in Huet. Assess Huet during the Ranger game, and the decision on who starts against TO is based on performance.

If Halak plays well, and gets the win, stick with him until he looks weak.

The decision doesn't appear to be that hard to me.

you have to play halak tomorrow. The kid has been hot and has given the habs a chance at the playoffs. Also, he is coming off a shutout and had a pretty good game against the Rags last time he saw them.

You have to go for the points against the rags and the surest way to do that is to put halak between the pipes.

If you have it wrapped up for saturday, put huet in against TO, otherwise you ride halak into the playoffs - with a short leash.