Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Senators | 03/30/07

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_vert.jpgvrssign.gifsenators_vert.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif40-31-6 : 86 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

ottawa50.gif45-24-8 : 98 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

3768.gif# 41 Jaroslav Halak (8-4-0), 2.94 GAA, .904 Save%

Ottawa

2514.gif# 1 Ray Emery (31-15-5), 2.49 GAA, .918 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Senators Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Streit - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kovalev
Begin - Bonk - Johnson

d.jpg

Souray - Niinimaa
Bouillon - Dandenault
Komisarek - Markov

G.jpg
Jaroslav Halak

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 14th, 2006:ottawa50.gif3 montreal50.gif2 (SO)

Oct. 31st, 2006:ottawa50.gif2 montreal50.gif4

Nov. 13th, 2006:montreal50.gif6 ottawa50.gif3

Jan. 13th, 2007:montreal50.gif3 ottawa50.gif8

Jan. 29th, 2007:ottawa50.gif1 montreal50.gif3

Feb. 8th, 2007:montreal50.gif1 ottawa50.gif4

Feb. 10th, 2007:ottawa50.gif5 montreal50.gif3

Abby30Sens.jpg

Plex35Sens.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& SNETE.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaa.......... :):):)

i got it 1st! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

GO CANADIENS GO!

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=202049&hubname=nhl

Carbonneau gives nod to Halak in net

MONTREAL (CP) - Hot rookie Jaroslav Halak will be in the Montreal Canadiens net until he loses a game, coach Guy Carbonneau said Thursday.

Halak, the starter in each of Montreal's five consecutive victories, will be in goal again on Friday night against the Senators in Ottawa.

''If he wins, he'll be in there Saturday night (at home against Buffalo) and if he wins again, he'll be there Tuesday night (at home against Boston),'' Carbonneau said.

''If he loses? I haven't figured that out yet.''

Carbonneau seemed to step back somewhat from a statement earlier this week that No. 1 goalie Cristobal Huet may return from a hamstring injury in one of the weekend games.

But it is still possible. Huet was to see a doctor on Friday, hoping to get clearance to return. The French goaltender has been out since he tore his left hamstring during a Feb. 14 game against New Jersey.

In Huet's favour is that he has earned at least one point (three wins and two extra-time losses) in five starts against the Sabres this season.

Carbonneau wants to get Huet in a game or two to get his reflexes back before the playoffs, but the Canadiens are in a six-team battle for the last three Eastern Conference spots and right now are riding Halak's hot hand.

''Cristobal did the job for us last year,'' Carbonneau said. ''If the opportunity is there to put him in the net, we will, but as long as Halak is winning, it's not urgent.''

The Canadiens also have goaltenders David Aebischer and Michael Leighton on hand, although neither is expected to see action any time soon.

Halak, 21, has been solid through the Canadiens winning streak, allowing only 10 goals in five games to improve to 8-4-0 since he was called up from AHL Hamilton when Huet got hurt.

Montreal is 3-3-1 against the Senators this season, but lost the last two in back-to-back games in early February.

''They're a team that likes to attack and force things,'' said Carbonneau. ''They'll bring three in to forecheck and their defence will pinch and that's when you have to catch them.

''That's what we've been doing lately - taking advantage of two-on-ones and three-on-twos.''

Another bright spot of late for the Canadiens has been their forward lines, which have all been producing.

Alex Kovalev, who has two goals in each of the last two games, is dangerous on a trio with rookies Guillaume Latendresse and Maxim Lapierre, but more impressive has been Tomas Plekanec between Chris Higgins and rookie Andrei Kostitsyn.

''When we weren't winning earlier, maybe we were relying on one line too much,'' said Higgins. ''Now all our lines are producing and that makes it easier to win.

''It makes it tougher for the opposition to play against us because they usually have one defensive line to play against your big line, so it's worked out well for us.''

Plekanec has goals in each of his last three games to reach 20 for the season, a career high. Kostitsyn has 11 points in 13 games since he was called up on Feb. 22.

''I think he's got his confidence now,'' Higgins said of Kostitsyn, a fine skater and passer. ''He knows his role and he's comfortable playing with Tomas and I.

''We like getting him the puck because he's a pretty skilled player.''

halak_42706.jpg

GO HABS GO get at least 1 win this weekend. Don't wait get it right now against Ottawa !!!!

I heard Alfredsson, Heatley and Redden are not top shape and Heatley wouldn't be sure for friday's game. Let's hope it's true.

I like Carbo's confidence in Halak. Go with the hot hand, good choice.

Good motivation for Halak, too.

"As long as i keep winning, i get to continue playing. (And that means making a name for myself and improving my odds of playing again next season)

GO HABS GO get at least 1 win this weekend. Don't wait get it right now against Ottawa !!!!

I heard Alfredsson, Heatley and Redden are not top shape and Heatley wouldn't be sure for friday's game. Let's hope it's true.

that's very good for us. And I agree with Halak starting as long as he's hot.

Go Habs! We need this a lot more than these classless wankers. I think that somwhow we have to pull off 3 of 4 points this weekend, not only to help the playoff drive but also to give the team a real confidence charge.

Halak should start as long as he's winning, simple as.

the sens will be halaked tomorrow

dare I say 4-2 mtl ??

hahah that's a new verb. Halak'd

How about Muller and Carbo suit up for the game against the Sens. Maybe even Gainey. Get some more depth ahahah

GO HABS GO!!!!

Must win game tomorrow night.

:hlogo:

pretty well almost all games from now till the last one are must-win ones...

with the three-point crush between 6th & 11th, there's lots of place to wiggle from a 'healthy' position (hopefully away from new jersey) in th 1st round to a 'healthy' 1st draft pick position...

win 'em all or at least 80% of them, guys...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Once again, a Must win situation (especially with the leafs clawing at our heels).

Keys to the game:

1) Play Disciplined! (much improved as of late)

2) Lots of shots on Emery

3) Focus on Heatley (If he is playing)

4) Powerplay must continue its success

5) Halak plays an overall solid game

6) 60 Minutes of hockey must be played

I can't see this one becoming a blowout, Final score Habs-5 Sens-3

Heatly hasn't missed a game since he joined the Senators. I don't think a sore ankle is going to make him miss his first. He'll play, but with reduced minutes. Maybe more so on the power play.

Habs have to bring it tonight.

:hlogo:

The Sens are not gonna destroy ys like the lat two games in Ottawa for two reasons.

First we have everybody in game shape, wich we didn't have the last two times we went there. ANd no Aebisher in net.

Second Bonk and Komisarek are the key tonight, both will be challenged to slow down the rush in the defensive zone.

With a couple of big hits, Spezza diseappear. Komo should take care of him.

Bonk line should cause trouble IF they manage to keep the puck in Ottawa zone and cause penalties from undisciplined and cheap shot Sens. Play with their patience cause they have none.

And the first Sen to try charley horse Kovalev should result in a charley horse to Alfredddson. Eye for an eye Murray.

And i have faith in our offense right now, don't matter who score, they will score.