Datsyuk signs for 7 years $47 Million

kaos

Hmm, well it's pretty hard to keep your guys around in the new NHL, so these odd long-term contracts are probably going to be a norm now.

I figure they expect Datsyuk to lead the team from here on out.

I think that's a pretty good deal. Datsyuk is one helluva player.

Much better deal for the team than what the Isles gave Yashin and DiPietro.

I think that's a pretty good deal. Datsyuk is one helluva player.

Much better deal for the team than what the Isles gave Yashin and DiPietro.

We'll see if it's true in 3 years... now, i don't have to work hard for his next contract...

That's a spicy meatball for a young player. Sure he has great numbers, but remember that there's a lot of stat padding in the west conf, particularly in the central division. He also certainly hasn't been an impact player deep in the playoffs, which is why that type of deal is usually reserved for vets with a very long track record of performance.

Like Joe said, this could easily look like a yashin deal in a few years.

Edited by Dirty Harry

His playoffs stats are terrible I guess the wings hope that changes this season. Funny becuase they were in such dispute 2 years agor for just under 4 mil per seson.

Depends if a GM will throw a logical analysis out the window and put up a big premium. There's 30 of them in this league, and they aren't all exactly Goldman-Sachs braintrust when it comes to figuring out their assets real value.

holland will look bad with that signing in a few years. I realize that datsyuk is a great player but he's no Stevie Y

Edited by marky_and_komi

seems the Wings are gambling that the cap will go up over the next years, then this may turn out a relatively good price?

seems the Wings are gambling that the cap will go up over the next years, then this may turn out a relatively good price?

It could very well turn out to be a good price. As you mention, the cap is going to go up bigtime over the next few years.

If Dats can make that kinda money what would crosby and OV command when its their turn...? gosh I don't want to think about it. the thought that this tidy sum of money could easily solve the hunger crisis in some part of the world is just mind blowing.

Edited by Chips