Who stays who goes?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While taking a drink of Pepsi just now I saw a reflection in the bottle... it was... AN EPITHANY, Epitamy, epittle..... you get the point.

I saw the Habs roster on next seasons TSN preview show. It was.

Smyth-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Cammalleri-Kostitsyn

Johnson-Plekanec-Latendresse

Begin-Lapierre-Moen

Souray-Hannan

Markov-Komisarek

Preissing-Streit

Huet/Halak

Dont ask me how or why the team looks this way... only be happy it is.

:hlogo:

PS.. I see that costing us about 43-44 million or so.

While taking a drink of Pepsi just now I saw a reflection in the bottle... it was... AN EPITHANY, Epitamy, epittle..... you get the point.

I saw the Habs roster on next seasons TSN preview show. It was.

Smyth-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Cammalleri-Kostitsyn

Johnson-Plekanec-Latendresse

Begin-Lapierre-Moen

Souray-Hannan

Markov-Komisarek

Preissing-Streit

Huet/Halak

Dont ask me how or why the team looks this way... only be happy it is.

Where's Price in this equation?

Yes I know who Chris Higgins is.

He's the 'heart throb' of the team.

After the Latendresse hype last year, I'm beginning to think that the montreal media hypes the prospects better then they actually are.

I don't know if he's the heart throb yet, but he's definitely one of our better players.

What's wrong with Lats? He isn't the next coming of Lafleur, but he's going to be a damn good hockey player for years to come.

where's Price in this equation?

Ummm, in the AHL...

In Hamilton I hope.

No way the Habs get Smyth and Hannan!

If Sammy and Kovy are gone, there's $8 million off the books...

If Sammy and Kovy are gone, there's $8 million off the books...

Kovalev will be back.

if its anything like a repeat of last year. Then we won't get the big star signing more of a reject aka Samsonov.

Why not play Price, see what he's got?

I am sure Price needs to devlop and throwing him into the fire may not be the best option but he was the best goalie at camp 2 years in a row.

Why not play Price, see what he's got?

We will see what hes got... in the AHL. Rushing goalies thru the system is a good way to ruin them.

Dear god, I'm going to hurl.

If there ever was a player that made a career of hanging off the coat tails of super stars (Jagr, Lemieux) its him. Although Nedved comes a close second.

You are entitled to your opinion and I agree that he had a terrible year this year but I believe he will be better next year and much better the following year.

Kovalev will be back.

Not according to the Habby's prediction. But yes, I agree with you that he will be back.

We will see what hes got... in the AHL. Rushing goalies thru the system is a good way to ruin them.

M.A. Fleury anyone?

Dear god, I'm going to hurl.

If there ever was a player that made a career of hanging off the coat tails of super stars (Jagr, Lemieux) its him. Although Nedved comes a close second.

I think you're overreacting. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who would dispute that Kovy has elite-level skills, but his problem is his work ethic.

I completely disagree. Look at his stats then look at when his numbers unexpectedly inflated. He's a compliment player and nothing more.

See above.

I completely disagree. Look at his stats then look at when his numbers unexpectedly inflated. He's a compliment player and nothing more.

I disagree based on his playoff totals. I guess we will just wait and see next year but I would venture that he will score 65 + points including 25 + goals.

After the Latendresse hype last year...

WHAT?! He was 19 years old. He hasn't even landed yet. Hand eye awesome and nice hands. WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUI :P

The nice thing is that out of the 6 remaining NHL prospects participating in CHL playoff action, 3 of them are Habs. And, we have arguably the best CHL (all around) player in this years crop.

WHAT?! He was 19 years old. He hasn't even landed yet. Hand eye awesome and nice hands. WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUI :P

The nice thing is that out of the 6 remaining NHL prospects participating in CHL playoff action, 3 of them are Habs. And, we have arguably the best CHL (all around) player in this years crop.

Well then why don't you bring em up? Look at what all the young guns did for Pittsburgh. The team got old really fast when the clock hit '07. Like the Canadian Olympic team. Uninspired. Not enough young blood.

But I don't think the Montreal media wants a rebuilding year. They rather beat a dead horse.

Well then why don't you bring em up? Look at what all the young guns did for Pittsburgh. The team got old really fast when the clock hit '07. Like the Canadian Olympic team. Uninspired. Not enough young blood.

But I don't think the Montreal media wants a rebuilding year. They rather beat a dead horse.

In the last 2 seasons the Canadiens have had TEN sophmores/rookies. We are bringing them up and the time has come to trade assets for vets or bring them up more. That'll happen. I'm starting to believe that Bonk and Johnson might be gone. It's kid route time. And, there will be movement.

That's what we've been doing. But you can't ice an entire team of rookies, they need some veteran support/guidance.

In 05-06 we had Higgins, Plekanec and Perezhogin as rookies. In 06-07 we finished the season with Latendresse, Lapierre, Kostitsyn and Halak on the roster.

That's what we've been doing. But you can't ice an entire team of rookies, they need some veteran support/guidance.

In 05-06 we had Higgins, Plekanec and Perezhogin as rookies. In 06-07 we finished the season with Latendresse, Lapierre, Kostitsyn and Halak on the roster.

well replace the dead weight with the young guns oops that's copyrighted. young players.

Unfortunately BG seems to be committed to keeping Kovalev.

In a perfect world this wouldn't be a big deal because a coach would typically adjust his system to accomodate the big talent. This is not the case in Montreal. There is a reason that the kids have been doing well in montreal, it is because they can adapt better to a new coach's system. The vets cannot. One would argue that this is a reason to bring up more prospects who can grow in Carbo's system...I would argue that this is a weakness in our coaching. We need to adapt the system so our vets can prosper, the kids will adapt to that system as well.

Keep Kovy, change the system, hire a decent coach for the defense and sign a genuine talent if possible.

I hope the Habs look like this at training camp:

Kovy - (UFA 1) - Ryder

Higgs - Koivu -Kost

Lats - Pleks - Begin

Grabs - Chips - Lapierre

Markov - Komi

(UFA 2) - Streight

Bouillon - Dandy

UFA 1: This should be that elusive superstar center (ie Drury) who can take the pressure off Koivu. If we can't get a center, then we should try for a first line winger and move Koivu back to the first line, Pleks to the second line, and try Chips as the checking center.

UFA 2: This MUST be a puck moving defensive defenceman.

I kept Bouillon and Dandy because they will NOT be moved and they can improve their play next year with the help of a decent defence coach.

Whadaya think??

Unfortunately BG seems to be committed to keeping Kovalev.

In a perfect world this wouldn't be a big deal because a coach would typically adjust his system to accomodate the big talent. This is not the case in Montreal. There is a reason that the kids have been doing well in montreal, it is because they can adapt better to a new coach's system. The vets cannot. One would argue that this is a reason to bring up more prospects who can grow in Carbo's system...I would argue that this is a weakness in our coaching. We need to adapt the system so our vets can prosper, the kids will adapt to that system as well.

Keep Kovy, change the system, hire a decent coach for the defense and sign a genuine talent if possible.

I hope the Habs look like this at training camp:

Kovy - (UFA 1) - Ryder

Higgs - Koivu -Kost

Lats - Pleks - Begin

Grabs - Chips - Lapierre

Markov - Komi

(UFA 2) - Streight

Bouillon - Dandy

UFA 1: This should be that elusive superstar center (ie Drury) who can take the pressure off Koivu. If we can't get a center, then we should try for a first line winger and move Koivu back to the first line, Pleks to the second line, and try Chips as the checking center.

I kept Bouillon and Dandy because they will NOT be moved and they can improve their play next year with the help of a decent defence coach.

Whadaya think??

who's streight ??

no way we can get rid of samsonov and kovalev this summer.

Timonen and Rafalski are both UFAs... seeing how Nashville has pettered out fast in the playoffs and Foppa/Kariya might not return, I'd really like Bob to make a strong pitch to sign Kimmo. Saku could try to help out, if he's so damn tired of rebuilding than he should do a little extra curricular activities and work to bring in UFAs.