NHL partners with joost

gelu88

NHL.com

Joost is still in private beta, so it wont be available to download for a while, but once its out, it promises TV quality video streamed over the net, free.

This could mean complete freedom from CBC/TSN/RDS, and more importantly makes games availible all over North america(not sure about the rest of the world).

They start next month during the finals, though no one i know has an invite so its a moot point.

Cause for celebration? i think so

Edited by gelu88

by delay, they mean minutes, which is pretty "live" as far as im concerned. This isn't really "free" if you check out what Joost, they have partnered with ABC, NBC, ESPN and a number of other networks that i don't remember to put stuff online. They make the money on targeted ads, and such.

So the NHL is getting paid for this, just not by us.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as RDS is available I'm happy paying for it and watching every habs game. But online and free would be nice.

I don't think that anything can see had for free. Specially LIVE hockey games...

would be a nice dream, I guess.?

• 4 weeks later...

I have been able to join Joost through a private invite. As of today, the entire NHL playoffs are on joost commercial and intermission free.

They also have a few classic games.

Overall I am not yet impressed with the joost programming but I suspect that it will improve with popularity. BTW it has a lot of SI swimsuit stuff. :D

If anyone wants to check it out badly I can supply some invites. Not sure how many I have.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I have been able to join Joost through a private invite. As of today, the entire NHL playoffs are on joost commercial and intermission free.

They also have a few classic games.

Overall I am not yet impressed with the joost programming but I suspect that it will improve with popularity. BTW it has a lot of SI swimsuit stuff. :D

If anyone wants to check it out badly I can supply some invites. Not sure how many I have.

Is it free? :hockey:

NHL.com

Joost is still in private beta, so it wont be available to download for a while, but once its out, it promises TV quality video streamed over the net, free.

This could mean complete freedom from CBC/TSN/RDS, and more importantly makes games availible all over North america(not sure about the rest of the world).

They start next month during the finals, though no one i know has an invite so its a moot point.

Cause for celebration? i think so

I'd appreciate it, since I only get to see a few Habs games a year the way things are now.

Send me a PM if yous want one with your e-mail addresses. If you already did then I have deleted by accident or I can't retrieve it for some reason...lol send it again.

BTW there are no Habs game on there yet but probably come October... Most of the playoffs and some classic games as well.