Game Thread: Game 1 - Hamilton @ Manitoba - 05/05/07

mathieu30

I have heard the same thing but don't know if it's true or not. Maybe there will be some information that might be released during the game broadcast tonight.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the same thing but don't know if it's true or not. Maybe there will be some information that might be released during the game broadcast tonight.

Kostitsyn is not on the game sheet either. I hope there's nothing serious with him or his family..

The game is over. Dogs win 2-1.

Price gets 1st star. Grabovski gets 3rd star.

Wow great job Price! Very nice pro career start

Woohoo! Go Dogs.

I noticed that Carle wasn't on the score sheet either. Maybe they are just using the called up juniors in case of injuries. Would love to see A-cup in a por game though! See how well he fares.

i was watching the ottawa game tonite...and i left but my roomie mentioned possible free agent pick up from buffalo...briere

Connection?

Carle is the team's 7th dman.

Note to mention, he doesn't have any sort of contract with the Bulldogs. He's just practicing with them.

i was watching the ottawa game tonite...and i left but my roomie mentioned possible free agent pick up from buffalo...briere

Who's picking up Briere? :o

Briere's team is still in the playoffs. It would be seen as unethical to have legitimate trade discusions when his current team is still in the hunt. This can be nothing more than speculation!

That's why the players have agents :P

GMs can just hint off.

"Oh you're this guy's agent? Oh boy, I'd love for him to come play in my team, I know I'd give him a sweet deal too"

Allegedly he's Bob's number one target in the off-season according to the guys on CBC.

Briere's team is still in the playoffs. It would be seen as unethical to have legitimate trade discusions when his current team is still in the hunt. This can be nothing more than speculation!

During the second intermission on CBC three analysts were discussing the UFA market and Montreal. Zubrus was mentioned, as he apparently wants to play in Montreal again. Briere was also brought up because the analysts think that Gainey's number one target will be a talented French-Canadien centre (ie Briere).

So far so good. The Bulldogs will be heading home for game 3 with at least a split. Sounds good to me. Looking for a good effort tonight. Game 3 goes Tuesday night and Game 4 is on Saturday.

"That's the way we thought they'd play. They played their game probably to a tee. They trapped it up, took the middle away and we got a little sloppy.

I think that we had a good effort, but we got sloppy. A play here, a play there where the support wasn't there, and when you play a team that traps, you have to have guys close, lots of support and quick puck movement. We just weren't on."

-Lee Goren

Go 'Dogs go!

So we trapped the Moose ??

Lever was saying before the game that the Moose and the Americans uses 1-2-2 system.

They just adjusted their team to what the Moose were bringing.

I don't know much of Don Lever but i like his comments, game plans and he seems to over coach the other teams.

And Price oh man the kid is phenomenal.

There's a rumour out there that Sergei Kostitsyn has returned home to Belarus. Anyone have info on this? I have no link :(

I hope this is not true. I hope I don't have to wait for tonight to see.

This information was confirmed by the Bulldogs play by play announcer during the game broadcast.

This information was confirmed by the Bulldogs play by play announcer during the game broadcast.

So he returned home because he wasn't dressed for game 1?

:huh:

Huge win to steal home ice. Price got a little lucky at the end but nothing wrong with a goalie having a little luck.

I heard patrick roy sent gifts to his posts on christmas !! :D