Saskin is out of NHLPA

RobRock

Ted Saskin was fired in a unanimous vote of the NHLPA's executive board. The boardheld a conference call today after they received a report concerning the monitoring of player e-mail, allegedly involving Saskin and head of business development Ken Kim. The report indicated that player e-mail had been surveilled for a lengthy period of time, but no specific time period was disclosed. The purpose of the monitoring was believed to be an attempt to get Saskin into the position of executive director at some point in time.

NHLPA fires executive director Ted Saskin

As part of his severance package, Saskin will receive accrued vacation pay and union shares. Union shares? Since when did unions have shares?

Edited by RobRock

Shares? I believe Saskin was sharing the player's funds long enough.

I'm not surprised by this dismissal in the least. What remains to be seen is how much Saskin will try to sue the union over either wrongful dismissal or back pay/severance.

Now, the NHLPA has their work cut out for them, if they want to hire someone with a strong labour relations background, who knows something about pro sports, and has integrity. This time, picking someone with two out of three will be bad.

Shares? I believe Saskin was sharing the player's funds long enough.

I'm not surprised by this dismissal in the least. What remains to be seen is how much Saskin will try to sue the union over either wrongful dismissal or back pay/severance.

If that report has any hard evidence that Saskin monitored player e-mail, I don't think he'll have a case for wrongful dismissal.

Doesn't matter with all these big wigs....CEO's etc... they all have sevrence packages in their contract.........and they get that $$ no matter what even if their fired/let go/go to jail.. :rolleyes: