Going Fishing......

beliveau1

why does the canadian grade school year go til the end of june?

because mommies and daddies work and summer camp haven't started yet !!

why does the canadian grade school year go til the end of june?

It's like that in Europe as well. When does the school year end in the US?

well I know somebody from Prince George and she said school doesn't get out until the end of june and starts after Labour day. And then Shortcat was telling me his lesson plans and he said he's got everything planned til the end of june.

In Ontario - grade schools, high schools, colleges, and universities start classes right after the September Labour Day weekend(although colleges & universities do so with a week of frosh activities) Grades Kindergarten through 8 finish classes in late June. High Schools are done somewhat earlier than that while the college/universities are done by the end of April in most if not all cases. Some universities have summer terms - we do here at Waterloo, but it is done by early August.....

hey I think this thread has been hijacked...... (I need an emoticon - my kingdom for a suitable emoticon!!!!)

Edited by beliveau1

ahh interesting. Thanks for the info beliveau1

no problem.....

Ever heard of PTG before?

;)

uummmhh - yaaa......

So did you catch the 'big one' :)

We did quite well actually, but no lunkers this trip. Had a feed of fresh pickerel(walleye to Americans) last night - delicious!!!!!!!

Weather was mid 20's Celsius one day, freezing & snow the next, and then hit 32 on Thursday..... all over the map?

Bugs were minimal though so that was a bonus!