Going Fishing......

beliveau1

Well I'll be back in about 10 days - I'm going fishing in northern Ontario. Off to the cottage for our annual spring time walleye trip. No TV so it will be hard to follow the playoffs - radio reception isn't the greatest there?

Talk to ya later gang...... as if I'll by missed all that much right? :lol::)

Go Sens, Go Wings - hopefully they'll be playing when I get back (there my true colours this spring have been revealed....)

:hockey: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

Well I'll be back in about 10 days - I'm going fishing in northern Ontario. Off to the cottage for our annual spring time walleye trip. No TV so it will be hard to follow the playoffs - radio reception isn't the greatest there?

Talk to ya later gang...... as if I'll by missed all that much right? :lol::)

Have fun! I'll miss all those statements with question marks at the end. I guess somebody will have to pick up the slack while you're gone? ^_^

Have fun! I'll miss all those statements with question marks at the end. I guess somebody will have to pick up the slack while you're gone? ^_^

Well - I have opinions but I'm never so arrogant as to think they are the absolute & definitive statement.

So I just end it with a question mark - like this? :D

Have fun, catch a few big ones.

Whether we catch 'em or not it is always a lot of fun enjoying the beauty of this creation.... :P

p.s. I'll just leave myself logged on somewhere so that way you'll wonder where I'm lurking - much like the lunkers we're chasing?

Edited by beliveau1

Well - I have opinions but I'm never so arrogant as to think they are the absolute & definitive statement.

So I just end it with a question mark - like this? :D

Don't worry - as soon as we see 'beliveau1', we know it won't be the absolute and definitive statement.

Kidding, kidding. :D

Don't worry - as soon as we see 'beliveau1', we know it won't be the absolute and definitive statement.

Kidding, kidding. :D

naw - I can take a joke..... :rolleyes: I know when I've heard the definitive & absolute statement?

Only problem is I have to take the overnight bus north this year - Greyhound here to Toronto and then the Northlander to New Liskeard. I dread hanging with that unique bus crowd - such special people? My buddy can't go north until Sunday so we are saving having 2 vehicles to drive back home. I'd prefer the train north as it is a nice relaxing trip - but they have made the damn connections in Toronto almost impossible to make. IDIOTS!!!!!

See ya late & have fun discussing the playoffs & the Habs guys(and gals too?).....

Edited by beliveau1

Ok, amuse-toi bien. What are you fishing for?

Walleye (pickerel to most of us) and some pike/lake trout too......

New Liskeard?

Is that the place?

Yeah that's the town, but our cottage is about 40 miles south east of there on a small lake that flows into Lake Temiskaming which is the headwaters of the Ottawa River system. Only four cottages on the lake so very private!

if you go out early in the morning bundle up. lows are around 2 and 3 on most days of the week.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/features/...es/CAON0470.htm

Grew up there so I'm used to it! Supposed to hit close to 25 Celsius midweek but it will be cool in the evenings when we go for walleye... We are well prepared for it - I hope? :?- :)

Was bad last year though - snow storm put a damper on that trip! We take long johns and heavy clothes for this time of year :lol: Nights will be cold.....

Edited by beliveau1

I remember back in, must have been '96, we went on a fishing trip to White Fish Falls in Ontario. We bought a cheap 30 buck black-and-white TV to bring with us so we could watch the playoffs. After 15 minutes the darn thing broke. Probably for the best, though, I only had to listen to the Avs win the Cup rather then having to see it too, hehe.

Also fished up in Canada in '94, as the Rangers won the Cup and OJ ran. Weather was awful that week. Started out bitterly cold, and by the end of the week it was topping 40C. :puke: Fishing was great during the mid-week, though.

It is still beyond me how people can find any entertainment at all in catching fish.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back - fishing was great! Time well spent! It's always better than a week of anything else I've ever tried out there.....

Nature, the cottage and some peace & quiet - fish are just a bonus.

beliveau1 is back.............., YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Nature, the cottage and some peace & quiet.

One of the reasons why I want to move to Canada.

beliveau1 is back.............., YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

One of the reasons why I want to move to Canada.

Well I'm glad someone is happy that I'm back - but I would seriously suggest you have the doctor up your meds if that's case?

But yeah it was a a great trip to a slice of paradise!

why does the canadian grade school year go til the end of june?

It has been like that since the dawn of time - not sure as to the exact reasons for it though?