Top 20

montreal

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?na...icle&sid=59

Price stays at the top. I didn't count Lats since he's had a full year in the nhl. Cote and Danis since they are 25 and Gleed/Desjardins since they are on AHL contracts. Likely the last go for Halak, Lapierre and Kostitsyn as they should be full timers next year. The '05 and '06 drafts are really looking impressive.

I defenitly agree with all of this. Specially Ferland and Milroy back down 18-19. They'll both never make NHL. Sorry but the future is D'Agostini, Kost brothers and Grabovski, maybe Chipchura.

I defenitly agree with all of this. Specially Ferland and Milroy back down 18-19. They'll both never make NHL. Sorry but the future is D'Agostini, Kost brothers and Grabovski, maybe Chipchura.

I'd be pretty surprised if Chipchurra doesn't make it to the NHL.

Good, if not self-evident, list.

i guess locke is completely out of the picture then?

Not out of the picture, but he does have an uphill battle. As does Urquhart, Lambert, Archer, I don't like to write off prospects, so to me there's always hope. Locke needs to work on his skating, strength, speed, defensive play and work ethic. It's a good sign that he's finding ways to produce. But while he's put up more points in the playoffs then Chipchura, it's Chipchura's play that is really impressing me at both ends of the ice. Grabovski was easily one of Hamilton's top players but he hasn't been the same since the knee injuury/hand injury and loss of Kostitsyn. That said I would think that Locke has his work cut out for him if he's to get ice time over these two with the Habs, but he'll have the summer to work on things and we'll see how next year goes.

Not out of the picture, but he does have an uphill battle. As does Urquhart, Lambert, Archer, I don't like to write off prospects, so to me there's always hope. Locke needs to work on his skating, strength, speed, defensive play and work ethic. It's a good sign that he's finding ways to produce. But while he's put up more points in the playoffs then Chipchura, it's Chipchura's play that is really impressing me at both ends of the ice. Grabovski was easily one of Hamilton's top players but he hasn't been the same since the knee injuury/hand injury and loss of Kostitsyn. That said I would think that Locke has his work cut out for him if he's to get ice time over these two with the Habs, but he'll have the summer to work on things and we'll see how next year goes.

Thanks for the write up! I've caught a couple of the Bulldog playoff games, and I must say I too was impressed with Chipchura. Very strong on his skates and does a great job coming out of the corners with the puck.

Grabovski looks decent too. The big problem seemed to be that he and his linemates weren't on the same page. He seemed to be expecting passes and they would never come. I don't know if it's his fault though, or if his linemates can't keep up with him.

One thing is how a guy like David Fisher is ranked so high with ordinary results.

I know he is a first round pick but he was not even on the top two pair of his university team.

I think that the ranked you are picked should have no impact, it's should be about the caliber and the role you play with

your team.

One thing is how a guy like David Fisher is ranked so high with ordinary results.

I know he is a first round pick but he was not even on the top two pair of his university team.

I think that the ranked you are picked should have no impact, it's should be about the caliber and the role you play with

your team.

Where someone is picked doesn't really factor in. I go off what I see and their potential. Fischer was very impressive in his own end. So what that he wasn't in the top 4. He had maybe the top prospect not in the NHL playing the same position as him, so Eric Johnson is going to get the key ice time over Fischer and for good reason. As a true freshman, Fischer played well this year for the most part. I was disappointed in his offensive play but he was just so impressive in his own end. He's very smart positionally but what is really big for us is how well he moves the puck. He filled out his frame some but I suspect he'll fill out a little more over the next few years. What I liked is that he didn't seem to have problems containing players along the boards down low, so that's a good sign. He did show progression in his offensive game, early in the season he would just dump the puck in off the boards/glass, but as the season wore on he started to get more involved in the rush, started shooting the puck more (rarely would shoot) but he also didn't get any PP time. He did get time on the PK and did well.

I got to see almost every game he played for Minnesota this year, I think his upside is a top pairing D, but I also think he's many years away from this. I could easily overrate him, it's all just one persons opinion and in the end means nothing, since it's how they play that matters.