What's up with Alexei Emelin

brboo

Just wondering, I know the negotiations were not going well. But he was drafted in 2004 so does that mean we needed to sign him by june 1st,or he goes back to the draft? Not sure on this but the Wild lost their 1st round pick from 2004 because they couldn't work out a deal. It would be nice to get him signed, he seems like a can't miss prospect.

Just wondering, I know the negotiations were not going well. But he was drafted in 2004 so does that mean we needed to sign him by june 1st,or he goes back to the draft? Not sure on this but the Wild lost their 1st round pick from 2004 because they couldn't work out a deal. It would be nice to get him signed, he seems like a can't miss prospect.

We have until next summer to sign him, 2008 same with Valentenko. There hasn't been any info lately. Gainey will have to work something out with Lada in order to get him over here, I assume he will need to buy out his contract with Lada. But we'll have to see.

Promising news about Yemelin:

"We're also speaking with two defencemen from Russia, Alexei Yemelin and Pavel Valentenko."

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690756

Good news and good find. It would be nice to have them both but one being here for sure by the time the draft rolls around would be nice.

What seems to be the hold up on bringing him over?

Does he want to jump straight into the NHL or what?

That might not be such a problem since he's probably NHL ready. The hold up is that he's under contract with Lada Togliatti and with no trasnfer agreement set in place, it's hard to bring him here. He wants to play here though, and we want him.

I am sure he does not mind playing for his dad either.

Good point. Although I sorta figured when he sued the team his dad was coaching, he was announcing he wanted out. They caught up on his payments, but if Lada wasn't paying the coach's son, something stinks the state of the RSL.

CJAD is reporting that the Habs have an offer on the table for Emelin and the terms have been worked out, he should give his answer in a day or two but it appears as though he will be signed very soon.

CJAD is reporting that the Habs have an offer on the table for Emelin and the terms have been worked out, he should give his answer in a day or two but it appears as though he will be signed very soon.

Great news. This takes a lot of the pressure off Gainey to pull the trigger on a big UFA signing because I believe Emelin is not far away from being a second pairing NHL defenceman. The main thing he has to do is adjust.

Gainey has had an excellent summer already he should be very proud. Also if the Habs have so many defenders on entry level contracts they can afford a big name this offseason.

Bye bye to one of the two heads of Dandouillon

wonderful news. if Emelin, is able to join the lineup and contribute it would certainly make a difference in who we focus on this draft and in a possible trade.

GO HABS GO!

I really, really hope Emelin comes over this year. He may have a lot of work to do making the transition to North America, but I think of the D we've got in the system, Emelin is the closest to be ready to excell in the NHL.

Between Emelin, Gorges and O'Byrne we've finally got some young D ready to push for jobs and hopefully at least one of them will out play Boullion or Dandenault and take their slot. Now we need a quality vet to take Souray's minutes.